Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Set up the mob app hope I can remember week in week out to play best luck everyone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just saw that the official app is free at the minute on the App Store. Hopefully it will cover the new season too, bit pointless to make it free otherwise

That was for the 12/13 season. It was made free at the tail end of last season - there will be a new app for the 13/14 season and will more than likely cost a few euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

New FF site launching at 8pm .

Ran by a few good lads .

http://fantasyfootballpundits.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jax Teller wrote: »
    New FF site launching at 8pm .

Ran by a few good lads .

http://fantasyfootballpundits.com/

Followed them on twitter last year. Approachable enough. Wonder what the site will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

If you want to check out how good you really are at this game check out where you are placed worldwide based on the last few years positions:

http://members.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/hall-of-fame/career/

I'm outside the top 1000 but could break in this year if I have a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I'm outside the top 1k too - 1,926. It doesn't seem to have last season's (12/13) finishes included though?

My results were shit before the last three seasons, would be good if I could delete out those finishes! I didn't know what I was doing and just played to win private leagues. And used to run a number of different teams concurrently which is never a good idea. 200k+ finishes can't help your overall score!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

If you want to check out how good you really are at this game check out where you are placed worldwide based on the last few years positions:

Is that just for members of the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Is that just for members of the site?

Oh wait yeah sorry only had a quick look earlier, seems its only around 14000 people, I'd say its those who enter the FF Scout league rather than members, still a high proportion of the top managers I'd say, not including the great ones here that don't enter the FF Scout league of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 goals for anelka today

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm at 716 which I'm fairly impressed with. Top 500 would be nice but top 750 will do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

272 :) and 235 in the live one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

a few rumours that if united don't get fabregas, modric and cabaye are on their radar. at 6.5 cabaye could be a good shout for united.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

zaha starts again for united for those of you keeping an eye on him.

Man Utd XI v F-Marinos: De Gea; Fabio, Jones, Evans, Evra, Anderson, Cleverley, Lingard, Zaha, Januzaj, Van Persie #MUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I wonder if carlcon will make a return this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

have chelsea played many preseason games?

how is schurrle getting on?

Suarez going to Arsenal would be very interesting. I really want both him and Bale to stay in the PL.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/23/arsenal-luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer?CMP=twt_gu&AFF_ID=16562

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Suarez goes to Arsenal I really will hate his lying guts, but later on in the season, he would probably solve any striking problems people may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Need some help in figuring out the specific players that will be on free kicks / penaltys / corners:

Manchester United: VP (penaltys/corners)
    Everton: Baines (free kicks/penaltys/corners)

Anyone can help on the remaining teams?

Gerrard looking good in pre-season friendly against Melbourne Victory, just scored to put them 1-0 up. Sterling looking very sharp, has had four decent chances already.

Half hour left, looks like Suarez might get a run out!

EDIT: Suarez is on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sunderland look like they're ahead of Spurs in terms of fitness in the Barclays trophy match. Sunderland 2-1 up. (Sig for Spurs, Cabral and Wes Brown with the goals)

Edit: 3-1 Karlsson with the 3rd and it's over

3-1 Sunderland - Karlsson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Man City team: Hart, Kompany (C), Zabaleta, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Barry, Fernandinho, Toure, Dzeko

SUBS: Richards, Negredo, Sinclair, Kolarov, Garcia, Aguero, Rodwell, Pantilimon, Nastasic, Suarez, Boyata, Nimely, Huws, Razak

Strong back line - I hope that's not a preview to how they plan on lining up this season. Who would be keeping Nastasic out of the team, Lescott?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Spurs should sign dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

who's gonna start the season in goal for sunderland - mannone or westwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Man City team: Hart, Kompany (C), Zabaleta, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Nasri, Barry, Fernandinho, Toure, Dzeko

SUBS: Richards, Negredo, Sinclair, Kolarov, Garcia, Aguero, Rodwell, Pantilimon, Nastasic, Suarez, Boyata, Nimely, Huws, Razak

Said a few days back that I wouldn't be surprised to see Pellegrini favour Lescott to Nastasic.

I still think Hart, Kompany and Yaya are the only City players you can be 100% sure of starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland look like they're ahead of Spurs in terms of fitness in the Barclays trophy match. Sunderland 2-1 up. (Sig for Spurs, Cabral and Wes Brown with the goals)

Edit: 3-1 Karlsson with the 3rd and it's over

Very good performance. As you said, we were a canny bit ahead of Spurs in terms of fitness. Di Canio does have the lads fighting fit as he said he would, we could really come firing out of the blocks at the start of the season so it's a pity the home fixtures spoil things from a fantasy football point of view.
    roryc wrote: »
    Strong back line - I hope that's not a preview to how they plan on lining up this season. Who would be keeping Nastasic out of the team, Lescott?

Aye, they're the same price anyway and with Nastasic halfway across the globe on the first week for a friendly I suspect Lescott might get the nod for that game anyway. We should know a lot more during the managers press conference ahead of gameweek 1. Plenty of time to sort it, although we could do without wasting a transfer getting Nastastic back in after one week!
    retalivity wrote: »
    who's gonna start the season in goal for sunderland - mannone or westwood?

Coin toss at the minute.

Mannone played well today though and it was virtually a first 11 we played. If Mannone starts against City in the Asia Trophy final on Saturday and does okay then I think that would see him in pole position.

Westwood will probably get to the play the next game or two back on UK soil and then Di Canio will decide ahead of gameweek 1 who is number one will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sky sources: Norwich agree fee with Celtic for Gary Hooper and striker will have medical today #SSN

• Advertisement

What would people say to creating a separate league for 'season' teams? By this I mean an entirely separate FF team to your current one, where you pick a team for the season in GW1 and aren't allowed touch it for the year. No change of captain, no transfers, no subs. You literally pick it in GW1 and forget about it. GW3 and your keeper is out for the season? Touch shit!

Thinking behind it is - at one stage in Feb/March last season we worked out it was feasible for you to have had a team from GW1 and been 1st in the world. Would be a good laugh anyway, if anyone's interested post 'IN' and I'll set up a thread.

Advertisement