Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Top five google searches on my phone this past 6 months.

1. Sergio Aguero injury
    2. Wayne Rooney injury
    3. Robin van Persie injury
    4. David Silva injury
    5. Yaya Toure injury.

;)
    6. Daniel Sturridge "knock"

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

FHFC wrote: »
    Top five google searches on my phone this past 6 months.

1. Sergio Aguero injury
    2. Wayne Rooney injury
    3. Robin van Persie injury
    4. David Silva injury
    5. Yaya Toure injury.

;)

Jesus, I better go to confession, I thought I was normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

For the previous 3 game weeks I have left 19, 17 & 12 points on the bench! This week I transferred in Rooney for a 4pt hit due to double game week and 3 potential opportunities to score big.
    Annoying game :mad: but I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fantasy football

Hey guys, I'm new here but was just wondering if any of you experienced players could shed some light on this? My son is looking like winning a league with a pretty good prize (two match tickets). However, he is 17 and to be 18 in September. We just researched the league again and discovered the ' over 18 only' clause. Would this completely remove any chance of him winning the prize as it seems a little unfair on him? When asked for prizes did you give Id and if so would mine be ok to cover him? I could say he was managing it for me(which he was at the start!). Thanks a million guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hey guys, I'm new here but was just wondering if any of you experienced players could shed some light on this? My son is looking like winning a league with a pretty good prize (two match tickets). However, he is 17 and to be 18 in September. We just researched the league again and discovered the ' over 18 only' clause. Would this completely remove any chance of him winning the prize as it seems a little unfair on him? When asked for prizes did you give Id and if so would mine be ok to cover him? I could say he was managing it for me(which he was at the start!). Thanks a million guys.

who is offering the prize? is the prize from the official site itself or a monthly/season prize in a separate league like done deal league etc?

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    who is offering the prize? is the prize from the official site itself or a monthly/season prize in a separate league like done deal league etc?

It's a private league from a well known football website.

It's a private league from a well known football website.
    And does it say in their terms and conditions that you have to be 18 or over or is it on the main site for the fantasy football itself that it says it?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    And does it say in their terms and conditions that you have to be 18 or over or is it on the main site for the fantasy football itself that it says it?

Their terms in the small print, however FPL themselves allow it with parent's consent

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Their terms in the small print, however FPL themselves allow it with parent's consent

The "over 18" clause was probably just because they couldn't send a minor to a match. If he's 18 in September, it shouldn't be a problem I would have thought.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The "over 18" clause was probably just because they couldn't send a minor to a match. If he's 18 in September, it shouldn't be a problem I would have thought.

Hope so anyway, I'll try my best to negotiate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hope so anyway, I'll try my best to negotiate!

I wouldn't mention it until it comes up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I know us Irish are famous for patting ourselves on the bag for "punching above our weight". It certainly appears we do so in FPL. I'm inside 9k in the world but I'm outside 1200 in Ireland. Even if the game was played only in the British Isles we'd be doing well to have that kind of representation in the top 10k. What's the secret???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

To link to the discussion on the GW thread:
    Maybe it's the luck of the Irish ;)

yeah as the other person commented, don't even acknowledge age, they have no access to your/his FPL account so unless they ask for his age they won't know it, by the time the match comes around he'll be 18 anyway so shouldn't matter then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I know us Irish are famous for patting ourselves on the bag for "punching above our weight". It certainly appears we do so in FPL. I'm inside 9k in the world but I'm outside 1200 in Ireland. Even if the game was played only in the British Isles we'd be doing well to have that kind of representation in the top 10k. What's the secret???

To pat ourselves on the back even more maybe this forum is the secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

To pat ourselves on the back even more maybe this forum is the secret.

In all seriousness I've found myself reading posts from the two main FPL sites and they are beyond juvenile, it's all lol at Rooney owners or whoever hasn't been picked or hasn't performed. This place seems head and shoulders above any opposition it may have, we should charge a subscription;) (no charge for anyone in the FSA premier league obviously:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

One of Burnley's best players last season and tipped by a few here to have a big impact next season, Kieran Trippier has signed a new 3 year contract with the Clarets. Arsenal were said to be in the hunt for him so this guarantees him to be nailed on in one of the newly promoted sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

jebforever wrote: »
    One of Burnley's best players last season and tipped by a few here to have a big impact next season, Kieran Trippier has signed a new 3 year contract with the Clarets. Arsenal were said to be in the hunt for him so this guarantees him to be nailed on in one of the newly promoted sides.
    I seen him play about 15 times last year and have always been impressed.
    He is burnleys best player very attacking full back and a great crosser of the ball. Ive bigged him up a few times so hopefully he can do it at PL level and converts this into FF points. Burnley had a very small squad last year and basically played the same starting eleven every week so will be good for guaranteed starters that you will need as squad fillers. The best options are trippier RB , Heaton GK, shackell CB, arfield mid, Ings striker. It will be interesting to see if burnley stick with their 4 4 2 next season may not be so good for CS in the PL. Basically trippier the RB bombs forward whereas Mee the LB rarely crosses the halfway line its a bit like watching Ireland with coleman and ward as full backs. Trippier is that good he can even do this:pac:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McYoNyWXKy8

Advertisement