Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Had a wee chat about my thoughts on KI (pretty much all good) in my latest video today. Chances are I'll go into a lot more debt on the subject on the HSN podcast later in the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Killer Instinct Music Teaser Suite #2

....... too sick, Mick Gordon is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

IGN gave it a 8.4

Seemed unjust and misinformed

No mentioned of Original KI coming with purchase, no mention of Season 2 characters considering the was the reviewers Biggest con, "Game only has 8 character"

For some reason in the written review it was believed it was a 60 dollar full retail game whens it's €20

IGN is terrible with reviews;KI is one of the strongest Launch titles atm

Price
    Next gen jump
    and them Sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Pretty much every review is written without access to online play.

All PS4 reviews posted before release and Xbox one reviews posted before release (on non single player only games) are utter garbage. the games press are just awful.

Euro gamer even said they couldn't play local multi-player yet...which is ..weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

3LV4qBS.png

• Advertisement

Replay mode from IGN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Everyone should just wait for my review

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

"Game is poo."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

"Game is poo."

Explanamanation pleases

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Explanamanation pleases

Because its not USF4 :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Everyone should just wait for my review
    "Game is poo."
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Explanamanation pleases

Done.

I'd give it 10 particle effects out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'd give it 10 particle effects out of 10

Wow I was expecting at least 12/10

Game sucks, thanks nutrient.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wow I was expectingat least 12/10

Game sucks, thanks nutrient.

Your mathematics need work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Your mathematics need work.

Seems appropriate to KI's particles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've been listening to this VG music podcast recently, and they just released their latest episode on the music of Killer Instinct.

http://www.vgmpire.com/2013/11/19/vgmpire-episode-58-the-killer-groove/

Haven't heard it yet, but apparently Max is guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Is anyone getting this day 1? I can't believe I'm considering forking out 420 quid just to play this game.

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting this day 1? I can't believe I'm considering forking out 420 quid just to play this game.

i think its fair to say that most people on this forum are looking forward for Ultra Street Fighter 4 due to the fact that

1. Most people on the fighting game forums are SF players
    2. The next SF will be on current gen (much cheaper option)
    3. Most of these players are arcade stick players, meaning they'd have to buy a new stick which is an additional €200. (they have working sticks for the current gen).

as for myself, i would love to get it day one but due to the fact that i'm in my final year of collage i dont have the time or money to spend. i was a fan of KI1 when i was a kid and now that they are finally bringing it back after 17 years (and after playing the new game at the XBO tour in Dublin) i'm pretty hype... but i'll have to wait for now.

when the people at the XGC (gaming/internet cafe in Dublin) get in the new consoles in, i plan on buying the €20 version for one of the consoles for people of the IFGC (if they are interested) and myself to play. i would love to see this game get a competitive scene here in Ireland.

520*

2gen wrote: »
    i think its fair to say that most people on this forum are looking forward for Ultra Street Fighter 4 due to the fact that

1. Most people on the fighting game forums are SF players
    2. The next SF will be on current gen (much cheaper option)
    3. Most of these players are arcade stick players, meaning they'd have to buy a new stick which is an additional €200. (they have working sticks for the current gen).

as for myself, i would love to get it day one but due to the fact that i'm in my final year of collage i dont have the time or money to spend. i was a fan of KI1 when i was a kid and now that they are finally bringing it back after 17 years (and after playing the new game at the XBO tour in Dublin) i'm pretty hype... but i'll have to wait for now.

when the people at the XGC (gaming/internet cafe in Dublin) get in the new consoles in, i plan on buying the €20 version for one of the consoles for people of the IFGC (if they are interested) and myself to play. i would love to see this game get a competitive scene here in Ireland.

I have a ps3 at the moment and switch between SF4 and MK but I need something new.
    I was pissed when I heard that KI was xbox exclusive because I was all for getting the PS4 on launch day, but now........?
    I remember seeing the ad on tv years ago and tortured my ma to buy me it and sure enough it was waiting on me when i got home from school on launch day, can't say it will happen friday tho lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ill be going down PS4 road.

Already have ps plus till dec 2014, vita for remote play. I don't believe ultra won't come out on next gen.
    Especially with Sony's port and localisation fund they have now.

Only one title thats interesting to me is swerys kinect one.

If your gonna have a weaker systen with a forced camera proove why, use it.

20131120_024154_zps70a21ca2.jpg

In training mode you can play the classic music from KI one. when the music starts playing, the stage in which the music used to play in the classic game will be "projected" onto the background. awesome Easter Egg.

Killer Instinct Launch Trailer - Fulgore Returns

Killer Instinct Launch Trailer - Fulgore Returns

lol at the announcer at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Fulgore looks beast. Best char

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Glad to hear Spinal's weird cackle and Fulgore's weird scream intact.

You can redesign them pretty heavily, but those noises keep them authentic.

Hopefully Fulgore's flowing lock of hair makes it back in, he's looking a bit bald in that image.

So nobody got a day one One then?

No, and XGC said they won''t be getting any till maybe next year

So nobody got a day one One then?

Sitting in work with £500 in my wallet debating whether or not to buy it. Priced bundles in game, cheapest was 515.75 that's for 2 games 2 blu rays and 12 months live. Decisions decisions

• Advertisement

Sitting in work with £500 in my wallet debating whether or not to buy it. Priced bundles in game, cheapest was 515.75 that's for 2 games 2 blu rays and 12 months live. Decisions decisions

Atm you pre order from say gamestop the earliest youd get it would be 2nd week of dec

Advertisement