Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its live - Squad selection discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

do u know what formation everton played and what position mirallas started in
    From reading this it looks like 4231 .

Coleman also got an assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

3-5-2

Robles
    Hibbert Jagielka Distin
    Gibson Oviedo Mirallas Naismith Osman
    Anichebe Mirallas

As an Everton fan Mirallas is a steal this year. Will get plenty of goals plus assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    3-5-2

As an Everton fan Mirallas is a steal this year. Will get plenty of goals plus assists.

Totally! As long as he stays fit, but he finished last season in great shape.

His ownership will be high from users of this forum I would think!

As an aside, Jay Rodriguez got 2 last night and had another disallowed. Remember how he finished last year, he was outstanding. @6m he is 1.5m cheaper than Lambert. As much as I loved Rickie last year, I think I might start with Jay this year:)

Southampton's fixtures good at the start too (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

How do I upload a picture of my team?

3-5-2

Robles
    Hibbert Jagielka Distin
    Gibson Oviedo Mirallas Naismith Osman
    Anichebe Mirallas

Did you watch the game ?

From reading that article above i would have assumed they lined up something like this in the first half

Robles
    Hibbert Jagielka Distin Oviedo
    Osman Gibson
    Naismith Fellaini Mirallas
    Anichebe

Then like this in second half

Robles
    Coleman Jagielka Alcaraz Baines
    Osman Junior
    Gueye Fellaini Pienaar
    Vellios

Even this place has them lined up as 4231

• Advertisement

Jax Teller wrote: »
    From reading this it looks like 4231 .

Coleman also got an assist.

Even if Miralles starts as part of 3 behind central striker, it does not matter much! He will certainly not be going deep which happens with fellaini and pienaar. His main position will be off Kone/Jelly/Anichebe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Everton played a 4-2-3-1 formation with Fellaini beside Gibson as the two DM's.

moreau wrote: »
    Totally! As long as he stays fit, but he finished last season in great shape.

His ownership will be high from users of this forum I would think!

As an aside, Jay Rodriguez got 2 last night and had another disallowed. Remember how he finished last year, he was outstanding. @6m he is 1.5m cheaper than Lambert. As much as I loved Rickie last year, I think I might start with Jay this year:)

Southampton's fixtures good at the start too (I think)

Agree, torn between him a Wolfie from Norwich.

Southampton start with West Brom(A) Sunderland(H) Wk3 play eachother
    Norwich start - Everton(H) Hull (A) play each other

Only issue is will Van Wolfie start for Norwich ??

Southampton start with West Brom(A) Sunderland(H) Wk3 play eachother
    Norwich start - Everton(H) Hull (A) play each other

Only issue is will Van Wolfie start for Norwich ??
    Of course he'll start ,their only other option is Luciano Becchio who's rubbish .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Just download a free screen capture program and take a photo of the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Google 'gyazo'. Once you have this downloaded just follow the simple instructions to get a screengrab of your team.

Yeah Wolfy is really tempting looking at his record.

I am slightly put off by the fact that he is new to PL, a lot of quality new foreign signings can struggle to adapt to it!

Great options for mid range strikers again this year, Kone,Berba,Rickie,Wolfy.

I would have Jay Jay Rodrig of similar standing to those and 1/1.5 million can go elsewhere in my team

Look at Jelavic with Everton , if he gets a goal or two in the 1st few games he could get loads.

Look at Jelavic with Everton , if he gets a goal or two in the 1st few games he could get loads.

Surely Kone will be #1? Martinez got him as he is a great man to hold up the ball and lay off to feet, and this suits Martinez style of play.

Jelly was v poor last year, I could see him leaving Everton in near future to be honest

No no I think you misunderstood. You were making reference to Wolfie and 1st season in PL. and I said look at Jelavic's 1st season at Everton. Got a good start and continued all season.
    Couldn't hit water if he fell of a boat last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

do u know what formation everton played and what position mirallas started in

i see this has since been replied to, but i didn't know the answer, i just seen the goals on sky sports news this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

**** me I need to do some work, FPL sucking up my time. Have an idea of a first draft. I finished pretty high up last year and have won my work league two years running. Half thinking of finishing on a high and packing it in, but then I got to picking a team and I'm hooked again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

At the moment, I am going with something like this, not too sure if I am happy with my strikers though!

b3vs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

What price do people reckon Negredo will be? Surely not mroe than the 11m Aguero is. 10.5-11m could be a steal for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mectavba wrote: »
    What price do people reckon Negredo will be? Surely not mroe than the 11m Aguero is. 10.5-11m could be a steal for him.

10 or 10.5 I reckon. Someone to strongly consider putting in, he could be a revelation if he hits the ground running.

• Advertisement

mectavba wrote: »
    I'm hoping for less than 10m .

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

He would be an absolute steal at less than 10. He's an out-and-out striker, so i think his arrival could see Aguero operating in deeper/wider areas and lessen his appeal. With Navas in there too, City could score a lot of goals this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sturridge at 9m anyone? Aguero at 11m with Negredo coming in?

Bit worried about Sturridge been fit for the start of the season, if he is, I would have to stick him in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Sturridge at 9m anyone? Aguero at 11m with Negredo coming in?

Is Sturridge fit though?

Still on the treatment table, so no proper pre-season for him and with only a month to go.
    Anything could happen with Suarez at this stage, if he does end up leaving and Sturridge is not fit and ready, Aspas could be a good shout for the start of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

tony1980 wrote: »
    Still on the treatment table, so no proper pre-season for him and with only a month to go.
    Anything could happen with Suarez at this stage, if he does end up leaving and Sturridge is not fit and ready, Aspas could be a good shout for the start of the season!

I have a lot of reservations over Aspas as an out and out goal-scorer plus he still has to contend with Borini who actually played quite well in the last few games in Sturridge's shadow.

I Watched the friendly Liverpool had against Preston and Borini made some great runs but his finishing is still letting him down. I thought Aspas was far more impressive in that game.
    The next few friendly games will be interesting to see how they get on. Apparentley, Jordan Ibe has been massively impressive in training for them, they had an 11 v 11 in training where both he and Aspas scored in a 1-1 draw. Its only a training match but he did play well in the match against Preston and managed to score too. I know he probably won't feature hugely for them this year but Rodgers seems to be of the opinion, If you are good enough, you are old enough, so you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

tony1980 wrote: »
    I Watched the friendly Liverpool had against Preston and Borini made some great runs but his finishing is still letting him down. I thought Aspas was far more impressive in that game.
    The next few friendly games will be interesting to see how they get on. Apparentley, Jordan Ibe has been massively impressive in training for them, they had an 11 v 11 in training where both he and Aspas scored in a 1-1 draw. Its only a training match but he did play well in the match against Preston and managed to score too. I know he probably won't feature hugely for them this year but Rodgers seems to be of the opinion, If you are good enough, you are old enough, so you never know!

What do you think the starting Liverpool back-4 will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What do you think the starting Liverpool back-4 will be?
    johnson agger toure enrique
    as things stand.

Advertisement