Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Orchid has an air throw?

Did someone say she's charge? :D

She definitely felt quite chargey in the original. I've not idea how she'll play this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

She was charge in KI.

In KI2 they changed all the charge commands to tap back, forward or tap forward, back.

This made Sabrewulf awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Ken Lobb showing off how the classic KI game looks on the XBO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Looking at the Dojo mode
    It seems to have the most tools on offer from any fighter I've seen before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im--J7vAhIQ#t=54m20s

Also the sound design is indeed impecable, the themes while not ALL are great some are very memorable

KI main theme is one of the best i've ever heard in a fighter, theme is exciting.

IJ has the worst music I've ever heard, period.

• Advertisement

04_fulgore01.jpg

Fulgore confirmed :D

2gen wrote: »
    04_fulgore01.jpg

Fulgore confirmed :D

What am I looking at?

Nutrient wrote: »
    What am I looking at?
    That is the booklet that comes with the "ultimate pin edition" of KI. Its for collectors. For the upcoming year there will be events in which people have to attend if they want to get a certain pin. There will be a pin for every character in the cast. When "Penny Arcade" uploaded this pic on their website, they forgot to censor Fulgore's name.

That is the booklet that comes with the "ultimate pin edition" of KI. Its for collectors. For the upcoming year there will be events in which people have to attend if they want to get a certain pin. There will be a pin for every character in the cast. When "Penny Arcade" uploaded this pic on their website, they forgot to censor Fulgore's name.

Fulgore was a given, ofc he was gonna be in it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

That is the booklet that comes with the "ultimate pin edition" of KI.
    Pin Ultimate Edition.

Please give their gloriously terrible "Penultimate" pun the respect it deserves.

• Advertisement

For the upcoming year there will be events in which people have to attend if they want to get a certain pin. There will be a pin for every character in the cast.

How will this work? Are we talking about physical events which people will have to travel to, or only events were you'll then get the pin sent out to you?
    When "Penny Arcade" uploaded this pic on their website, they forgot to censor Fulgore's name.

... Of course they did.

deathrider wrote: »
    How will this work? Are we talking about physical events which people will have to travel to, or only events were you'll then get the pin sent out to you?

I gather you can get them sent out for non-physical tournament events.
    Each character will get its own pin and the official Killer Instinct page will reveal surprise pins, every month until the end of the season, that can be earned through your community and in-game efforts.
    Additional pins sold separately or available as part of future promotional activities.

Killer Instinct in the Raw#3 Orchid special.

0:08 Jago vs Orchid
    3:14 Sabrewulf vs Orchid

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A load of people have been getting mails from MS saying they're unlocking all the KI characters for free...

A load of people have been getting mails from MS saying they're unlocking all the KI characters for free...

Aye, they're apparently giving them out as rewards to people with high gamerscores and/or long active accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I've had 40k+ GS on my old account, then it got banned :(

No KI3 for me

ladnopoka wrote: »
    I've had 40k+ GS on my old account, then it got banned :(

No KI3 for me

Cause you're a cody player

25gdm4g.jpg

yesterdays Microsoft Studios' stream.

Orchid Breakdown

0:08 Sadira vs Jago
    2:55 Thunder vs Sadira

• Advertisement

0:08 Sadira vs Jago
    2:55 Thunder vs Sadira

******* hate max

nice video though

Apparently Sadira is bs in this game

Nutrient wrote: »
    ******* hate max

nice video though

Apparently Sadira is bs in this game

at least he isn't talking in these "Raw" videos :P

The 14/11/13 Microsoft Studios' 1 hour stream
    Features Shadow Jago and customisation mode.

Shadow jago us okay

Looks like ij zombie version of a character

Just spent the last half hour playing KI at this Xbox gig in Dublin. I'm having a blast with out. It's simple and fun. Also, Sabrewulf is a beast!

KI is on Spooky now

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

CdJr vs FilthieRich ... easily the best matches of the night hosted by Spooky. the two players show off all the mechanics of the game in this set. Also Filthie shows off his skills with every member of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm almost annoyed at how fun this is starting to look.

On one hand I loved KI when I was a wee lad so It's good to see the game turning out decent. On the other hand I still don't want an XBone or any of the season-pass DLC character nonsense going on.

I must have put about two hours into this at the Xbox One Tour, and the more I played it the more I loved it. It's just great craic. The mechanics are simple and easy to get used to. The combos are all very flashy, and everything just makes you feel like a badass. I don't think I've enjoyed a new fighter this much since MK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The reviews are starting to pour in. Favourable reviews across the board. The only major complaint is the lack of characters. I'm not bothered about that so long as the 6 that are in it are solid.

Advertisement