Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey - Order closed - *Payments due by 3 September*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Almost 3 months to the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

wobbles wrote: »
    Great Job Steve.

Take a good long break now before you start the next order :P

Maybe give paypal some grief for all the **** they put you through

I genuinely thought about just going on some mad rant at the lad who rang me to tell me, and just going mental saying it was disgraceful etc.

But in the end I was just so sick and tired of it, and so happy that it was finally over I think I even said thank you :rolleyes:

Almost 3 months to the day!

That's mental, it feels like years.

This order has taken years off my life, I feel like I'm an old man now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    That's mental, it feels like years.

This order project has taken years off my life, I feel like I'm an old man now.

Sounds like you've started your IT career already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There seems to be some interest in people starting up a new order for kit, so I figured we may as well start a thread and see if we can get an order going

Sounds so innocent now - little did you know what was ahead of you! :eek:

Well done Stephen. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Picked up my gear of Ste last week, an absolute gentleman and very modest about what he's achieved here.

I don't get out as much as I'd like with soccer but needless to say when I do I'll be rocking the lime and black.

Thank again!

Right lads, so it turns out that the supplier will be putting an order in for a couple of bits that were missing from the order, if you want anything ordered you can pm him on here under the username marcofan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Right lads, so it turns out that the supplier will be putting an order in for a couple of bits that were missing from the order, if you want anything ordered you can pm him on here under the username marcofan.

Arm and leg warmers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Did anyone buy a Gillet and what were they like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Soarer

Steve.

Just to let you know I got my jersey this morning. The buddy brought it down from the Dublin office this morning. God only knows how long it was up there for him!

Mucho gracias!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

shaka wrote: »
    I bought one but haven't worn it out yet - planning to in the morning so I can let you know then.

Wore the long sleeve jersey this evening, on its own, definitely warm - wasn't quite cold enough for it today (then again I sweat at the mere mention of a cycle). Lovely and comfortable though.

Have to say a huge thanks to Stephen for doing this order - absolutely delighted with the gear and got a real kick donning it for the commute home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Tempted to order a few more bits :).

Great effort getting this sorted. Now can we hide this thread so that when someone else has the idea of doing an order they don't find this one and run a mile!

shaka wrote: »
    Wore it with a long sleeve marino base layer this morning. Seems to be water resistant so didn't find the light rain coming through - worth rechecking that though if you'd depend on that. It has a high soft fleece lined neck which is comfortable. Felt that it kept me just right temperature wise. Sizing was good; I'm a 44 in a suit jacket so went XL and found the fitting relaxed. The bottom of it seemed to ride up a little but that may be down to the very 'new' feel of the material. I'm thinking when it wears in a little that it'll sit better. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

ciotog wrote: »
    Wore it with a long sleeve marino base layer this morning. Seems to be water resistant so didn't find the light rain coming through - worth rechecking that though if you'd depend on that. It has a high soft fleece lined neck which is comfortable. Felt that it kept me just right temperature wise. Sizing was good; I'm a 44 in a suit jacket so went XL and found the fitting relaxed. The bottom of it seemed to ride up a little but that may be down to the very 'new' feel of the material. I'm thinking when it wears in a little that it'll sit better. HTH

Any pics of the gillet?

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Any pics of the gillet?

It's just the jersey minus sleeves.

The material is more akin to a lighter version of the jacket.

Finally got around to collecting. Thanks to Seamus and Rogue Trooper.

Cheers Ste - well done.

ror_74 wrote: »
    Finally got around to collecting. Thanks to Seamus and Rogue Trooper.

Cheers Ste - well done.

Happy days, you gave me a mini heart-attack when you said seamus didn't have your order :pac:

Happy days, you gave me a mini heart-attack when you said seamus didn't have your order :pac:

A clerical error, shouldn't have mentioned it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It only occurred to me today that meeting people on the side of the road with flour-bag-sized white packages with things like "Officer Giggles" written on them, could look very bad in the wrong light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Picked up my gear last week, so thanks to Ste and Seamus.
    Had put off wearing it, as I didn't want it's first outing to be in the rain, but this morning thought "to hell with it".
    Proper comfy gear. Well done and thank you for all the hard work.
    Robert

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

Hi All

there is a small additional order being placed next Monday morning as a number of people have indicated they would like some extra kit.

Please send me a PM by Sunday evening if you want to be included, prices are as below please add €4 for postage.

Any Questions just give me a shout

john

SS jerseys: €46
    LS warm jerseys: €56
    Bib shorts: €52
    Wind jackets: €80
    Gilets: €58

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

seamus wrote: »
    It only occurred to me today that meeting people on the side of the road with flour-bag-sized white packages with things like "Officer Giggles" written on them, could look very bad in the wrong light.

Can't you see the Mail headlines now, "on-line cycling group a front for distribution of "gear", our candid photos show roadside exchanges, did they kidnap Maddie?"

Sure nobody batted an eyelid down here anyways, but I'm sure seamus had great fun trying to explain it to his co-workers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

seamus wrote: »
    Sure nobody batted an eyelid down here anyways, but I'm sure seamus had great fun trying to explain it to his co-workers :pac:

The receptionist in our building is convinced I'm a drug dealer at this stage what with all these strangely-clad man with funny code-names coming in to collect suspicious packages from me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lads any photos of the LS warm jersey, wind jackets or the gilets? I think I might go for the second order. They look better than I thought

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

godtabh wrote: »
    Lads any photos of the LS warm jersey, wind jackets or the gilets? I think I might go for the second order. They look better than I thought
    Can I just check also, I ordered a winter jacket, and what I got is very lightweight, like a wind cheater. (I have no problem with that by the way) I just wondered if there is a heavier fleece option available?

Oryx wrote: »
    Can I just check also, I ordered a winter jacket, and what I got is very lightweight, like a wind cheater. (I have no problem with that by the way) I just wondered if there is a heavier fleece option available?

Yeah we went through this when we were putting in the order and people decided against getting the winter jacket because it was nearly 30 euro dearer and it would be better to just wear a baselayer.

How's everyone getting on with the stuff so far? Worse/better than the Cofidis/Velotec jerseys?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Definitely better than cofidis/carvalho, in pretty much every way. Never seen the velotec ones so don't know, but I'm not sure they were much better than the cofidis.

Advertisement