Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's your game!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

david-k wrote: »
    Oh how did we ever manage without smilies? Astounds one!.
    I do still feel sorry for your playing partners having to put up with your rubbish golf.

I'll pass on your sympathy during our midweek round!

;););):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    I'll pass on your sympathy during our midweek round!

;););):)
    Do that thanks, and make sure you apologise again for yourself, otherwise they mightn't play with you again;):P.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,769 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

david-k wrote: »
    Do that thanks, and make sure you apologise again for yourself, otherwise they mightn't play with you again;):P.

I'd say you have a game on your own coming up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

conno might be looking for a game. At least he's good at it, he over-rates himself as a golfer though.

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    conno might be looking for a game. At least he's good at it, he over-rates himself as a golfer though.

I love Conno, not following the ins and outs of here as much.

Is he around ?

"no respect for you if you dont play prov1xs", legend.

• Advertisement

Is he around ?

He of the, and I quote

"no, all parts - driver to lob wedge
    except putting - i'm still sinking everything within 20 feet about 90% of the time (which is acceptable as far as i'm concerned)" fame? here

Haven't seen him in a bit that I know of, funny as hell.

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    He of the, and I quote

"no, all parts - driver to lob wedge
    except putting - i'm still sinking everything within 20 feet about 90% of the time (which is acceptable as far as i'm concerned)" fame? here

Haven't seen him in a bit that I know of, funny as hell.

He is a ****ing legend. Like should have a blog in golf world .

Remember the 126, it would be mentioned every time. lol.

was he Greeboed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

I'd say you have a game on your own coming up. :)

You'd be well used to that ;)

He is a ****ing legend. Like should have a blog in golf world .

Remember the 126, it would be mentioned every time. lol.

was he Greeboed.

Not too sure tbh.

Reading that, as good as Ross O'Carrol Kelly.

"In full Poulter"
    "Considered going off with Sunstroke"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Is he around ?

Closed his account unfortunately. One of the great golf forum posters.....

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Closed his account unfortunately. One of the great golf forum posters.....

yes but , may have seen him back , or maybe that was Decco.

He must come back. He was a troll , but good trolls are needed.
    Sorry off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Back on topic please.

Out today and had an 82, was windy so was happy. Wasn't great coming home, but tough.

Have been plagued with injuries, spent more time at physio than golf practice. Used the time out from full golf to practice putting. The putting has been awful for 6 months now. So was a useful exercise.

so only 2nd full game in 5/6 weeks. Out in 38 and had a real good chance of a good score but 44 home.

So a good day at the office, body a bit tired after. So, not match fit, if there is such a thing - I think most golfers know what I mean.

So many positives, striking irons very strong, even the odd draw and fade in wind, driving improved, putting a little better (36 putts), more work on all short game.

And then it was winter, sadly a bit of a missed summer of golf. Anyway , course back to the winter golfers soon. The sensible lads still in shorts, will be back in hibernation soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Played in fourball match today, just against another society so more of a laugh than anything. We were coasting at 4up with 5 to play and the match went down 18 but we won...I had a shocking day off the tee, lost an awful lot of balls! Iron play was solid when I got the ball in play!

Won golfer of the year in friends golf society.

Had my best round in years in a gale in woodenbridge. Played % golf , thanks to listening to lads on here, GreeBo in particular. So thanks man.

81, only used driver twice, hit 7 and 8 irons off tees when wind was with me. Best irons ive struck in years, cant put my finger on it. I think because I had a club in my hand that would not go into trouble , I hit them even better. :)

Sorry lads, just made up to have had a bit of a return to form. I'm buzzing after a very bad sequence of golfing woes.

Putting a little better, but short game needs plenty of work. Strange thing is, I dont practice long stuff, just short stuff now.

Do you know what, it bloody works (lol)

Had one of the strangest rounds in my life yesterday playing Dromoland with some fellow boardsies(Keano,Kiers & A Post Punk) yesterday, tried a mixture of my normal golf and "Greebo" golf with mixed results.

Course was class but a tough test in yesterdays wind, lost two balls that looked like perfect drives off the tee, finished with 31pts which included 9:eek: penalty strokes!!

Need to improve distance control, tempo and putting if I am going to push on.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Friday

37 pts of 14.
    Round included 4 birdies (3 in the last 5 holes). Had two eagle putts which left tap in birdies. 3 double bogeys 8-10 when playing into the breeze.

Saturday

Thunder and Lightening started on the back nine, was +11 after 16 and was GIR on the 17th before the marshall closed the course. With the par 5 18th to play i could have been looking at a gross 83 and 39 points off 14.

Sunday

35 pts of 14. 1 birdie but 4 three putts! :mad:

So have been doing a clearout over the past number of nights and found some scorecards from the first rounds of golf I played approx 4-5years ago, the scores ranged from 135-180 strokes, thats right "One Hundred and Eighty":eek:.

I guess the reason I am posting this is we are constantly unhappy about the lack of progress we are making but I am now shooting between 90-100 pretty consistently so thats an improvement of almost 40 strokes at least over that time. Proud as punch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

ssbob wrote: »
    So have been doing a clearout over the past number of nights and found some scorecards from the first rounds of golf I played approx 4-5years ago, the scores ranged from 135-180 strokes, thats right "One Hundred and Eighty":eek:.

I guess the reason I am posting this is we are constantly unhappy about the lack of progress we are making but I am now shooting between 90-100 pretty consistently so thats an improvement of almost 40 strokes at least over that time. Proud as punch:D

I hope there was an empty course behind you !! :D

• Advertisement

alxmorgan wrote: »
    I hope there was an empty course behind you !! :D

I guess I played to the letter of the law.

Another thought I had was that I played "Greebo Golf" all around and just used my putter:D

@ ssbob

Great stuff to improve that Much.
    Only thing , are you sure that card you were looking at , was not from Darts after with the lads.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I officially hate my driver and teeing off! It's my Achilles heel and soul destroying having no confidence off the tee box...use a 3W that's fine but when that goes belly up I'm really in trouble!

Good form in wind, very odd.

4 over for 11 , but had to pick kids up.

Hopefully I dont think about it too much. Mental side has improved, all parts improved. Short stuff still weak. But good signs as only had 17 putts in 11 holes.

All good signs. Playing as much as I can.

I love the kids and all that, but school rocks for Dads golf.

I love the kids and all that, but school rocks for Dads golf.

Pity this dad works 8 to 5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tobyjensen

When I want to improve a particular shot I spend a bit of time on the range. Problem is that I end up hitting a few of my clubs several times and can wear them out in just a day or two. My 3-wood on my last set looked like a sand pit from all the dings and stars on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

My game is really strange at the moment. Think its down to mental things. Striking my irons really well but can't seem to align myself correctly. Changed my setup and take away, distance has increased with irons and tempo is much better, just can't hit the dance floor.
    Short game needs alot of work, putting not too bad but chipping is poor. Technique is ok, just the choice is all wrong. Will chip and pitch using LW to 7ir, just think I'm not selecting the right shot or club at the right time. Well if I increased the GIR it would take the pressure off the chipping>

Ben1977 wrote: »
    My game is really strange at the moment. Think its down to mental things. Striking my irons really well but can't seem to align myself correctly. Changed my setup and take away, distance has increased with irons and tempo is much better, just can't hit the dance floor.
    Short game needs alot of work, putting not too bad but chipping is poor. Technique is ok, just the choice is all wrong. Will chip and pitch using LW to 7ir, just think I'm not selecting the right shot or club at the right time. Well if I increased the GIR it would take the pressure off the chipping>

Are your misses consistently short/long/left/right? Are you taking on the target too much or playing to the middle of the green?

Maybe might be worth your while narrowing your selection for chipping to just 3 different options and leave the rest down to practice and feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Are your misses consistently short/long/left/right? Are you taking on the target too much or playing to the middle of the green?

Maybe might be worth your while narrowing your selection for chipping to just 3 different options and leave the rest down to practice and feel?

He's only trying to give the rest of us some false hope ahead of Saturday before he goes out and gets his 3rd win of the year in the boards society! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

The really bad one is a straight left miss. Think its coming from my old fault which was a slice always, so am still aiming at the LHS of the green expecting for it to come back.

Maybe cutting down the options, and number of clubs might tighten up the misses.

Advertisement