Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I had some friends come by to visit with their dogs, so we all went out to my field to let them play. I have huskies, and one of the dogs that came was a Westie, I was a bit concerned that my dogs would see a small fluffy snack, but they all just said hello and then ignored him, except for Rooney who fell head over heels in love and followed Murphy everywhere in the field. He would get told off, so back off to a safe distance, but then keep shadowing him to make sure he was safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was in our bedroom playing with Toby and Poppy with the Da Bird toy. Toby, who is generally the other cats whipping boy, grabbed it in his mouth and started some serious growling at her. Def a 'my bird and I'll fight ya for it' growling:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Herself was never one for cuddles and prolonged periods of affection, but by jaysus approaching, and then turning, 10 years old has really changed this! Every day when I come in the door, she comes over to me all wriggly for hugs and to have her bum smacked (don't ask!!!). Today she licked my face several times as well (she never licks!) before grabbing an umbrella from the porch and trotting down the hall to announce to everyone that I was here (by growling and muffled rurring). She always does the umbrella thing, but it just gets cuter and cuter every time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Herself was never one for cuddles and prolonged periods of affection, but by jaysus approaching, and then turning, 10 years old has really changed this! Every day when I come in the door, she comes over to me all wriggly for hugs and to have her bum smacked (don't ask!!!). Today she licked my face several times as well (she never licks!) before grabbing an umbrella from the porch and trotting down the hall to announce to everyone that I was here (by growling and muffled rurring). She always does the umbrella thing, but it just gets cuter and cuter every time :D

:D

We took the pet gate off the room Poppy's been in and put Jazzy's bed back under the radiator in there, it was his favourite place in the house til Poppy needed it as a safe room. He's all curled up in his basket now, he reminds me of Scrat from Ice Age with his acorn:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was at home at lunchtime. Took Rufus out the back to throw some ball for him. He was clearly not that interested as he went over to a corner where loads of leaves have fallen and wanted to bury the ball. His only problem though was I was watching. So his tail is going 90 (I reckon it could actually generate power), he would make a little area, look around and "damn it, he is still looking.....maybe if I just stand here for a while longer staring back at him with my tail wagging even faster he might go away".

The ball didn't get buried. This time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was away at my friends house on Monday night, when I got home my Mam was telling me what Dude did.. normally when I'm home I'm the sole focus of his attention as I'm his mammy and he apparently adores me, but without me there, his 'Granny' had to do! He launched himself at her, landing 4 paws straight on her stomach, sat on her and kept tapping her on the chest. She couldn't figure out what he wanted, but eventually realized he wanted her to slouch down on the chair like I do. So she slouched down, and he proceeded to wrap his paws around her neck in a big hug, nuzzle in underneath her chin and knead the back of her neck while drooling all over the place. I don't think she was too impressed by intense Dude hugs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

I Got bert 2 weeks ago,
    He's a collie lab cross,
    he's got sit, lie, and "amach" down, today he got his first "rollover"! :D
    when he stops pooing on the patio i'll smile for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

c-note wrote: »
    I Got bert 2 weeks ago,
    He's a collie lab cross,
    he's got sit, lie, and "amach" down, today he got his first "rollover"! :D
    when he stops pooing on the patio i'll smile for a week!

Photos??
    With a Lab/Collie cross he should be very quick to learn. "Rollover" is a tough one - thats submissive pose, wonder if thats why - one of my dogs hates doing it, and does it so fast you could easily miss it 8-) (and no we dont ask him to do it - he 'volunteers' when the choccy drops are being dished out!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

Don't know if this'll work, linked from FB

1399685_10201617031924302_1428185988_o.jpg
    1401250_10201617030084256_512924574_o.jpg

Yeah i'm guessing rollover isn't one of his favourites, I'm finding it hard to teach, because he knows theres a treat involved and he gets too excited!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Pabmac

c-note bert is gorgeous :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

yes, he is really lovely - and great name too - looks like hes got big knees - he'll be big you think? Lovely mix of the two breeds.

• Site Banned Posts: 4 frank_drebin

I have a bulldog , today he walked in between two couches and it looked like he had his head wedged between the two chairs , made his face look even more squished up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not so much today in particular, more like every day! Our little one sleeps in the bed with us, until at some unknown point in the night it gets too warm so she migrates to the sofa. When I wake and stumble into the kitchen to make a coffee, she's there on the sofa looking at me with sleepy little eyes. She likes to be picked up, cradled like a baby (I kid you not) and brought back into the bedroom to snuggle up beside my OH, who gets an extra ten minutes in bed :D If I deviate from the ritual it leaves them both very confused for the rest of the day! :rolleyes:

I heard suspicious noises coming from upstairs. Caught Cream photocopying his feet. I don't even know whats going on anymore!

feet_zpse89c6232.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

I heard suspicious noises coming from upstairs. Caught Cream photocopying his feet. I don't even know whats going on anymore!

Spooky, that time of year. Weird picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My youngest daughter has a disability - life threatening. She comes home from school every day on a bus. It makes a warning sound as it reverses.

Today I was half asleep due to a nasty cold when I felt two little feet pawing at me. My daughter's favourite little terrier pal was trying to tell me the bus was outside.

The look of pure excitement on the dogs face! She does not see disability or difference. She just sees her 6 year old friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Haha SMX, that's priceless! :D

The raggedy little pup I rescued three weeks ago officially became a member of the family today as he's now microchipped to my dad and has had his first vaccination. :) He gained two and three-quarter kilos in three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

muddypaws wrote: »
    I had some friends come by to visit with their dogs, so we all went out to my field to let them play. I have huskies, and one of the dogs that came was a Westie, I was a bit concerned that my dogs would see a small fluffy snack, but they all just said hello and then ignored him, except for Rooney who fell head over heels in love and followed Murphy everywhere in the field. He would get told off, so back off to a safe distance, but then keep shadowing him to make sure he was safe.

Westies have no fear, and the spirit of great danes

My one happily runs around with a Huskey and will snap when she gets too rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

This is my girlie Tilly:
    9517966b-6ec1-47ca-a533-63be1ae608f2.jpg

She was diagnosed with uterine cancer around a year ago and I thought I was going to lose her pretty quickly because she was too old for surgery. However she rallied around during the summer and the vet even said he thought her tumour had reduced in size. Yay! The last few weeks, though, I've noticed her sleeping a lot more and her weight has been plummetting, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll have her. But what made me smile (yes, there are smiles coming from the story) is that I started supplementing her dry food with porridge oats and her weight has actually gone up for the first time in about six weeks. Yay! She's still the friendliest piggy I have and has a really cheerful demeanour so I hope I can keep her as comfortable as possible.

• Advertisement

I fed our cats at 6am and went back to bed. Came down later on and found a jacket potato skin from last nights dinner at the base of the giant scratching post in the kitchen, Poppy had gone into the bowl of scraps for the birds and retrieved it for herself.

Jazzy and Poppy seem to love playing together in the morning, he was showing off for her in our room this morning with a new game, which is jumping up on our chest of drawers, climbing down behind it and pushing the drawers open from behind while balancing himself between the wall and the chest of drawers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

She's gorgeous, Vojera. I give my elderly ratty Nutrical paste every day, to help keep his weight on. It's basically just a high-energy malty formula with a high oil content plus vits and minerals. Wonder if you can give it to piggies?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Not really a pet but cute anyway :

boomerang wrote: »
    Haha SMX, that's priceless! :D

The raggedy little pup I rescued three weeks ago officially became a member of the family today as he's now microchipped to my dad and has had his first vaccination. :) He gained two and three-quarter kilos in three weeks!

Any pics of the raggedy little pup?:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Last night, osky standing at the top of the stairs and barking excitedly to welcome me home :)
    He knows I always go straight upstairs to drop my stuff in the bedroom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

My 1st puppy in 27 years is asleep at my feet. Do tears of happiness count as making me smile :o

Poppy had a snooze on my lap today, that's the first time she's sat on my lap:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

My three little foster babies (8 weeks old) went to their new furever homes today. Made me smile but also brought a tear to my eye. They have gone to some very lovely families who fell in love with them the moment they saw them, so happy that they will be having lots of hugs and cuddles ahead of them. Going to miss them loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

oldyouth wrote: »
    My 1st puppy in 27 years is asleep at my feet. Do tears of happiness count as making me smile :o

Trying to add a pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My new kitten called Pangur (who arrived yesterday) is using the litter tray and cuddling and purring and playing (after some nerves the first little while yesterday).

My heart might just explode with the emotion of it all!

Advertisement