Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any guys here gone out with Eastern European women?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

[QUOTE=MCMLXXV;85095828you'll never have the same craic with a person whose native tongue is not English as one who is.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree with this....I know plenty of people who's English is as good as native speakers. They are sharp and witty too....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭CarlDunne1979

keith16 wrote: »
    Completely disagree with this....I know plenty of people who's English is as good as native speakers. They are sharp and witty too....

They'll be laughing alright ....all the way to the bank with your ATM card while Bartek waits outside in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

They'll be laughing alright ....all the way to the bank with your ATM card while Bartek waits outside in the car.

I sense a Mod close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

:confused: What are you talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    no matter how good every other aspect may be you'll never have the same craic with a person whose native tongue is not English as one who is.

Definitely not true, my hubby spoke no English whatsoever when I met him, it did help that I spoke fluent German, but we had "the craic" in German from the very beginning and now that his English has improved loads, we have the craic in English too (with all its subtleties and puns)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Jimmy 5F

You haven't had much good luck in your life, have you? (Classic negging attempt #1)

That sounds more like an insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 apollonia

keith16 wrote: »
    :confused: What are you talking about?

He is talking about his experience with polish prostitutes...(i feel sorry for everyone who have to pay for sex)

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Well Poland's hardly a utopia either. WW2, concentration camps, awful food, coal mines, the haggard faces of old peasant women, Stalinist factory towns, crap jumpers...
    Just a few of the things that spring to mind when I think of Poland. I'm sure it's not that bad though.

Not much true "springs to your mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPeofkW-Pw

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Well Poland's hardly a utopia either. WW2, concentration camps, awful food, coal mines, the haggard faces of old peasant women, Stalinist factory towns, crap jumpers...
    Just a few of the things that spring to mind when I think of Poland. I'm sure it's not that bad though.

You couldn't be more wrong mate, although the crap jumpers thing made me LOL!!

- Food is delicious
    - WW2 is over (Germany lost the semi final on away goals - USA beat the Soviet Union after extra time and penalties in the final)
    - The concentration camps were moved to Cuba
    - It has some of the most beautiful towns in Europe
    - Plenty of haggard peasant women around Ireland too

Also they have great weather, amazingly hot women, brilliant sense of humour, have hosted a European championships, excellent cinema, music and literary history too!!

They do however, have terrible jumpers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

apollonia wrote: »
    Not much true "springs to your mind"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXPeofkW-Pw

Having been to Poland 6 times in the last 18 months, I can assure you that Poland is amazing and far more like what you see in the video above then BraziliaNZ post.

I was in Gdansk/Gydnia/Sopot just 4 weeks ago:

- 30c almost every day
    - Beautiful sandy beaches and peers in Sopot and out towards Hel.
    - Very cool nightclubs that are open all night, that back onto the beach so you can take a beer out onto the beach to watch the sunrise after a night of dancing on tables!!
    - Some of the most beautiful women in the world, who are incredibly friendly and genuinely interested in meeting nice people.
    - Zero danger at night, never once saw anyone crazy drunk on the streets or any type of violence or crime.
    - Beautiful old towns, with lovely buildings.
    - Fantastic food
    - Hundreds of people roller blading allowing the footpaths around Sopot! (think Miami only way cooler)
    - Cool jazz clubs all over the place.
    - Then I headed out to the lake district where I went Kayaking for two days through some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen. Kayaking through woods filled with deer and eagles swooping over head!

And seriously, I don't think I've ever seen so many Porsche SUV's in my entire life!! It is bizarre to see rows of top end Porsche and BMW cars parked outside ugly communistic flats!!

Can someone please explain to me why Polish people are so crazy about nice cars over everything else!!

Yes there are some ugly communistic flats outside the town centers, but even those aren't what you would expect, inside they are often very nicely decorated with all the latest western mod cons, Samsung Smart Flatscreen TV's, PS3's, etc. And often lovely Polish mothers who seem to want to do nothing but feed you lovely Polish food, because seemingly I'm looking too thin!!

Seriously talk about the complete opposite of what I think most people imagine Poland is like.

I highly, highly recommend everyone to visit Gdansk/Sopot/Gydnia, it is a fantastic holiday destination and the flights to Gdansk are very cheap.

I miss home now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Polish folk don't like red cars! Fact

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Liamalone wrote: »
    Polish folk don't like red cars! Fact
    I love red cars.
    Ferrari cars to be precise.
    Have two of them at home.

Actually my son does have two in his cars box.

I'm winning lotto tonight and getting a real one.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

bk wrote: »
    Having been to Poland 6 times in the last 18 months, I can assure you that Poland is amazing and far more like what you see in the video above then BraziliaNZ post.

I was in Gdansk/Gydnia/Sopot just 4 weeks ago:

- 30c almost every day
    - Beautiful sandy beaches and peers in Sopot and out towards Hel.
    - Very cool nightclubs that are open all night, that back onto the beach so you can take a beer out onto the beach to watch the sunrise after a night of dancing on tables!!
    - Some of the most beautiful women in the world, who are incredibly friendly and genuinely interested in meeting nice people.
    - Zero danger at night, never once saw anyone crazy drunk on the streets or any type of violence or crime.
    - Beautiful old towns, with lovely buildings.
    - Fantastic food
    - Hundreds of people roller blading allowing the footpaths around Sopot! (think Miami only way cooler)
    - Cool jazz clubs all over the place.
    - Then I headed out to the lake district where I went Kayaking for two days through some of the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen. Kayaking through woods filled with deer and eagles swooping over head!

And seriously, I don't think I've ever seen so many Porsche SUV's in my entire life!! It is bizarre to see rows of top end Porsche and BMW cars parked outside ugly communistic flats!!

Can someone please explain to me why Polish people are so crazy about nice cars over everything else!!

Yes there are some ugly communistic flats outside the town centers, but even those aren't what you would expect, inside they are often very nicely decorated with all the latest western mod cons, Samsung Smart Flatscreen TV's, PS3's, etc. And often lovely Polish mothers who seem to want to do nothing but feed you lovely Polish food, because seemingly I'm looking too thin!!

Seriously talk about the complete opposite of what I think most people imagine Poland is like.

I highly, highly recommend everyone to visit Gdansk/Sopot/Gydnia, it is a fantastic holiday destination and the flights to Gdansk are very cheap.

Bk I'm glad you had nice time in the area I'm from. Forests is what I really miss here. Next time go and see Mazury - area of 1000 lakes connected by rivers and canals on the east of Poland. Much better than kaszuby.

Polish people and their cars - I' surprised myself everytime I'm back in family home. I havent seen so many porsche , top end bmw's amg mercedes, Infinitis, and ferraris in Dublin for a year than in poland during a week stay.

Why?

When Poland was part of communist block a mercedes was really rear thing on the roads. There were no bmws astons martins and other nice cars. In fact there was only large fiat, fiat 126p , syrena , few russian models and not much more. Cars were so expensive that you had to work number of years to buy a cheaest one. Well if you could buy one becaues both petrol and cars were sold on cards. You had to have special coupon given by authorities to buy a car.
    So now after years people still think that car is a proof of their status and wellbeing. Of course not always but thats how it works for many .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

du Maurier wrote: »
    I don't think it's specifically the preserve of the Polish, no. I think I was relating it to the vagueness of the thread title (Eastern European) and equated, albeit ignorantly, a perceived notion of their dress code!

Poland is Central Europe.

A racist and a misogynist. Wow. Just wow.

Relationships with foreign wimmins are fine and the whole 'exotic' thing can add a bit of spark but I reckon (generally) it has a better chance of working out when you both have similar beliefs. E.g. Christian + Christian tends to work a lot better than Christian + Muslim. I'm no religious freak and even if you're atheist / agnostic you still tend to have certain beliefs / morals that contradict with other religions and don't benefit long term relationships.

I had an EE GF for a couple of years and knew many more. She was a really nice girl, good looking but just wasn't for me long term. Like women all over, some can be cvnts but most are not. She wasn't all that different from most Irish women with a fairly similar outlook on life / beliefs. The accent was kind of a turn on but I'll tell you one thing - no matter how good every other aspect may be you'll never have the same craic with a person whose native tongue is not English as one who is. That sort of interaction is important in a long term relationship.

I've been with my other half for 15 years. We're both atheists although we did have a ceremony in a Shinto temple some years ago. She's Japanese and I have more craic with her than anyone I know. I have friends from all round the world and there's nothing lost in translation as regards having fun and good interaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

"Black don't crack!"

This whole thread is like "Would you go out with a black girl?" etc.

In Europe the Polish are often referred to as "The Irish of Europe".
    (And the Irish are "The blacks of Europe" if you were speaking to someone 20 years ago.. ;-) )

are the Irish not the Irish of Europe?

**Vai** wrote: »
    No one has mentioned how badly the Eastern Europeans age. Especially the women, from what Ive seen. Is it something in the water over there?

No, it's something in your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

no matter how good every other aspect may be you'll never have the same craic with a person whose native tongue is not English as one who is. That sort of interaction is important in a long term relationship.
    old hippy wrote: »
    I've been with my other half for 15 years. We're both atheists although we did have a ceremony in a Shinto temple some years ago. She's Japanese and I have more craic with her than anyone I know. I have friends from all round the world and there's nothing lost in translation as regards having fun and good interaction.

I agree, the quote above is complete and utter rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Specialun wrote: »
    Nope.

They actually have lovely Ham. Its savage compared to the Irish rubbish.

Oh the sausages too.There lovely too

Kielbasa!!!!

I'd almost be tempted to dump my Mexican for a Pole if it meant more kielbasa....

If it weren't for chorizo!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I agree, the quote above is complete and utter rubbish

I've had a few foreign gf's and have lots of foreign friends. All sound, great craic but IN MY EXPERIENCE most miss a lot of the double meaning during banter.

That said my friends wife is Chinese and she's the funniest person I know. ;)

I've had a few foreign gf's and have lots of foreign friends. All sound, great craic but IN MY EXPERIENCE most miss a lot of the double meaning during banter.

That is true to a certain extent - they will never truly appreciate father ted for example, no matter how good their English. I saw this from experience as all my father ted jokes are wasted on my boyfriend.

That said, it doesn't mean your relationship will be missing something, it just means you'll share different things than you might with an Irish partner.

If you can't entertain yourselves without having to rely on father ted jokes, your relationship is ****ed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Does she like to Raf out 'roud? :pac:

floggg wrote: »
    That is true to a certain extent - they will never truly appreciate father ted for example, no matter how good their English. I saw this from experience as all my father ted jokes are wasted on my boyfriend.

That said, it doesn't mean your relationship will be missing something, it just means you'll share different things than you might with an Irish partner.

If you can't entertain yourselves without having to rely on father ted jokes, your relationship is ****ed anyway!

The missus is Japanese and she adores Ted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

old hippy wrote: »
    The missus is Japanese and she adores Ted :D

Japanese, a great bunch of lads!

I'm Polish and I adore Ted too :D

mhge wrote: »
    Japanese, a great bunch of lads!

I'm Polish and I adore Ted too :D

My mates gf is German and she doesn't seem to get it.

Of course Germans have no sense of humour so she's probably a bad example!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

floggg wrote: »
    My mates gf is German and she doesn't seem to get it.

Of course Germans have no sense of humour so she's probably a bad example!
    I worked with a French chef a few years ago and Father Ted was about the only thing he liked about Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I'll tell you one thing - no matter how good every other aspect may be you'll never have the same craic with a person whose native tongue is not English as one who is. That sort of interaction is important in a long term relationship.

Its been said already but ill join in.....bollocks,ive been with Thai*,Polish and currently a Norwegian and they've all been great craic,the Thai and Norwegian are also the only girls ive ever known who could have me howling with laughter,theres many parts of the world where peoples English is so good its better than many native speakers,i know many Scandinavians,Dutch and Germans who have a better command of the English language than many Irish people I know.

*please no cringey Thai jokes.....please!

Advertisement