Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

One of those is not like the others..

..All of these games are dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Command list shows the startup and active frame data and frame advantage on hit/block for each move. Doesn't show recovery frame data though, nor normals.

That's hardly "each move" then... :rolleyes:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's hardly "each move" then... :rolleyes:

I believe Dojo mode shows all the frame data of moves in KI

Just have to turn it on

Eat a fat one kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Some matches from the #1 player on the leader boards of KI.

2gen wrote: »

That Full screen counter breaker was mental at 3mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

2gen wrote: »

Vid not showing?

Nutrient wrote: »
    That Full screen counter breaker was mental at 3mins

Yeah that was sick. that ice lance is a technically a Manual (foward H.P?) so it can be broken if you know its coming
    Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Vid not showing?

its working for me on my laptop and my phone. if it isn't working check out AcidGlow on youtube. he is an old school KI player who has been getting into KI2013.

Some Thunder footage from Eventhub's DreamKing23. Loving this character.

Manuals must make Combo breakers a pain in the ass

Ofc thunder is just doing M and H making it 50/50 but a character like Jago makes you guess all 3 ways

although have a predicatble pattern isn't so bad thanks to CCB

Manuals must make Combo breakers a pain in the ass

Ofc thunder is just doing M and H making it 50/50 but a character like Jago makes you guess all 3 ways

although have a predicatble pattern isn't so bad thanks to CCB

All characters can do l, m and h manuals.
    The mind games in this game will be mental if it were to ever catch on in the competitive scene. You have a similar neutral game as SF but with all these combo mechanics you'd be wrecked after an intense tournament.
    Also FChamp and Alex Valle have been enjoying the game on their streams... but are stuck playing with pad like everyone else lol

• Advertisement

An in depth Glacius beginners tutorial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

So got an Xbox one today, Fired this up with great anticipation and my TE stick doesn't work with it.Completely unplayabe so
    What a F**kin rip off...so they expect me to fork out for a New TE KI2 stick when the 360 TE could easily work with a driver support patch.
    FU microsoft..FU, I can't believe they pulled this one.
    Really taking the P1ss

So got an Xbox one today, Fired this up with great anticipation and my TE stick doesn't work with it.Completely unplayabe so
    What a F**kin rip off...so they expect me to fork out for a New TE KI2 stick when the 360 TE could easily work with a driver support patch.
    FU microsoft..FU, I can't believe they pulled this one.
    Really taking the P1ss

no offence but it has been known for a while that old 360 sticks dont work on the new XBO so you only have yourself to blame for not doing the research. but yes, it does suck that we have to get a new stick so ive chosen to wait until prices of the new console/sticks go down before i pay for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

It matters not If I knew or not, the fact remains!!!!
    In my Naive head I just presumed they would, Absolute swiz job.
    I wonder was it all Microsoft, or did Madcatz have a hand in it too to make a few quid from the new fightsticks.
    Again..C**NTS:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Pretty sure it was a Microsoft decision BUT then again Madcatz may have made a deal with them to have an exclusive stick for Killer Instinct. Really there is no reason other than wanting to sell a new stick as I'm almost positive there is videos of 360 sticks being used on Xbones before it was announced that they wouldn't work. A simple software patch would make them compatible no?
    Now I could be wrong so take it with a pinch of salt but didn't Sony say it was up to the individual developers if the Sticks would work on PS4 or not?

Edit: Found them:

The sony thing:
    http://shoryuken.com/2013/10/30/playstation-3-arcade-stick-compatibility-on-playstation-4-will-vary-from-game-to-game-decision-to-allow-them-left-to-developers/

and SFxTK 360 stick being used with Killer instinct was actually posted in the comments to that Sony thing:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

This seems alright from what I've played but playing on pad is annoying

bush wrote: »
    This seems alright from what I've played but playing on pad is annoying

LB and RB are the main culprits

Also wth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

When it lines up at around 2 minutes its fecking weird. That is very strange stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Whoa that's weird.

So do you think that this amazing netcode is so good because it's just flat out lying to people? I mean it would be a great way to keep your audience coming back.....

Rob2D wrote: »
    Whoa that's weird.

So do you think that this amazing netcode is so good because it's just flat out lying to people? I mean it would be a great way to keep your audience coming back.....

Honestly I believe it's because the game is still in Beta

Production of the game started late 2012

AAA game for next gen with less then 12months to release sounds like they were in crunch for the full production.

Idk why it's the way it is, I just want to know can they retain and fix the fantastic netcode without compromising performance

• Advertisement

yeah the video was posted on the DH forums http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/double-helix-you-got-some-splaining-to-do.5236/#post-103153. really weird but according to the posters that it has happened to its really rare for it to happen while most have never experienced it themselves.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

now on youtube

an example of what Manual (the equivalent to SF4 links) combos looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Haha I called it, knew the game would come down to something like this :)

not complaining at all, seems cool, v interesting. also will help with game flow too

Thats on a patch list atm

Gotta be less harsh on a game thats being thrown together in less than a year

SF Vanilla I recall infinites everywhere, unblockable ultras and much more bs

This is nothing that warns an all new rendition aka Super Street fighter 4 to remedy the issue, It'll get patched out for free just like everyother issue KI is experiencing since it's brief appearance.

* sources say it is already being fixed

Thats on a patch list atm

Gotta be less harsh on a game thats being thrown together in less than a year

SF Vanilla I recall infinites everywhere, unblockable ultras and much more bs

This is nothing that warns an all new rendition aka Super Street fighter 4 to remedy the issue, It'll get patched out for free just like everyother issue KI is experiencing since it's brief appearance.

* sources say it is already being fixed
    What.

There were 2 Chun infinites (Legs loop, and Dhalsim-only SBK loop), Abel jab~f.MK, and Fei Long
    Apart from desk, pretty much NO ONE used them.

Unblockable Ultras were discovered towards the tail-end of the game. If you can find me video evidence of them being used in a serious match, go for it.

• Advertisement

What.

There were 2 Chun infinites (Legs loop, and Dhalsim-only SBK loop), Abel jab~f.MK, and Fei Long
    Apart from desk, pretty much NO ONE used them.

Unblockable Ultras were discovered towards the tail-end of the game. If you can find me video evidence of them being used in a serious match, go for it.

Kiki plz stahp

Advertisement