Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    Does Ed Boon know that MK characters have escaped into KI?

yea as soon as i seen that video i thought mileena/skarlet.

they also nicked the in game frame data on pause menu idea from injustice also.
    NRS setting the standard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

they also nicked the in game frame data on pause menu idea from injustice also.
    NRS setting the standard ;)

They gave shout outs to NRS at the Evo 2013 panel for putting frame data in IGAU. This should definitely be the new standard for FGs, I hope Capcom will also follow NRS's example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've been saying the same thing side Injustice announced the pause menu frame days. It should be as standard across the boards for all fighting games from now on. I reckon in a few years time people will be saying "Remember back in the stone age when people had to go online to access frame data?"

Well played, Netherrealm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Hopefully they don't also just hardcode all the values in the frame data menu so that it gets horribly out of date....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jaysis lads, it's not like NR are perfect- that HUD they use is atrocious for spectators and correct me if I am wrong but someone can change someone elses button config because they use the same presets? :o

• Advertisement

Jaysis lads, it's not like NR are perfect- that HUD they use is atrocious for spectators and correct me if I am wrong but someone can change someone elses button config because they use the same presets? :o

Nope, they ain't perfect, but the frame craic is a good move and a step in the right direction. It's something other fighting games should also use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

IJ Hud is bollocks

Never know if I got reversal or not, also announcer is just poor.

Have John J'onzz announce my games plz

After a month since the last reveal, we finally have the chance to see the new character in action. I'm also happy to see that they removed her veil to make her look more like her own character rather than a Mileena copy. also the next reveal teased at the end being Orchid is also cool to see.

Ken Lobb will be showing off the newest build on the Microsoft Studios stream for those who might be interested. it hasnt started yet but i think it will start within a half hour (of me posting this post)

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios

Is it just me or does Sadira look like she was designed by Todd McFarlane?

Also I like how Orchid looks, design wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Was skeptical but actually really liking her design and the whole spider motif.

• Advertisement

Sadrina's proper new, yeah? I haven't just missed her from KI2 or she's not a secret character from an older have or anything?

Out was only a matter of time before we saw Orchid. Having the glowing feline as a pet is a cool idea too. Also, nice to see that her tits aren't the size of canon balls any more.

Youtube link of the Microsoft Studio's stream on KI (low quality)
    As mentioned in the stream, they are still balancing Sadira (in terms of her damage... since in this build its mental!) and you can see she isn't 100% polished yet but you can get an idea of what her play style is in this vid.

her mobility looks crazy and can imagine that it will be a pain to fight against if one doesn't know the match up but i can already see how a character like Glacius could handle her (hold the ice ball/air M.k and air H.k).

Also some notes from Eventhubs...
    Sadira character notes

• Sadira has crazy air mobility. Looks like she came straight out of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in my opinion.

• Has a bit of a keep away game, but is mainly played as a rushdown character.

• Not very well equipped on the ground (i.e. Her normals aren't the best).

• Has the ability to double jump. She is the only character in the game with said jumping capabilities.

• Can wall jump (like Vega or Guy in SF4), and has special moves that also bounce her off the wall.

• Her jumping Medium Kick hits twice.

• She also has multiple great cross up set ups.

• Retains a dive kick that travels vertically down.

• Back throw leads into a juggle combo. Launches opponent up, and she can follow up in the air.

• Sadira has an air projectile. If it hits the opponent, can lead into a full ground combo.

• Can perform instant air projectiles using the Tiger Knee technique.

• Sadira also has air Shadow moves.

• Seemingly endless air combo possibilities at the moment.

• Has a command normal launcher that is performed by hitting forward + Heavy Kick.

• Also has two Combo Enders that launch. Each Ender launches in a different direction.

• Has a spinning special move that works as a traditional KI opener. Fairly unsafe on block.

• Another one of her special moves is a flip kick with a bit of start up invincibility. Works well as anti-air.

• Instinct Mode gives her the ability to summon “Web Balls” that stay on screen. When they connect, they keep the opponent in place and open to an attack. Can only have one on screen at a time, but can drop them at any time.

• Web ball placement after a knockdown, coupled with air mobility lead to some devastating mix ups.

Alternate costume and Shadow Jago info

• Shadow Jago will come with the Day 1 Xbox Live Gold subscription. He will not be one of the 8 roster characters.

• Each costume will have their own accessories. Instead of just a full swap, each accessory can be mixed and matched for a more unique look.

• Original characters will get classic costumes and new fighters, like Sadira, will have interesting new alts.

and to finish off, for you SF4 fans.... your Evo 2013 champ

Sadira Gameplay Preview

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/465214000

Latest stream featuring new colours for each character, fonts and Ultra cancels.

27_ultracancel01.gif

Part 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played this at the weekend at Eurogamer. Really enjoyed it in the 15 minutes I had with it. Once you get a feel for the combo system (H>M>L) you'll be pulling off crazy combos in no time.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a stick adaptor for the current gen sticks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Will this be at Play Expo?

Apparently there's an Xbox One World Tour going on, and it's hitting Dublin on nov 17th (i think). KI should be present at it.

deathrider wrote: »
    Apparently there's an Xbox One World Tour going on, and it's hitting Dublin on nov 17th (i think). KI should be present at it.

from the 14th - 17th. just looked it up and found this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-30-xbox-one-headed-to-london-dubin-in-75-city-world-tour

2gen wrote: »

I think that's the sane link I saw. Didn't notice the dates at the bottom though, as I only had a quick scan through it.

• Advertisement

Ryan Hart talks about KI3

A lot of info today. MS just had their "Killer Instinct Thursday" stream.

also Max uploaded a sick video going over Killer Instinct's "Dojo Mode". i highly recommend you all to watch this video.

and finally, the DH team accidently showed Orchid for a split second on the character select screen... long enough for people to get still frames of her.

7XwmOxs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Fulgore plz

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Hope tj combo makes the release

Orchid looking a bit like a cyber Xena: Warrior Princess there.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

Fulgore and an ultra combo, satisfied, would love if was on 360 but deposit is down for Xbox one, so Xmas will be so nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Hope tj combo makes the release
    They said a while back that it's launching with six characters: Orchid, Sadira, Thunder, Saberwulf, Glacius and Jago round out that number. 'Season 1' will be expanded with 2 more characters with DLC which are bundled in with the complete package price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    They said a while back that it's launching with six characters: Orchid, Sadira, Thunder, Saberwulf, Glacius and Jago round out that number. 'Season 1' will be expanded with 2 more characters with DLC which are bundled in with the complete package price.
    They're launching with fewer characters than Skullgirls Street Fighter II? :confused: :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They're launching with fewer characters than Skullgirls Street Fighter II? :confused: :pac:

The 7th and 8th character will be available by january and march.
    After that they plan on releasing 8 characters per season (they have already started work on the 2nd season)

A bit of a bummer that it will take a little more time for a bigger roster but I do appreciate the fact each character will be very different and evenly balanced.

• Advertisement

2gen wrote: »
    The 7th and 8th character will be available by january and march.
    After that they plan on releasing 8 characters per season (they have already started work on the 2nd season)

A bit of a bummer that it will take a little more time for a bigger roster but I do appreciate the fact each character will be very different and evenly balanced.

In any fg, I'd rather a small, well done roster than a massive one.

Advertisement