Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its live - Squad selection discussion

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

So glad Sturridge was one of the first on my team sheet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Weimann will play both games and has a fair chance of scoring/assisting. Tonev playing behind the front 3 as well could be handy for an assist or two.

I've 6 dgw players and tonev is on the bench for villa!!!! Schniederlin is my first sub but tonev could come on later or play against Chelsea mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

manual_man wrote: »
    i was thinking Joe Cole could be a sneaky punt for 5.5. he seems to have re-found some form and is on set pieces too

This guy right here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

so turns out i wasn't in a position to gamble on ravel morrison after all, i thought i'd get by for a couple of weeks if he wasn't playing. but here goes

so far
    koscielny banned for gw2
    cuellar not playing
    morrison not playing
    need to get rid of a couple from hazard, oscar and terry before gw3.

might just hang onto koscielny, he'll only be banned for 1 match i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    so turns out i wasn't in a position to gamble on ravel morrison after all, i thought i'd get by for a couple of weeks if he wasn't playing. but here goes

so far
    koscielny banned for gw2
    cuellar not playing
    morrison not playing
    need to get rid of a couple from hazard, oscar and terry before gw3.

might just hang onto koscielny, he'll only be banned for 1 match i think.

I have similar problems but surely Koscielny will drop in price which is a big problem at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I have similar problems but surely Koscielny will drop in price which is a big problem at this stage?

yeah i might look at a 4 point hit actually and bring in coleman and toure for koscielny and terry.
    don't like taking hits but don't want to let my team get too badly out of shape.

my planned transfer of oscar to mirallas has gone flying out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

24 points from 5 players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

34 from 5 for me.

Mignolet

Baines Coleman Cole

Valencia Kagawa Coutinho Hazard

Lambert Anelka Lukaku

Boruc
    Mertesacker
    Garrido
    Anderson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Should have a better GW2. Walcott/Hazard need to step up!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mckenzie84

46 points after today and I still have 3 chelsea lads for wednesday night, so not a bad first week at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

mckenzie84 wrote: »
    46 points after today and I still have 3 chelsea lads for wednesday night, so not a bad first week at all.

I got 45 points, have dzeko and 3 chelsea to play (hazard captain), but I think its a bad score going by the standards set on here and what I was expecting to be honest,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

skippy15 wrote: »
    I got 45 points, have dzeko and 3 chelsea to play (hazard captain), but I think its a bad score going by the standards set on here and what I was expecting to be honest,

I have 33 points with same as you above. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

38 points so far from 8 players, bit disappointed with that. I thought Lampard wouldn't start yesterday due to lack of pre-season match time, Hazard would have had the penalty only for that! I was a bit surprised Lukaku didn't start, I thought Torres was poor so I am hoping Lukaku starts on Wednesday. I still have 3 Chelsea, 3 Villa and 3 City Players to play though, so I am hoping that will save me from having a very poor start!

tony1980 wrote: »
    38 points so far from 8 players, bit disappointed with that. I thought Lampard wouldn't start yesterday due to lack of pre-season match time, Hazard would have had the penalty only for that! I was a bit surprised Lukaku didn't start, I thought Torres was poor so I am hoping Lukaku starts on Wednesday. I still have 3 Chelsea, 3 Villa and 3 City Players to play though, so I am hoping that will save me from having a very poor start!

I think Ba might start.

Could be holding onto Lukaku for Man United.. After the performance he put on against them on the last game of the season I wouldn't be surprised..

Danger781 wrote: »
    I think Ba might start.

Could be holding onto Lukaku for Man United.. After the performance he put on against them on the last game of the season I wouldn't be surprised..

I think we could have another Man City situation here, I think I might switch to Welbeck, and keep Sturridge and Benteke. Do ye think Welbeck will be a starter for Man U each week or would you be better off with someone safe like Lambert?

tony1980 wrote: »
    I think we could have another Man City situation here, I think I might switch to Welbeck, and keep Sturridge and Benteke. Do ye think Welbeck will be a starter for Man U each week or would you be better off with someone safe like Lambert?

Welbeck is fourth choice on the front line.

RVP, Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck

Welbeck fills in on the wing once in a while, or behind the striker. But on the front line he is fourth choice. However... I think he will start against Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I made a last day decision to transfer out Nolan (11) & Mignolet (15). My original plan was to keep Miralles (2) on the bench. That would have worked out quite nicely.

Not a disaster as I have Coleman, Soldado, Ivanovic, Toure, Szczesny, Ivanovic but could have had a blinding start. Sitting on 56 so far, with 3 DGWers left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Which is better;

A; Mignolet, Shaw, Collins with .5 in the bank to interchange Silva and Hazard depending on favourable fixtures

Or

B; Boruc, Mert, Toure with none in the bank.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 The Colour Of Money

Micah Richards likely to start later?

Micah Richards likely to start later?

No. Zabaleta is first choice I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Danger781 wrote: »
    No. Zabaleta is first choice I believe.

Could be at centre-back with Nastasic missing. I think Lescott is probably more likely though.

Could be at centre-back with Nastasic missing. I think Lescott is probably more likely though.

Only reason Lescott lost his spot in the first place was because Nastasic found some good form, so Lescott got dropped to accomodate.

My money is on Lescott anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Scotty Parker joins Fulham. Only 4.5m, probably worth keeping an eye. Capable of grabing the odd goal, so could be good value depending on where exactly he is played. I'd imagine he'd be first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Scotty Parker joins Fulham. Only 4.5m, probably worth keeping an eye. Capable of grabing the odd goal, so could be good value depending on where exactly he is played. I'd imagine he'd be first choice?

I don't think he's been very good in the last year or so but @4.5 in Fulham's midfield could be a fantastic option as the 5th mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

A career total of 30 goals. Didn't score for Spurs in 2 seasons. Regular yellow card getter. Not a good option, and IMO he's not even guaranteed a regular position. He was dire at Spurs in his last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

THFC wrote: »
    A career total of 30 goals. Didn't score for Spurs in 2 seasons. Regular yellow card getter. Not a good option, and IMO he's not even guaranteed a regular position. He was dire at Spurs in his last year.

Yeah for some reason, in my mind he had scored a lot more goals! Looked up his stats there, and you're right, not as impressive as in my mind.

What stuck in my mind was one particular season for West Ham, before he moved to Spurs, when he was really good. But even then he only scored 5 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭basillarkin

No assist for Dzeko, they were giving those last season

Lovely, have Silva and Yaya Toure who have 1 each now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Finished on 72 this week. Had a few non-players. Need to drop Morrison (Maybe for Parker just because he will play and get 2 pts) and may dump Hazard for Michu. We'll see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement