Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

from todays stream (10/10/13)

image-jpg.17357jar.png

Fulgore and Spinal confirmed to be the last 2 characters?? this is a some what pre order collector's edition of the game. the images that are displayed on the cover art symbolize each character and show up on the VS screen of the game behind the character models as seen in the picture below

CijJ48V_zps036716df.jpg

since these 2 icons haven't been seen before in game it is safe to assume that they belong to the final two characters. also DHGs apparently removed this image from where it was originally hosted suggesting it was something they didn't want the public to see yet.

971076-spinal2.jpg Spinal

Fulgore1.jpg Fulgore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

So there'll be a boxed edition after all then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

deathrider wrote: »
    So there'll be a boxed edition after all then?

It says "Full download, no disc" on the box...

Ah, poo.

• Advertisement

from SRK

" a collector’s edition of Double Helix Games’ upcoming Killer Instinct reboot was announced through the Microsoft Store. Dubbed the Pin Ultimate Edition, this digital bundle will package everything included in the $40 version with a limited run of pins designed by Penny Arcade. In addition, those who purchase it will be allowed early access to all of the first season’s content. "

some unedited match videos

0:56 Jago vs Sabrewulf
    3:58 Glacius vs Sadira

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

2gen wrote: »
    from SRK

" a collector’s edition of Double Helix Games’ upcoming Killer Instinct reboot was announced through the Microsoft Store. Dubbed the Pin Ultimate Edition, this digital bundle will package everything included in the $40 version with a limited run of pins designed by Penny Arcade. In addition, those who purchase it will be allowed early access to all of the first season’s content. "

I'm highly confused Ted!

So from what I hear, it's a physical box that comes with a DLC code for the Ultimate edition, 2 KI pins (from a set that will rise to 16 KI pins given away for achieving monthly game-related goals) and a pin folder.

However, it's also a Microsoft Store Exclusive. So it cannot be bought in stores.

Odd move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Everything about this is half baked and rushed. par for the xbox one course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

FutureGuy wrote: »
    However, it's also a Microsoft Store Exclusive. So it cannot be bought in stores.

Odd move.
    That is very odd. When I heard of the Pin Edition I assumed it was so they could get one of their arguably killer apps on store shelves for launch and not locked away on XBLA. Limiting it to the MS Store seems very bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sairus wrote: »
    That is very odd. When I heard of the Pin Edition I assumed it was so they could get one of their arguably killer apps on store shelves for launch and not locked away on XBLA. Limiting it to the MS Store seems very bizarre.

It's also very cheap. They don't have to manufacture it, they don't have to deal with retailers and don't have to risk printing a million copies and none of them selling or printing too few and having nobody be able to buy it. Digital download removes all that hoopla.

And if you'll recall, before they backpedalled earlier this year, Microsoft was all about the digital download future with the xbox one. Not being able to find this on shelves heavily jives with their original ethos for the console.

Kirby wrote: »
    It's also very cheap. They don't have to manufacture it, they don't have to deal with retailers and don't have to risk printing a million copies and none of them selling or printing too few and having nobody be able to buy it. Digital download removes all that hoopla.

And if you'll recall, before they backpedalled earlier this year, Microsoft was all about the digital download future with the xbox one. Not being able to find this on shelves heavily jives with their original ethos for the console.
    Aye, I understand the benefits of digital, but the fact that they're doing such a heavily limited 'physical' release at all is what confuses me.
    If they were going to have a 'boxed' copy, I figure they'd want it in actual shops and not the very few MS Stores out there.

Sairus wrote: »
    Aye, I understand the benefits of digital, but the fact that they're doing such a heavily limited 'physical' release at all is what confuses me.
    If they were going to have a 'boxed' copy, I figure they'd want it in actual shops and not the very few MS Stores out there.

And if they think for a second that I'm going to wait a week to get this shipped for the sake of a pin or two, they can think again.

The more I think about it, it's another example of MS bias towards the USA...as if the Americans aren't getting enough preferential treatment on launch :rolleyes: .

It's one of the games I'm actually most excited about on Xbox One. My only problem is the lack of fight stick compatibility :( I think I'll just be a pad player.

Apart from SF, KI is the only fighting game that loved.Never liked Tekken, VF etc. From playing it at Eurogamer and reading what they are doing with the mechanics, I do think that it will be a great game.

from the 17/10/13 stream. some footage of training mode then matches for the second half.

killerinstinctone-versionbreakdown.jpg
    this picture details the different offers for the game.

they will finally reveal Orchid fully next week so thats something to look forward to... but until then you can get a good look at her yellow alt at 26:30 on the second vid (Buktooth once again accidentally putting her on stream).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LOL

ibsfgAPwgic1oT.gif

*edit*

Actually this got me curious, so I looked at the stream archive Ben linked.

You're telling me that they just HAPPENED to pick random for the last match, and it just HAPPENED to land on Orchid? :pac:

What am I missing in the picture above? All I'm seeing is Sabrewulf and an empty spot for Spider-Woman...

Also, I agree with the idea of all these "accidental" slips bring done accidentally on purpose to drip-feed info and keep people talking.

deathrider wrote: »
    What am I missing in the picture above? All I'm seeing is Sabrewulf and an empty spot for Spider-Woman...

Its a gif of what happened at the end of 2nd video that I just posted

Yeah I'd be pretty sure wonder wom- Orchid was shown on purpose there.

Us SF players are used to it with trollono.

Yeah I'd be pretty sure wonder wom- Orchid was shown on purpose there.

Us SF players are used to it with trollono.

100% set up imo.

Looking at that pricing, I think MS are shooting themselves in the foot there. 8 characters (ie full game is far too cheap). Is early access and a few costumes worth an extra 20 euro? Two pins and folder worth another 20 euro on top of it?

I can see alot of people just paying the 20 tbh. I'll be getting the Ultra Edition but only because I love my KI.

2gen wrote: »
    Its a gif of what happened at the end of 2nd video that I just posted

Ah, I see. It's just coming up as a pic on my phone. Again, about these leaks; Doom says SF players are used to it. MK heads also are. Boon's boys are infamous for trolling. I'm sure we all remember looking for "Kano transformations" even though they didn't exist.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun way of mixing it up, and I'd imagine the KI lads think that they're evil geniuses, but nobody is actually falling for it.

• Advertisement

two more matches without commentary

0:49 Glacius vs Sabrewulf
    2:40 Jago vs Thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I don't even.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Played a few games the other day of an older build Jago Edition.

I won with an Ultra and it said "ULTRAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOO".

All is well with the world.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/ign-live-presents-killer-instincts-orchid-training-mode-and-more

the IGN 2 hour Halloween Special.

featuring Orchid reveal, in-depth look on dojo and training modes, character customisation and Spinal teaser at the end.
    the actual player is a bit weird since it loops the 2 hr footage like 3-4 times so make sure to click at the beginning of the "play bar?" since (for me anyway) it will randomly start playing from random spots if you dont.

Orchid looks eh, but man Spinal looks sick.

Just had a look at the Orchid trailer, but I haven't checked the other link above. Nice to see that she's still got her classic moves (the spin kick and that tiger rush jobby). She always hit me as the kind character that that should be fast and aggressive, but I also thought this was kinda spoiled sure to her bring a charger. I'm kinda hoping she controls differently this time around.

Orchid has an air throw?

Did someone say she's charge? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Orchid has an air throw?

Did someone say she's charge? :D

Idt game has charge

Was charge in og KI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nutrient wrote: »
    Idt game has charge

Was charge in og KI

She had charge and command moves in og KI, so did a lot of the cast

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    Idt game has charge

Was charge in og KI

Yeah but chars were hybrids, for example fulgore has an SRK motion and a scissor kick motion for 2 of his moves.

Advertisement