Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If there was a double gameweek happening, wouldn't it surely be confirmed by now? Afaik last year Chelsea's DGW was announced before the Sky TV schedule was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Just fishing for some info folks. I renewed a private league as administrator but cant find where to get the actual league code in case there are new players, is it possible to find that somewhere on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Go to the 'administer league' icon (under 'Actions' tab in 'Leagues'), then click on the 'Send Invite' tab. It will give you the code and also the ability to send invites directly to email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

roryc wrote: »
    Go to the 'administer league' icon (under 'Actions' tab in 'Leagues'), then click on the 'Send Invite' tab. It will give you the code and also the ability to send invites directly to email addresses.

Thanks Rory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is there a new app for 13/14, or will the one from last season still work? I cannot log into my 12/13 app, but I could the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

gimmick wrote: »
    Is there a new app for 13/14, or will the one from last season still work? I cannot log into my 12/13 app, but I could the other day.

Think they'll bring out a new one which you'll prob have to buy it again .

Get this one https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/fantasy-football-manager-ffm/id324266640?mt=8 it's free and there's a big update coming soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

gimmick wrote: »

fantasy football buddy still works fine, it's not an offical app but can do everything you need from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just saw that the official app is free at the minute on the App Store. Hopefully it will cover the new season too, bit pointless to make it free otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

managed to get Bale, Hazard, Walcott and Aguero into my first draft, along with Terry.

happy with that foundation for now.

i have Aspas in too for now, which is my main issue. it's him or Kone atm. i'll come back to it in a few days. i reckon it could still look very different come GW1. many transfers will go through for EPL clubs before the season starts IMO.

for one, if Rooney goes to Chelsea, there'll be some re-jigging to do!

SlickRic wrote: »
    managed to get Bale, Hazard, Walcott and Aguero into my first draft, along with Terry.

Might be similar to my current squad?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85578196&postcount=41

• Advertisement

very similar indeed.

i'm not going to bother putting my full team up until the season starts, but you've about half my squad there.

Coleman is certainly a must have, then with so many striking options, it's hard to see how too many teams will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

SlickRic wrote: »
    very similar indeed.

i'm not going to bother putting my full team up until the season starts, but you've about half my squad there.

Coleman is certainly a must have, then with so many striking options, it's hard to see how too many teams will be the same.

Do you think Kolo Toure will be first choice for us? I know Coleman could be out of position, but we've great fixtures to start the season and hopefully some clean sheets. If Toure plays i'd rather him than Coleman myself. I don't think Rodgers fancies Skrtel at all, if we don't sign another centre half i'd fancy Toure to start. Suppose we'll learn more as preseason develops.

Kolo is another great call.

i think it's quite obvious Rodgers doesn't really rate Skrtel, so Toure would be decent Liverpool cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Do you think Kolo Toure will be first choice for us? I know Coleman could be out of position, but we've great fixtures to start the season and hopefully some clean sheets. If Toure plays i'd rather him than Coleman myself. I don't think Rodgers fancies Skrtel at all, if we don't sign another centre half i'd fancy Toure to start. Suppose we'll learn more as preseason develops.

If Toure was 1st choice I would fit him in but most certainly not at the expense of Coleman. Coleman is the bargain of the game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Toure was 1st choice I would fit him in but most certainly not at the expense of Coleman. Coleman is the bargain of the game so far.
    Both are great value. However martinez's teams are very attacking I can see liverpool keeping a fair few more clean sheets than everton. Obviously coleman will get more attacking points than toure. If toure is a guaranteed starter Id slightly favour Toure.

No harm in having them both .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jax Teller wrote: »
    No harm in having them both .
    thats what I plan to do both are great value.

Anelka is starting up front with Rosenberg for WBA this evening.

Interesting - wonder if he'll get much gametime? If he starts the first couple of games and bags a goal his value should shoot up.

He has great potential - but then so did Robbie Keane last season :(

Too risky imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

roryc wrote: »

That's my current (starting) midfield too. If Bellamy's knees hold up then he will be good value IMO, potentially a big bargain at that price if Cardiff can score goals. He'll play very close to the front and takes his fair share of set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

My thoughts:

1) Coleman. Have him, great value but not convinced of hype, Everton had loads of CS last year (esp the end) which will surely not happen with Martinez. My experience is it is not worth the stress trying to predict attacking points of defenders (baines excluded :)

2) I don't like Anelka at the moment. WBA got Di Santo too, I smell a lot of rotation, remember Clarke last year?

3) For Bellamy owners, have a look at Whittingham. I think he is main set piece man including pens? Has a great goalscoring record too. I think someone said on another forum Bellamy is not nailed on, I don't know...any cardiff fans out there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hogey007 wrote: »
    fantasy football buddy still works fine, it's not an offical app but can do everything you need from it.

Buddy works well, but its got the wong jerseys on the players atm e.g. Aguero in a Norwich shirt. Hopefully theyll get it fixed soon.

Frazier Campbell could be one to look at in the £5.5m striker range. 7 goals in his 12 games for Cardiff after they signed him in Feb. I'm guessing he'll play up front with Cornelius? Another new signing at £5.5m, but hasn't actually played a game for Cardiff yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

City have signed Jovetic, Dzeko not that appealing in front three anymore.

Buddy works well, but its got the wong jerseys on the players atm e.g. Aguero in a Norwich shirt. Hopefully theyll get it fixed soon.

yeah and RVP in a qpr shirt....had me worried for a minute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »

Can you get it for iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Benteke has signed a contract extension now until 2017, so there goes his possible Spurs move.

Reina off to Napoli on loan for the year . Good for all of us ,No need to worry who'll play now .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Reina off to Napoli on loan for the year . Good for all of us ,No need to worry who'll play now .

It's annoying because toure is great value at 5m. Toure + Szcesney costs 10.5m. Mignolet + Mertesacker costs 11m. I may plump for the former.

• Advertisement

given their early season fixtures i may double up on mignolet & toure if toure looks set to be first choice which i think he will be.

Advertisement