Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

THANKS

AHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

General RAAM

General RAAM Breakdown

According to the KI team, RAAM is supposed to be a "traditional" grappler, as in he doesn't have to rely on the KI combo system to get damage.

And he has FADC, pretty cool

cptlI4h.jpg

Awww yeah

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    cptlI4h.jpg

Awww yeah

Awesome! Is everything running alright? The PC version is ment to be the better of the 2. How's the netcode and are you finding many players online?

Now that you've got the game make sure to check out this guide. It goes through everything you need to know and it's free.

http://ki.infil.net

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

2gen wrote: »
    How's the net code and are you finding many players online?
    The PC xbox app has a problem with obtaining the Teredo Address in the settings.

Once it's sorted out you can find ranked games in 30 seconds with no noticeable lag at all.

This video shows you how to fix it.

PC version is gloriously beautiful. Netcode seemed flawless. Odd slow downs were happening but they were few and far between. Don't know about players, I was just playing with Spriral.

I bought the first two seasons as they were on sale for €15. Got Omen but I'm going to try to learn some other characters too. ^_^

CEO 2016

CEO was a few weeks ago and since I was away at the time I didn't upload KI's Top 8 so I thought I'd do so now. Just like any other KI top 8's there is plenty of character variation. Also Sajam and James Chen provide great commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

What' s the new multiplayer mode for Killer Instinct? I heard, it will be powered by Shadow Lords mode

• Advertisement

Doodleking wrote: »
    What' s the new multiplayer mode for Killer Instinct? I heard, it will be powered by Shadow Lords mode

Shadow Lords is the 1 player mode where you equip your characters with various buffs to change up the gameplay.

The new multiplayer mode will be pretty much a versus version of this where you can equip what ever buffs you've collected in Shadow Lords before you face off against a human opponent.

EVO 2016 Top 8

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3Bicy50d2ltZy5jb20vbWVkaWEvQ25Lazd0UlhFQUEwR1dkLmpwZyJ9.JeXMKajLNdEGfJHDgO0ueQld6Q0.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Top 8 is almost here and will be streamed in the early hours of Sunday (2:00am).

Unfortunately all of top 32 will be missed to make way for the 2 Melee streams running at the same time ...

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/754469417237356544

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

Top 8 Winners
    Hollywood Sleep (Arbitor, ARIA) vs Nicky (Fulgore)
    Paul B (Sabrewulf) vs Bass (Spinal, Cinder)

Top 8 Losers
    Runex (Omen) vs Grief (Sadira)
    GnarlyFeats (Orchid, TJ Combo) vs SeaDragon (ARIA)

All Americans this year, but all really good players.

No Pink Diamond, unsubsribed, disliked, uncommented.

Eyedol Reveal Trailer and Breakdown

Eyedol's Official Trailer

Minor Character Balance
    changes starts at 9:00

Eyedol Breakdown
    at 12:10

EVO 2016 Pools and Top 8

Characters Seen in Top 8
    Fulgore, Arbitor, Sabrewulf, Spinal, Hisako, Omen, ARIA, Sadira, Rash, Orchid, Gargos, Cinder and Jago.

"Rough Sets" with UA Bass

Bass is one of the top KI players and easily the best Spinal player in the community. These sets are from his Youtube channel where he uploads some of his longer sets with other well known players. I thought I'd just leave a few for anyone who wants to see some matches from players who know what they're doing.

Waterhorses is one of the better Glacius players atm.

Rico Suave the 2015 Evo champ playing Eyedol.

More KI Sets

BH Thompxson is currently considered as the best Jago after winning 2 majors in a row (Combo Breaker 2016 and CEO 2016).

Zergkiller is considered the best Aganos. His opponent is the well known Marvel player Coach Steve (Insaynne) who has been picking up KI lately with a character that people haven't seen the full potential of just yet (General RAAM).

Fan favourite Pink Diamond's exhibition match at "Defend the North" last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Sorry for digging up a necro thread for such a silly question but here goes.
    I got KI in cex at the weekend, as well as the one S. I was trying to look at the dlc characters but the store is so badly laid out that is almost impossible to tell what's what regarding characters, skins or a full copy of the game. What bundle(s) will get you the character packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I need to start playing games again.

Advertisement