Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

So nobody got a day one One then?

I have nothing against either new console, but my currently owned games library will keep me going for long enough that I see no reason to buy a next gen system for a few years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

people have been praising the NetCode since the game has been released. thats a really good sign. hopefully people will keep playing for years to come so we can get season 2 and 3. (8 characters per season)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Mad to play this, don't think I'll be picking up a next gen console for a good year tho :/ any chance of getting a setup or two going at xgc for people to try it out?

Ramza wrote: »
    Mad to play this, don't think I'll be picking up a next gen console for a good year tho :/ any chance of getting a setup or two going at xgc for people to try it out?

yeah man, i want to buy the €20 version for one of the consoles at the XGC but Nutrient has already mentioned it will be a while until they'll get any new consoles over there. i'm even considering buying a stick just so i can pass it around to those who would like to have a go themselves. but i guess we'll have to wait a bit longer... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

2gen wrote: »
    yeah man, i want to buy the €20 version for one of the consoles at the XGC but Nutrient has already mentioned it will be a while until they'll get any new consoles over there. i'm even considering buying a stick just so i can pass it around to those who would like to have a go themselves. but i guess we'll have to wait a bit longer... :(

a few mates of mine who played KI back in the day are mad to play this too, good to see it getting the older fans interested again much like sfiv did in 09 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Nutrient wrote: »
    Atm you pre order from say gamestop the earliest youd get it would be 2nd week of dec

They are selling them in game in newry where I live. Opened till 9 tonight, I could have one by then. So fecking dear tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Honestly no one person I know has this system, and I don't blame them

XBO and PS4 don't offer enough to warrant their price tag

Maybe late 2014

Finally caved in and bought xbox one tonight. Won £145 on the footie today so that made up my mind. En route home so will post my thoughts once I get set up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I got the xbox one and have KI, BF4, Ghosts and Fifa.

Played KI for 11 hours solid. The rest for about 10 mins.

KI is superb. Bought the combo breaker pack for 20.

The counter breaker system is fantastic.

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Finally caved in and bought xbox one tonight. Won £145 on the footie today so that made up my mind. En route home so will post my thoughts once I get set up
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I got the xbox one and have KI, BF4, Ghosts and Fifa.

Played KI for 11 hours solid. The rest for about 10 mins.

KI is superb. Bought the combo breaker pack for 20.

The counter breaker system is fantastic.

hows the netcode and are there many people online?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's not bad at all. A few laggy games but plenty people online. Mostly Jagos but the number of non-Jagos appearing is increasing.

Ranked is cool, you enter the lobby and when you finish a game you can press next opponent to face another random person.

I haven't been trying manuals at all online just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I played two ranked matches on our crappy office Wi-Fi connection and both were fine connection wise.

Started off as rank "Button Masher" and leveled up to "Free".

Played a few matches online and no complaints at all, not even a ragequit yet ha! Spent about an hour in the dojo learning the basics, never thought I would get the hang of it at the start but its starting to click now.
    Think this has great potential to be honest, combo potential is crazy!

Mickles_86 wrote: »
    Played a few matches online and no complaints at all, not even a ragequit yet ha! Spent about an hour in the dojo learning the basics, never thought I would get the hang of it at the start but its starting to click now.
    Think this has great potential to be honest, combo potential is crazy!

hows the d-pad? is it better than you thought?

an example of playing a classic tune while in training mode with the classic stage being "projected" onto the background.

hows the d-pad? is it better than you thought?

Its better than I thought yes, but not as comfy as the ps3. I'm a pad player anyway but its a definite improvement on 360

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

You guys hype the game up so much...

Anyone has any idea when the XGC will have the xbox ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

ladnopoka wrote: »

XGC won't be getting XBO anytime soon it seems

no demand for it

KI is a game we'd love to play, but it's not worth 520 quid

Ramza wrote: »
    Fulgore looks beast. Best char

fulogoreki2-jpg.8027
    this is from the KI Ultra fan book. I dont know if this is the final design or just concept art.

• Advertisement

spinalstage-jpg.8029

a good look at Spinal.

image-jpg.2663

Classic Jago alt looks sick :cool:

Played a lot of online games this morning and I can safely say its the best netcode I have played compared to any other fighting game.
    My only gripe is there are tons of jago's online but I can understand why. The dojo mode breaks down the basics of the game but only playing as jago, there is no option to use a different character. So people are using what they have learned here and taking it into online matches. I hope there is an update which allows us to choose the character before we learn their combos. Apart from that, I'm loving this game.

Or everyone just has the free version so are using the only character available.

Or everyone just has the free version so are using the only character available.

Haha true never thought of that. Suppose everyone is skint after buying the fecking console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Really impressed by this. Housemate grabbed the One and I had a blast at this tonight, netcode really is lovely and I like the rock/paper/scissors to the combo breakers. Also the way the music joins in for the Ultras is deadly.

People like to press buttons a lot... blocking and medium combo breakers seem to be the way forward.

So far I would go ahead and say its better than Soul Calibur 5, SFxTK and KOF13 on first impressions. Take that how you like but yeah, I like this a lot. Except Orchid looks a bit like a man :\

Myself and Dan had a long set today. So far Glacius is looking to be the best character. Only Sadira can get in on him, but it's still hard with her.

It's a lot of fun and doesn't seem to be all kinds of broken yet.

Thunders Shadow command grab has a startup of 5/0 and has a range of about quarter screen. It's retarded.

Command list shows the startup and active frame data and frame advantage on hit/block for each move. Doesn't show recovery frame data though, nor normals.

Think Glacius gets owned by Sabrewulf

Nutrient wrote: »
    Think Glacius gets owned by Sabrewulf

What makes you think that?

As long as Glacius can get a LP fireball out, he essentially has his own Doom Missiles to stop any attempts at getting in. His throw pushes you almost fullscreen away and even if you get in, you have to hope you don't get Broken or you're back to square one. His Instinct gives him armour too so he can use a get off me if you do manage to consistently stay in.

Sabrewulf has nothing with invincibility to help him get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Soul Calibur 5, SFxTK and KOF13

One of those is not like the others..

Advertisement