Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think the general consensus seems to be a change if some sorts, problem now is finding one everyone's ok with...

I think the idea of lime green is nice.

I'll email Carvalho tomorrow and get a price list and lead time from them tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in if theres a different colour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Among the degen's who frequent here there must be somebody that can do up a selection of choices my vote by the way is for a Pink background with white writing and black shadow

and I am in if its a different colour not that I don't love my current one but it will be nice to guffaw in a look at the blowin's sort of way at the noobs in the new jersey's

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

and I am in if its a different colour not that I don't love my current one but it will be nice to guffaw in a look at the blowin's sort of way at the noobs in the new jersey's

i just want to be that guy who wear the pink stripe shorts and the orange* stripe shirt and affront your fashion sensibilities just because I can

* - or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

I'll definitely be taking a jersey, would like a long sleeve but if there's less than ten going for them I'll just take a short sleeve instead! I'll stick my size down on the chart once I figure out my size.....6"4' beanpole, so not sure what to take!

Yeah the size charts are the ones for the Velotec kit, but I'll get on to Carvalho as apparently they're better, but a little bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Mine for one. I got a L/S jersey the last time, I'll never buy anything from Velotect again. The quality and feel are terrible and the fit is also crap, sleeves are way too loose at the ends as is the waist. It now sits at the bottom of the drawer unloved and unused.

I'd be interested in a jersey & maybe shorts but only if it's from Cofides / Carvalho

+1. I have the cofidis and velotec ones. The velotec jersey is poor in comparison. I wouldn't be keen to get anything made by them again.

Of course if someone changes a colour I'm going to have to get one no matter who makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭nilhg

Mine for one. I got a L/S jersey the last time, I'll never buy anything from Velotect again. The quality and feel are terrible and the fit is also crap, sleeves are way too loose at the ends as is the waist. It now sits at the bottom of the drawer unloved and unused.

I'd be interested in a jersey & maybe shorts but only if it's from Cofides / Carvalho

Pink is awesome but other colours would be pretty cool too, as long as they are just as out there, lime green or bright orange or similar.

I got the L/S last time as well and TBH it's fine (once I lost a couple of kg and could fit into it;)), no complaints here. Sizing is the usual with gear imported from the continent you need to go up at least one, I'm 6'1 weigh about 87kg and the XL is snug on me.

Has anyone got a contact for Carvalho? The missus will be delighted in doing this, sitting here in a pub in Tipperary, what else is there to do? ;)

• Advertisement

i just want to be that guy who wear the pink stripe shorts and the orange* stripe shirt and affront your fashion sensibilities just because I can

* - or whatever

I will let Raam deal with this

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

I would also be interested in bib shorts and s/s jersey but if it is ok I'll wait until its decided on the manufacturer so I can check sizes before I commit

Right, I've emailed Carvahlo and will update when they reply tomorrow hopefully.

At the moment the plan is to go with Carvahlo as it seems that people prefer the quality of the gear. I'll know about pricing soon, as far as I'm aware they were about a tenner more expensive than Velotec on most items.

Same design but with a colour change, which is open to debate/suggestions.

My idea would be replace the pink sections with black, and the current base which is black would be lime green.

Derealbadger has suggested swapping the black with the pink on the current design, so a pink base with black stripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Would be interested in getting shorts and a jersey

Love the lime green idea also....DO IT :-)

I'd appreciate if anyone's interested would stick their name in the spreadsheet linked in the OP, just so we can get an idea for numbers. Nothing's concrete yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Just to add to the Cofides vs velotect.

I have both and find the Cofides better. Fit is more comfortable for in the Cofides gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Adding my order I think I've wiped out everyone's names in column A

:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Adding my order I think I've wiped out everyone's names in column A

:o:o:o

Try doing an undo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

stetyrrell wrote: »
    My idea would be replace the pink sections with black, and the current base which is black would be lime green.

Derealbadger has suggested swapping the black with the pink on the current design, so a pink base with black stripe.

I'll add a third which is to just replace the pink with other colour, leaving the black and white as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Try doing an undo

No undo.

Sorry guys, I'm mortified. ( I blame the iPad and fat fingers :o )

Can everyone re enter their usernames please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No undo.

No sweat! Re-added my name.

(I'm the small one)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

nilhg wrote: »
    I got the L/S last time as well and TBH it's fine (once I lost a couple of kg and could fit into it;)), no complaints here. Sizing is the usual with gear imported from the continent you need to go up at least one, I'm 6'1 weigh about 87kg and the XL is snug on me.

so you would recommend the XL nilhg? I'm 6', 89kg. Just want to make sure before I put my money where my mouth is.

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ill put my name down for a jersey.
    Color ideas?
    Orange and black?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Interested depending on which company you use and pricing. 185cm/80kg trying to decide between M and L - anyone any thoughts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

g0g wrote: »
    Interested depending on which company you use and pricing. 185cm/80kg trying to decide between M and L - anyone any thoughts?

I'm 186cm 85kg and find L in Cofides a good fit. Also have a large Velotec which feels a bit loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Among the degen's who frequent here there must be somebody that can do up a selection of choices my vote by the way is for a Pink background with white writing and black shadow

I like the original jerseys (but then I'm biased :) )

That's what I do to the folks in the pink one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Restored everyone from revision history. File>See revision history ;)

No undo.

On an unrelated note, Lime green replacement for black would be good, (already have a pink jersey) shorts remain black with lime green replacing pink band, I'm out if shorts are lime green, I have some consideration for other road users

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Would be keen on the SS jersey and bib shorts. Added my name to the spreadsheet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have added my name to the spreadsheet for a jersey, but, and apologies for being fussy, it's only if we go with carvalho, and most impirtantly the pink is removed, i'm in favour of the lime green option or the blue

no bother if you decide to go with current design/supplier, i'll just take my name off the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

You deliver to Australia right ?

Im all for changing the colour too

Advertisement