Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Instinct Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

it is already being looked at, and even if it didnt get patched out (which is highly unlikely) you need Instinct meter (which takes time to build) to pull this off ONCE. then when you start your combo you have to worry about combo breakers.

seriously, after dealing with REAL game breaking unblockables in UMVC3 for two years this is nothing and don't see a reason to worry about this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's a decent set-up but you're using your instinct bar which takes about a round to build. However, you are then open to the same combo breaker rules as anyone else. In a number of situations, that would be a total waste of your instinct meter. If I do break someone after doing this, I'll throw out a good mix-up combo and go for a lock. The longer you keep that player in a combo, the more their freshl-used bar is wasting away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rob2D wrote: »
    Might be of interest to some here.

http://www.ck3.co.uk/cronus_max.html

Or not. These things are notoriously fickle. They break easily and they almost always cause lag on the opponent's inputs if not your own.
    They're banned at most tournaments.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rob2D wrote: »

It all looks good til they boast about the macros for fighting games :(

• Advertisement

Killer Instinct top 8 at NEC 14 for those who missed it and might be interested in watching. the quality isn't the best so i'll most likely replace this link with Spooky's when he finally uploads his own.

how you finish a match as Glacius with swag!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As much as I enjoy the gameplay, the stats system is completely broken. My stats have stopped tracking, which is annoying since alot of the unlocks are based on this.

Also, I tried to play Bush, but you cannot invite anyone into your lobby.A crazy oversight.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy the gameplay, the stats system is completely broken. My stats have stopped tracking, which is annoying since alot of the unlocks are based on this.

Also, I tried to play Bush, but you cannot invite anyone into your lobby.A crazy oversight.

i don't have the console or game yet but i've heard from many people that this is a bit of a common and annoying problem (both the states glitch and invites).

i found this tutorial video that helps with invites in KI. It starts at 5:40. i hope it helps.

at the moment there isn't a lobby system like SF4, but it is on the list of things to come with future seasons/patches of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Maybe it was a nat problem we had. My nat is moderate on xbox one for some reason even though its open on 360

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Maybe it was a nat problem we had. My nat is moderate on xbox one for some reason even though its open on 360

that seems to be another problem thats quite common.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/if-you-are-having-connection-troubles-finding-matches-online-click-here-teredo-address-error.5097/#post-102262

this link is to the Double Helix KI forums and they have a whole discussion for this. check it out, hope it helps.

Some more "Ultra Ender" combos with Glacius. FilthieRich has put out a challenge, who ever creates the best looking Ultra ender combo with Glacius will win a t-shirt, Ultra KI fan book signed by all the staff members and i think a $40 version of the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfab/b/488089416

FilthieRich vs CdJr starting at 01:07:00 (Glacius vs Orchid)
    FilthieRich vs Rico Suave 01:36:00 (Glacius vs Thunder)

some really good matches with sick reads from FilthieRich. Once i find these matches on Youtube i'll edit this post and reupload them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Half the thread posts in here are now 2Gen. It must be sad to be the only guy posting stuff in a thread about a game no one else plays.

Ooh, that reminds me, people will probably need information on Skullgirls Encore in the Skullgirls thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No Xbox One DRM, you say.

No Xbox One DRM, you say.

Kiki strikes again :eek:
    they left the wifi on the console so it stopped the game when the iffy internet disconnected. to prevent this from happening you just keep the wifi off the console. i was watching the stream when it happened so i know.

you might want to double check your sources Kiki before posting or else you're just going to make yourself look silly.

2gen wrote: »
    Kiki strikes again :eek:
    they left the wifi on the console so it stopped the game when the iffy internet disconnected. to prevent this from happening you just keep the wifi off the console. i was watching the stream when it happened so i know.

you might want to double check your sources Kiki before posting or else you're just going to make yourself look silly.

To be fair that's still a silly thing to dump you out of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Kiki strikes again .

This made my morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

iH7BmuDMizGHs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It'll only happen if the profile using the game doesn't actually own the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

RasTa wrote: »
    iH7BmuDMizGHs.gif

Proper laugh out loud there

As inconvenient and silly this may be, this isn't DRM as it was being portrayed as since it can be dealt with. its even explained later in the full archive of the event by Rico Suave. people are over reacting about this due to it happening on the "Xbone".

As inconvenient and silly this may be, this isn't DRM as it was being portrayed as since it can be dealt with. its even explained later in the full archive of the event by Rico Suave. people are over reacting about this due to it happening on the "Xbone".

People might be but I'm not- Many is the time I've needed to tether a 360 to authorise a game on it at a tournament with my phone.

I'm NOT interested in having a machine constantly accessing a network via my phone though :/

People might be but I'm not- Many is the time I've needed to tether a 360 to authorise a game on it at a tournament with my phone.

I'm NOT interested in having a machine constantly accessing a network via my phone though :/

What's the solution? Carte blanche license to use the game with any profile or console in any scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Orim wrote: »
    What's the solution? Carte blanche license to use the game with any profile or console in any scenario?
    PS3 lets you use a downloaded game with any profile.

On two consoles.

Seriously Kiki, don't make this thread another console war thread. there are enough as it is on the net.

Orim wrote: »

An online check once when you start the game was good enough for 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Seriously Kiki, don't make this thread another console war thread. there are enough as it is on the net.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Advertisement

Arturo explains everything.

Advertisement