Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any guys here gone out with Eastern European women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tesco Frog Muffin

Eastern European women are sublime. "Carl Dunne Dumb" needs to actually travel there, rather than just visiting cheap brothels here to garner his "opinion". They have a strict preference for the gentlemanly type I've found, which is refreshing to say the least for Irish men to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

They have a strict preference for the gentlemanly type I've found, which is refreshing to say the least for Irish men to experience.

What a weird sentence. Why would that be refreshing for a man to experience? :confused:

What a weird sentence. Why would that be refreshing for a man to experience? :confused:

Because it's not always the case, especially in countries where men being gentlemanly towards women is the norm, a certain emerald isle springs to mind.

Because it's not always the case, especially in countries where men being gentlemanly towards women is the norm, a certain emerald isle springs to mind.

The norm here? Really?

I've found men in other anglophone countries to be generally far more polite than here, TBH.

The norm here? Really?

I've found men in other anglophone countries to be generally far more polite than here, TBH.

Like where?

• Advertisement

Like where?

Canada, the US, the UK.

Don't scoff at my saying the US, pretty much every American man I've spoken to in my life has been exceedingly polite.

As a country, both genders included, we swear way too much also.

Canada, the US, the UK.

Don't scoff at my saying the US, pretty much every American man I've spoken to in my life has been exceedingly polite.

I disagree that women are more pedestalized in those countries. I've never been to the US or Canada, but I've worked over in England for a number of years, and found women there to be far more receptive.

I disagree that women are more pedestalized in those countries. I've never been to the US or Canada, but I've worked over in England for a number of years, and found women there to be far more receptive.

Well, I haven't said anything about women being "pedestalised". I've just said men are more polite. And the women probably are too.

If women are more receptive to you, it's likely because you're a bit of strange, nothing unusual about that.

Well, I haven't said anything about women being "pedestalised". I've just said men are more polite. And the women probably are too.

If women are more receptive to you, it's likely because you're a bit of strange, nothing unusual about that.

How do you know that's not also why the men were more polite to you?

How do you know that's not also why the men were more polite to you?

Tis possible, but that would assume all men from these countries that I've chatted to are interested in me.

Anyway, you're coming across a bit PUA, so I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Canada, the US, the UK.

The fuck.

Nodin wrote: »
    The fuck.

I know, yeah, people think American = brash, just sayin' that's never been my experience. I know, small sample size, etc. etc.
    And Canadian and British people are most definitely overall more polite. Not necessarily nicer people. Just more polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jansperson

Any thread about the foreigners dating Irish girls?That would be funny discussion:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Sure she wouldn't have me, said she fancied a more muscular fella

she.. told me, that i just wasn't stroganoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

eastern europe is about as vague as western europe.

A spanish bird is going to be looking for something different than an irish bird.
    A French bird is generally interested in something different from a norweigan bird.

The further east you go the more materialistic they get. The more they want a man who can provide.
    But Hungarians/Czechs/Slovaks/Slovenians/Croats are different.

It's too wide a horizon to nail down what 'they' want or what they're like.

I've lived in eastern europe and generally the women there can be either chasing status (man's job and social status), they can be attracted to good humour, humbleness, arrogance, money, non-materialistic men, big, small.. just like irish women really except about 3x better looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Leftist wrote: »

A spanish bird is going to be looking for something different than an irish bird.
    A French bird is generally interested in something different from a norweigan bird.

The further east you go the more materialistic they get. The more they want a man who can provide.

I've lived in eastern europe and generally the women there can be either chasing status (man's job and social status), they can be attracted to good humour, humbleness, arrogance, money, non-materialistic men, big, small.. just like irish women really except about 3x better looking.

The amount of contradictions and generalisations in this post is astounding. And not to be specist but I'd rather not date any of our avian friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Thats an astounding amount of waffle for 1 post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

especially in countries where men being gentlemanly towards women is the norm, a certain emerald isle springs to mind.

Either that is in fact a joke, or you are the biggest troll in history..large enough to live beneath the brooklyn bridge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Update: I broke it off with my Central European lady some time ago. She contacted me again recently and diplomatic relations have been restored....and I mean "relations" in the biblical sense. Should I welcome her back with open arms or stay focused on all the reasons it didn't work first time, second time, third time around...and resume my search for a native English speaker? Watch this space folks!!!

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Update: I broke it off with my Central European lady some time ago. She contacted me again recently and diplomatic relations have been restored....and I mean "relations" in the biblical sense. Should I welcome her back with open arms or stay focused on all the reasons it didn't work first time, second time, third time around...and resume my search for a native English speaker? Watch this space folks!!!

I'd drop her. Not because there's anything wrong with her but you'd just be leading her on, seeing as how you have a preference for people with perfect English. I mean, you'd bed her and all but you'd be thinking all the time that you could do better, right?

Nice.

• Advertisement

pone2012 wrote: »
    Thats an astounding amount of waffle for 1 post!!

which bits? don't say all of it because that's just lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Every bit of it....see I'm not lazy

The hilighted bits in my post should show you where you contradicted yourself. Also, I should really have you on ignore for using "bird" but hey, you're good comedy value.

old hippy wrote: »
    Also, I should really have you on ignore for using "bird" but hey, you're good comedy value.

oh lucky me :D jesus christ

nothing contradictory about it.

Eastern europe is as diverse as western europe.

So in that case the eastern states such as bulgaria/romania/ukraine are different culturally than the central european states that are considered 'eastern europe'.
    Poland/Czech/Hungarian etc. (Although the latter crosses both divides.)

For instance, Irish/UK culture is more materialistic than French/Iberian.

Not really that hard to wrap your head around. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I should really have you on ignore for using "bird" but hey, you're good comedy value.

So right on. Even birds use bird. I doubt many find it offensive, but I could be knocking about with a different sort.

oh lucky me :D jesus christ

nothing contradictory about it.

Eastern europe is as diverse as western europe.

So in that case the eastern states such as bulgaria/romania/ukraine are different culturally than the central european states that are considered 'eastern europe'.
    Poland/Czech/Hungarian etc. (Although the latter crosses both divides.)

For instance, Irish/UK culture is more materialistic than French/Iberian.

Not really that hard to wrap your head around. :confused:

Reading your output is the equivalent of wrapping a car around a lampost. Getting out of the car, pretending it didn't happen and then doing it all again just to prove it didn't happen.

As I said, stand back from the wreckage of your post and read the hilighted posts, it may then dawn on you.

So right on. Even birds use bird. I doubt many find it offensive, but I could be knocking about with a different sort.

old hippy would get offended by the colour of his socks.

Can't really account for people like that.

Could be. Still. most people over the age of 15 don't use that terminology.

old hippy would get offended by the colour of his socks.

Can't really account for people like that.

I wear sandals. That would be a fashion faux pas.

• Advertisement

Reading your output is the equivalent of wrapping a car around a lampost. Getting out of the car, pretending it didn't happen and then doing it all again just to prove it didn't happen.

As I said, stand back from the wreckage of your post and read the hilighted posts, it may then dawn on you.

so reading my post is the equivalent of denying you made a mistake?

reading it?

not the sharpest eh?

and obviously incapable of answering the points.

Wouldn't really be too arsed about the opinion of someone who takes the term 'bird' as offensive though.

Advertisement