Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

ahh, mymo, I am sure Isabelle loves you too. But you are so busy looking after you daughter and by virtue of that has more time to cuddle Isabelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I put a sweeping brush over my dogs ball today and he started leaning back and pouncing at it like a cat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I know Cream likes pumpkins but this is ridiculous.. I am growing pumpkins to sell coming up to Halloween, some are absolutely gigantic, others about the size of an apple. Cream managed to rip one of the apple sized ones from it's stalk and spend ages trying to dig it open. He came marching out of the green house so proudly with the pumpkin stalk in his mouth, dragging behind the pumpkin as if he was taking it for a walk! He then went into the bushes in the orchard with it and the pumpkin is now missing... I would love to see him take on the giant ones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix and Poppy bumped noses this morning, makes a change from the hissing and growling at each other:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

My oldest guinea pig, Xander, passed a bladder stone at the vet's yesterday. It was at least the size of a kidney bean! The poor man! He hadn't even been in bad form or off his food; I only took him to the vet because I thought the lump was a tumour. But he barely even cried, he was great! I can't imagine how painful it must have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Isabelle the new kitten bumped noses with jake earlier, but then slapped him!
    He just backed off and got in the dogs bed.
    Isabelle also head butted Oliver, progress is being made, if I could just stop the dogs running over every time she growls at Toby, I think they might even be able to sit in the same room in the evenings.
    Kitten is smart, retreats to her room (previously daughter room, but izzy, has claimed it now, bed an all) when scared. But so far things are going well.

Picked up three foster kittens yesterday. My cats watched from afar, disappearing to bedrooms for the entire day yesterday and also today until about half hour ago when my little boy came into living room and jumped up on me purring away (mind you the three kittens are asleep in the next room) but it was like him sort of saying it is ok, I still love you. Worry over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

mymo wrote: »
    Didn't make me smile, but made my daughter laugh...
    Kitten (Isabelle we think) loves daughter, sits on or beside her purring all the time.
    So, daughter hands her to me to go upstairs, before she reached first step kitten was at her feet. So we try again, but every time she can't see daughter, she runs after her!
    Even waited outside the shower!
    Kitty doesn't love me! :(
    I'm putting it down to the fact daughter is like my dad, they are always hot, her temp is a degree or two above normal, always!
    Cats love them both.
    Toby follows me around like that. It can be very trying though. I can't leave the room for a few minutes without him following me, if I'm upstairs he will call and call me then run upstairs, if I'm out I've to open the front door very slowly coming home as he'd be right up against the door. Still love him to bits though. They just bond with 1 person more than others I suppose.

Toby and Jazzy are more affectionate with me than with my husband and Felix and Poppy adore my husband.

Ok, I was wrong about the quiet cuddle monster of a kitten we got...
    Isabelle is nuts!
    She killed 3 spiders and a toilet roll yesterday, ran around chirruping at everyone, up and down stairs like an elephant, leaping fearlessly from sofa to window and back.
    Obviously she's just been sussing us out up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

The other night himself and I were watching some TV in bed and Frodo was camped out inbetween us. Now we dont allow him to sleep in the room so when we were ready to go to sleep himself got up and opened the door to let Frodo out. No word of the dog moving, tucked his head further into the blanked and pretended (I crap you not) to be asleep.

Eventually after much coercing from the OH the dog got up, sighed and stretched and moved. But only to the bottom of the bed when he lay down again throwing all sorts of doe eyes at the OH and myself.

Cue more coercing from the OH and a lot of unhelpful laughing from me and he got up did another stretch and jumped down off the bed. Normally before he heads to bed each night the OH 'shakes' his paw and gives him a bit of a rub so there he was waiting at the door for the dog to stop on his way past for the nightly ritual. Not a bit of it! Frodo saunters past him without even looking at him and gets to the other side of the door before sitting down right at it and throwing more doeful eyes.

I dont get how some people think pets have no real personalities for Frodo and his had me in fits of giggles!! I'd almost feel sorry for him if for one second I didnt think he knew fine rightly what he was at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

that is so cute!
    Our dogs pull this stunt on a regular basis.
    You have to have a very hard heart to throw the poor babies out of your bed into the cold/dark/lonely/scary <insert dogs usual sleeping place>!!!

Once when my husband was away I decided to let them stay in the bed - lasted a couple of hours - snoring, twitching, moving, farting, moaning, too hot up/downing - soon ended up back in their own beds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

brrabus wrote: »
    My little girl Sassy (cat) would not come out of the kennel when I had the door wide open for her because of the rain. Kennel is three foot from the door. Her little face just kept staring at me, as if to say "how dare you not come out with a throw to shield me from this nasty wet stuff". Rain subsided and there she was washing the patio door with her paws.

We had a cat once and one day we opened the front door for her to go out. She was all set to go until she saw the rain, promptly changed her mind...and went and sat at the back door to see if the weather was better there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

That was it exactly. Total 'how can you do this to me' looks. Chancer. He knows fine rightly we have caved in once or twice and brought his bed up and let him sleep at the bottom of ours so i'd say he was hoping we would give in.

Was lying like a person and everything in between us, on his back, front paws tucked under his chin and back legs spread eagled. Comfortable as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I have taught my jack russel, Moone, how to "get sticks for the fire". She'll run into the kitchen, pick up a stick and run back to the sitting room and drop it on the floor. After the 3rd stick she came running back to the sitting room with a dentastix she robbed out of the pet food basket instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

two of mine took the bed out of the kennell and sunned themselves in the sun, when that game was over - they decided to tear the mattress apart! laugh - I nearly cried

• Registered Users Posts: 2 grego87

My Cat Marley played with my friends Lab Ziggy, was soooooooo cute :) I posted a vid of it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-mP5TCZ9X0&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Phoenix just fell off the couch, almost knocked the glasses off the coffee table, rolled under the coffee table and got stuck there like a beetle.

Awwww, poor Phoenix...
    But it sounds hilarious!

Have the foster kittens a week now and today my boy, Feebs, allowed one of them to snuggle up on him and fall asleep. It was so sweet. He is a great fella, so patient unlike his sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My 11 year old dog got hold of a piece of paper I'd rolled up in a ball to throw out, and ripped it to shreds and got the shreds all over the house... I know it was a bit bold but he hasn't played like that in a few years so it made me smile to see it!

• Advertisement

Brrabus, I'll take them both :D
    Lovely pic, sooo cute.

Kitten here just seems to want to slap everyone, Oliver turns his face away if she approaches and it's sad, he really wants to play with her, he gazes at her and wages his tail, but she keeps slapping him!
    Thankfully she doesn't use claws, I know I got a slap in the face earlier! Made me laugh, it came out of the blue and she was raising the paw for another!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dude has gotten into giving us very intense 'hugs'. He's always been a kneader and suckler, but lately he is sitting up on myself or my mothers chests, one paw either side of our necks and he kneads and nuzzles his face into our faces. While this all sounds so sweet and lovely (which it is!) he is also a serial drooler. My Tshirt is always drenched after one of these snuggle sessions! But it's worth it for my baby boy! Also, Peach FINALLY likes him! I caught her grooming him last night :)

And this didn't make me smile, more like cringe and cry, but it made my mother laugh hysterically. Cream was sitting on my lap this morning in bed, I went to rub his whisker pad, but he didn't notice my hand coming towards him and startled when I touched him, which made me go 'ah jaysus', which made him jump about a foot into the air while using my leg for leverage..
    Outcome attached in the second picture.. :pac:

Ouch :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭freesia1

My cat has just started fetching the ball for us and bringing it back and dropping it in our hands for us to throw it again. I only thought dogs done that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

freesia1 wrote: »
    My cat has just started fetching the ball for us and bringing it back and dropping it in our hands for us to throw it again. I only thought dogs done that.:D

That's so sweet. :) Do you have a dog too, maybe he's copying. Our cat will sit for a bit of ham because he saw the dog doing it.

No Murria , I dont have a dog . She was born in may and we got her 7 weeks ago from cats aid . We play alot with her, but this is so funny and unusual.

One of our previous cats used to do that with a rubber. She would drop it at your feet and if you ignored her she would pick it up and put it in your lap. It was so sweet, you have a right cute monster there.

brrabus wrote: »
    One of our previous cats used to do that with a rubber. She would drop it at your feet and if you ignored her she would pick it up and put it in your lap. It was so sweet, you have a right cute monster there.[

She's a cutee alright .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

TG1 wrote: »
    My 11 year old dog got hold of a piece of paper I'd rolled up in a ball to throw out, and ripped it to shreds and got the shreds all over the house... I know it was a bit bold but he hasn't played like that in a few years so it made me smile to see it!

my 15 year old will do something playful like this occassionally - its lovely!
    This a.m someone pee'd on the 'best' carpet - so off I went with my spray and paper towels - and shouted 'Who did this???' as I cleaned it up - looked up to see two very guilty looking dogs, tails down - you couldnt be mad at them for long - assume it was the elderly one, but what the heck was the other fool looking guilty about?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Long time ago but when my cat had kittens, we let her sleep in a box in the spare room with them for some peace and quiet. She used to bring them into the sitting room one by one and drop them at my feet and then leave...clearly not liking this motherhood thing!

Advertisement