Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any guys here gone out with Eastern European women?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

All women are great.
    They are the carriers of boobies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

"Bird" does drive me up the wall as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

bluewolf wrote: »

Do you find it offensive?

what about bloke? lad?

only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Leftist wrote: »
    so reading my post is the equivalent of denying you made a mistake?

reading it?

not the sharpest eh?

and obviously incapable of answering the points.

Wouldn't really be too arsed about the opinion of someone who takes the term 'bird' as offensive though.

Your "points" which are basically, a series of generlisations about women from Central and Eastern Europe in which you contradict yourself several times in the same post. About how they are materialistic but they aren't really but they are really and how one mustn't generalise etc ad nauseum. I guess the irony is lost on you.

I wouldn't be too arsed about the opinion of someone who uses the term "bird", mind.

what about bloke? lad? sham?

only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin.

I grew up in Dublin and grew out of using the term sometime in my early teens. How foolish of me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

what about bloke? lad?

Just irritating. Same for bloke.

Good thing nobody suggested that then, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

old hippy wrote: »
    I'd drop her. Not because there's anything wrong with her but you'd just be leading her on, seeing as how you have a preference for people with perfect English. I mean, you'd bed her and all but you'd be thinking all the time that you could do better, right?

Nice.

And you're a saint, clearly. When exactly did you develop the psychic abilities that have enabled you to read my mind AND predict my long term intentions towards this woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

I'm only just coming to terms with how retard*d I am...OOPS! There I go again using horrendously archaic, offensive terminology. I am thoroughly ashamed to realise that I too, frequently betray my latent misogny by using the term "bird". Thanks to Old Hippy's wisdom and patience in showing us all the error of our ways, I shall now confine myself to using the word "chick" only. It galls me that I will have to confine the word "skirt" to the dustbin of history too but by such small, painful steps is progress made.

Your "points" which are basically, a series of generlisations about women from Central and Eastern Europe in which you contradict yourself several times in the same post. About how they are materialistic but they aren't really but they are really and how one mustn't generalise etc ad nauseum. I guess the irony is lost on you.

no I didn't :confused: What are you lying for?
    The further east you go the more materialistic they get. The more they want a man who can provide.
    But Hungarians/Czechs/Slovaks/Slovenians/Croats are different.

It's too wide a horizon to nail down what 'they' want or what they're like.

Says here pretty clearly the (entire former-eastern bloc) region is diverse and that the further east you go the more materialistic their culture.

There's no contradiction there. The horizon I implied is the whole area termed as 'eastern europe'.

Explain why you lied? kind of pathetic of you to do that.

I grew up in Dublin and grew out of using the term sometime in my early teens. How foolish of me.

and what has that got to do with anything related to this topic? nobody cares when you stopped using a term.

I didn't lie, chum. I hilighted your post as a mass of contradictions and generalisations. If you can't handle that your output often resembles a load of over cooked coddle, that's down to you.

"only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin."

And I told you I grew up in Dublin and grew out of using that term. When you grow up, you might reconsider your childhood transgressions, too.

• Advertisement

Everlong1 wrote: »
    And you're a saint, clearly. When exactly did you develop the psychic abilities that have enabled you to read my mind AND predict my long term intentions towards this woman?

I've engaged with your type before. You say you're looking for a "native english speaker" but you've already got back in bed with her. What am I supposed to think from that?

Everlong1 wrote: »
    I'm only just coming to terms with how retard*d I am...OOPS! There I go again using horrendously archaic, offensive terminology. I am thoroughly ashamed to realise that I too, frequently betray my latent misogny by using the term "bird". Thanks to Old Hippy's wisdom and patience in showing us all the error of our ways, I shall now confine myself to using the word "chick" only. It galls me that I will have to confine the word "skirt" to the dustbin of history too but by such small, painful steps is progress made.

Progress is made when one becomes man enough to admit a mistake. Your terminology and repeated used of it suggests you think of yourself as a bit of a card, a character and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

bluewolf wrote: »

It's a bit too Michael Caine

I didn't lie, chum. I hilighted your post as a mass of contradictions and generalisations. If you can't handle that your output often resembles a load of over cooked coddle, that's down to you.

There's nothing in this post but escalated repetition. 'mass' ffs. Trying to make it sound more dramatic doesn't make it any more real.

Take the words that were posted, and highlight clearly the contradiction, bearing in mind how I've just showed you how it wasn't.

Structure yourself and gather the information like a good man, you're all over the place.

"only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin."

And I told you I grew up in Dublin and grew out of using that term. When you grow up, you might reconsider your childhood transgressions, too.

What did I say about this? this issue is closed and completely irrelevant.

A serious challenge to converse with. A mess.

Take the words that were posted, and highlight clearly the contradiction, bearing in mind how I've just showed you how it wasn't.

I refer you to the earlier post where I clearly hilighted your contradictions and generalisations. Try harder.

As for the other matter being closed, you claimed "only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin".

I put you straight and you didn't like it. It doesn't surprise me, as you have form for digging yourself in deep when people take issue with your stream of nonsense.

Try harder.

Regards,

old hippy (a bona fide leftist)

I refer you to the earlier post where I clearly hilighted your contradictions and generalisations. Try harder.

As for the other matter being closed, you claimed "only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin".

I put you straight and you didn't like it. It doesn't surprise me, as you have form for digging yourself in deep when people take issue with your stream of nonsense.

Try harder.

Regards,

old hippy (a bona fide leftist)

Clearly highlighted? that doesn't prove anything. You highlighted sentences, suggested they were contradictions but couldn't suggest how they were contradictions.

Where is the contradiction here?
    The further east you go the more materialistic they get. The more they want a man who can provide.

Read the condition.
    "only a fool would suggest nobody over 15 says bird. Or someone who's never set foot in dublin"
    There's two possibilities and clearly the question has answered itself over your aimless posts.

It's like a broken record, only not as much fun. Read your post again, slowly. Out loud, if it helps. I'm not the only one who saw it as bobbins. Vague, generalising galore and a sense of you posting without thinking it through.

But this is you to a tee, isn't it? You're caught out on nearly every posting you make and then you argue it and toss out inanities until someone dies of exhaustion. Or puts you on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Spend time among actual working class people of all ages and you'll find "bird" being used quite a bit

Bambi wrote: »
    Spend time among actual working class people of all ages and you'll find "bird" being used quite a bit

You have no idea who I spend time with but I know some of them would find that a bit patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You have no idea who I spend time with but I know some of them would find that a bit patronising.

bit patronising to assume that I was directing my post at you and all.

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    bit patronising to assume that I was directing my post at you and all.

Apologies. You do like to stick your oar in, tbf ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Are we now judging eastern European women on the availability of meat???

I'm now starving... thanks :(

I fancy a 22 year old blonde moldavian for lunch....

you should go to the all you can eat restaurant in muff then :D

It's like a broken record, only not as much fun. Read your post again, slowly. Out loud, if it helps. I'm not the only one who saw it as bobbins. Vague, generalising galore and a sense of you posting without thinking it through.

But this is you to a tee, isn't it? You're caught out on nearly every posting you make and then you argue it and toss out inanities until someone dies of exhaustion. Or puts you on ignore.

Still dodging the question. Point proved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

It'll be a sad day when we can only refer to people as females or males. No room for colloquial or slang. Just keep it pc and sterile.

I use bird all the time I think. I also say lass or lassie, but I'm a bogger and we do that. I use lad, guy, bloke, fella and chap. Hoor, fecker, and bastid.

Use 'missus' to refer to a female partner. And better half etc. None of these have ever, to my almost certain knowledge, caused any offence.

The only word which might would be 'bint', which I stopped using when I became aware of its derogatory connotation, though its origin is arabic and innocent enough.

Still dodging the question. Point proved.

LOL. You haven't made any points. :D

It'll be a sad day when we can only refer to people as females or males. No room for colloquial or slang. Just keep it pc and sterile.

I use bird all the time I think. I also say lass or lassie, but I'm a bogger and we do that. I use lad, guy, bloke, fella and chap. Hoor, fecker, and bastid.

Use 'missus' to refer to a female partner. And better half etc. None of these have ever, to my almost certain knowledge, caused any offence.

The only word which might would be 'bint', which I stopped using when I became aware of its derogatory connotation, though its origin is arabic and innocent enough.

Use whatever you like. I don't use it because I grew out of it and most of my female friends don't appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've lived in eastern europe and generally the women there can be either chasing status (man's job and social status), they can be attracted to good humour, humbleness, arrogance, money, non-materialistic men, big, small.. just like irish women really except about 3x better looking.

*Checks oneself in the mirror*
    *Logs onto online banking*

I think you might be wrong.

LOL. You haven't made any points. :D

where's the contradiction? I don't think you are capable of explaining it. That's the point.

where's the contradiction? I don't think you are capable of explaining it. That's the point.

I once more refer you to earlier post of mine, where I hilighted your contradictory statements. I cannot make it any more clear than that. They are self evident, even without bonus hilights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Use whatever you like. I don't use it because I grew out of it and most of my female friends don't appreciate it.

Cheers.

I like your subtle implication that those who use it are of juvenile minds. Oh to be so worldly and wise. Your 'female acquaintances' are great craic I'd say.

Advertisement