Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Vegeta wrote: »
    Anyone see winning streak on Saturday night??

I'm scarleh for you :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hand cramps from hoovering and mopping rubber. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Why??
    I'm scarleh for you :p

Weightlifting Ireland were on it, getting sponsored I think. They said they were in the University of Limerick and thought I saw someone who used to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Hanley wrote: »
    Hand cramps from hoovering and mopping rubber. FML.

Hate that.... Ya need to get someone in to do that stuff just to save your hands for liftin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Vegeta wrote: »
    Weightlifting Ireland were on it, getting sponsored I think. They said they were in the University of Limerick and thought I saw someone who used to post here.

There was a small piece on weightlifting and Weightlifting Ireland shot in UL. Some of the lottery money goes to the Sports Council which funds sports in Ireland so they show these sports sometimes.

Link http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10230911/#pos=2315

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just finished my first batch of home made oat cookies. Made with oats, banana, almonds (chopped and ground), vanilla whey and Dr Oetker dark choc chips. They're amazing.

I can feel my vocabulary diminishing and fur turning blue as we speak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Can anyone tell me where I could buy a t-shirt frame in Dublin? Something I can use to mount a tee myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Can anyone tell me where I could buy a t-shirt frame in Dublin? Something I can use to mount a tee myself.

I feel like you are overdescribing a simple household hanger.

Framewise on the Crumlin Rd (they're just beyond the Iveagh Grounds) or The Frame Factory in Baldoyyle Industrial Estate.

You're looking at a ton for one anyway. Maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

The amount of money these lads must be making from all of this is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Was in butcher on moore sreet in dub city centre today, not fx smaller one across from lidel prerty much, they have a "protien deal"
    25 chicken filets
    2 lbs lean steak mince
    4sirlion steaks
    4 turkey breasts steaks
    20 eggs

all for 49.99 , seems decent if you were willing to freeze meat and have meals planned in advance.

Was just cooking chicken there, putting 5 chicken fillets in a backing tray into oven, tray slipt out of my hand lost 3 to the floor! absolutely raging! Broke till thursday so ill be lacking some protein this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Was just cooking chicken there, putting 5 chicken fillets in a backing tray into oven, tray slipt out of my hand lost 3 to the floor! absolutely raging! Broke till thursday so ill be lacking some protein this week!

5 second rule man.

Give them a quick rinse under the tap...

Ant11 wrote: »
    5 second rule man.
    Couldn't do it, floor is in too much of a need of a sweep / mop!

In hindsight i should have maybe just washed them, in bin now though!

I never thought I'd quote John Waters but...I'm crying as I write this.

Rookie error, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They'd have been grand if you washed them - cooked properly and any bacteria they'd have picked up is likely killed.

What's a good hamstring stretch? I've been using the doorway stretch for a while now and I don't feel like I'm getting too much out of it. Any (better) alternatives? Also, adductors... mine are tight as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

gvn wrote: »
    What's a good hamstring stretch? I've been using the doorway stretch for a while now and I don't feel like I'm getting too much out of it. Any (better) alternatives? Also, adductors... mine are tight as hell.

I like this one but prefer people to keep the chin tucked 2 x 60secs 4 times a week will work wonders. I also like to throw in some active flexibility work too.

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

gvn wrote: »

Lie on your back, one leg flat out, the other straight and pulled back. Use a towel or something to help you get a better stretch.

I like this one but prefer people to keep the chin tucked 2 x 60secs 4 times a week will work wonders. I also like to throw in some active flexibility work too.

hqdefault.jpg

Looks like a great one. Thanks, Emmet. I've been doing something sort of similar using dumbbells but I never thought of using a bench like that.
    Lie on your back, one leg flat out, the other straight and pulled back. Use a towel or something to help you get a better stretch.

Been doing that too, only instead of a towel I use a band.

I think my problem is I only stretch them once every week or two... so consistency is lacking. Time to make it a habit.

Bit of dynamic stretching first always helps. So I found anyway. God be with the days I had the flexibility I had when I was younger and training at taekwondo more regularly.

If you're not flexible enough for a bench using a plyo box and a light barbell is an option, 20kg is about the max you want to use here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

If you're not flexible enough for a bench using a plyo box and a light barbell is an option, 20kg is about the max you want to use here

So you use the weight the pull you down instead of pulling towards your body instead?

Yeah that's the idea, just let the weight pull you down. Its a big stretch on the posterior fascia so you can feel the stretch anywhere along the back of the body. A lot of people will feel in concentrated at the top of the calves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Essien wrote: »
    Just finished my first batch of home made oat cookies. Made with oats, banana, almonds (chopped and ground), vanilla whey and Dr Oetker dark choc chips. They're amazing.

I can feel my vocabulary diminishing and fur turning blue as we speak.
    Are they not gone rubbery? Last time I put whey in cookies they went rubbery the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Squats after front squats and SLDLs = serious back pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

bluewolf wrote: »
    Are they not gone rubbery? Last time I put whey in cookies they went rubbery the next day

They didn't survive a whole day.

Though I'd say the last one I had last night was heading that way, so yeah, that could happen I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

My flipboard app is set up to collate a load of different health and fitness articles and pieces and I came across a doozy this morning.

It was a mens health article proclaiming the "ten food tricks you dont know" or some other such summarised misunderstanding of science bull**** they spout.

Anyway!

One of the points was about "Scared Vegetables".

The logic was that tearing and ripping your veg before you eat it makes the "still alive" vegetable release more antioxidants as "it thinks it is being attacked and releases these to fight off predators".

Despite all the glaring suspicions Id have with such a snippet, the main thing I gleaned from this article was that obviously Mens Health has never heard of teeth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement