Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

We had a moment on Saturday, sitting looking out to sea. She sat on my lap and I rested my chin on her head. It was a beautiful day. I thought about how much we have changed each other's lives. She helped me to get through the death of my dog, even though I didn't want to love her, she just kept pushing her way into my heart. And I helped her too. When I found her she was running through traffic on the long mile road, terrified. Skinny, dirty, alone and unloved. Then we got to experience this beautiful moment together, just the two of us, and think about how far we've both come. (Well ok fine, she was probably thinking about dinner but let me indulge in humanising her a little!) :P

Also, she runs along the beach barking at the waves like a lunatic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I found a tiny black kitten in the driveway - clearly abandoned and very distressed, yowling her head off, almost a week ago. She also had a very bad eye infection which I took her to the vet for, it's an eye ulcer that got too deep, and her right eye has ruptured and become infected. Thanks to the meds the vet gave me, the infection's clearing up, but she will be blind in the right eye, and it may even have to be removed... (I'll find out this week). She's a pretty little thing in spite of this.

She played like a loon with a ball for the first time yesterday, at last a lively kitten and not the frightened little bundle I saw last Monday night. It was delightful to watch.

(I called her Murphy. She's black, from Cork and likes to hide in my drinks cabinet!)

She made me laugh this evening when I saw her unable to make up her mind between bed (temporary shoebox while her other one dries out because she weed on it and I had to wash it...) and food....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

My OH is gone for the night, so both my girls are curled up on the bed with me. This never ever happens, usually Poppy's too much of a green eyed woof to even allow Cinnamon to think about bed hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Kayla normally sleeps at the end of my bed, she is NOT a cuddler at night. Last night, instead of flopping down against the footboard amongst her pillows as usual, she stayed sitting up, watching me. It's a little unusual for her. As it was a pretty cold night last night in my house I spent a few minutes arranging my pillows into a comfy little pillow fort thing for myself (as y'do), with Kayla watching me the whole time. As soon as I lay down and turned off the light, she came straight up to join me in my pillow fort thing and tucked herself under my arm for a snuggle :D it was freakin adorable, think she had pillow fort envy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Josef, the younger one of my two Toms hanging in the curtains this morning..upside down :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rufus got his cones taken off the other day. We took him for a walk straight away. He bolted off like a loaded spring. Dont think he stopped sprinting for about 30 minutes. Then his friend Jake, a chocolate Lab, happened upon us, then the two of them chased and wrestled and slobbered and chased and barked and tackled and slobbered even more.

When they were done, he trotted over to us and sat down to be leaded up. Delighted he was back in the game. Went home, he curled up, out like a light and that was it until Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Jasper isn't too happy about his new 'sister' having his room. Mr P is on nightshift this week and its chilly here. He's been sleeping with me at night and my husband during the day. I was woken in the early hours this morning when Felix found him on the bed and decided he didn't even want him in the room.

I wondered why Jazzy kept prodding me in the back, the bedroom door had gotten shut some how and he couldn't escape from Felix, who was guarding the door with an evil glint in his eye. Toby keeps trying to stay on our bed, we can't let him or Felix would destroy him when he found him there:eek:. Mr P went to lift Toby off the bed the other morning and he was making bitey sounds at him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My mom let the cats into my room this morning while I was still asleep, so I woke up to Dude kneading my face and Cream nuzzling my arm so I would let him under the duvet :) peach just sat at the door giving the boys a dirty look for getting to the bed first :D

My mom let the cats into my room this morning while I was still asleep, so I woke up to Dude kneading my face and Cream nuzzling my arm so I would let him under the duvet :) peach just sat at the door giving the boys a dirty look for getting to the bed first :D
    I love your pets names!

Jazzy and Toby are finally sharing the sofa. Jazzy has always slept on the left side of the sofa and Toby likes to sleep on the right side. Perfect you'd think, but no, Jazzy decided he didn't like the newcomer being on the sofa, so he'd whack him on the head and run off in a strop. Right now they are sharing the sofa, for the first time that we know of, each on their respective sides, peace is restored:):D

• Advertisement

Jazzy and Toby are finally sharing the sofa. Jazzy has always slept on the left side of the sofa and Toby likes to sleep on the right side. Perfect you'd think, but no, Jazzy decided he didn't like the newcomer being on the sofa, so he'd whack him on the head and run off in a strop. Right now they are sharing the sofa, for the first time that we know of, each on their respective sides, peace is restored:):D

lol :D Love watching cats play fighting. They do this hilarious thing where they go up on their hind legs and play slow motion "air boxing" :P

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    lol :D Love watching cats play fighting. They do this hilarious thing where they go up on their hind legs and play slow motion "air boxing" :P

Sadly there's no play fighting with ours, it's just a whack and a glare that says 'if she wasn't watching I'd have you mate':D

Running around barking like a lunatic every time Dublin scored :P (I guess it was a response to us shouting and roaring at the TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Trudy, who normally is a disgrace to the labrador race, carried a found burger on a 4 mile walk, without ever dropping it or even stopping for a drink, then shared it with Rex our neighbour's terrier. I expected her to gobble it up as she's a true dustbin and will go our of her way to eat anything edible on our walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Luna was on day 4 of being sick with gastroenteritis. It made for a very lethargic and unhappy girl but this morning she bounced down the stairs to meet me, ate all her breakfast and didn't vomit. I was so happy to see her well again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

We did something completely out of character and entered our kitten Gryphon into a local cat show in the Household Pet Kitten category. Today was the first day (the show lasts for 2 days), and there are 6 rings, so the kittens visit each ring once and have 6 chances to win Best Kitten. We'd never ever done anything like this before but he's just got such a sweet demeanor we thought he might enjoy it. We were just hoping he wouldn't finish last every time.

Well, he won his first 2 rings! I couldn't believe it, I was shocked! He was up against some more unique, prettier kittens. But he was just cute and playful as a button, and that won the judges over. After that he decided it was nap time, so the playfulness and cuteness took a nose dive, but he still managed no last place finishes. We're very shocked and delighted pet owners! He gets to take home a big ribbon tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My youngest dog has always had a 'teddy'. He carries this rag that used to be a stuffed toy around all day. He brings it with him to our bed. He loves it! (Its replaced on a regular basis from charity shops; he doesnt care - shreds it, then carries it around and shows it to everyone who comes to the house)
    Anyway!
    Oldest dog used to have a 'teddy' too. Then youngest dog arrived and oldest dog never got any peace with his 'teddy', so he gave up on it :(
    Twice lately, when 'teddy' was left unattended, oldest dog picks it up, wanders about with it for a while, then 'sneaks' outdoors with it, and hides the 'teddy' outside, under a hedge/bush - REALLY hides it :rolleyes:. Then trots back in to the house, if he could be smiling he would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Our Oliver has a teddy too, well it was a slipper shaped like snoopy that got to small for my daughter, she gave it to him the day we got him, he had the pair, but one suffered badly after being left in the snow.
    Five years on and he still loves his slipper, he likes soft toys in general, but his slipper is the one he takes to bed, dread to think what he'd do if anything happened to it.

He's barking at me all morning to be let in to see the kitten, he keeps licking her and trying to get her to play, she is not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Token is my loyal Bee-hound! When she sees me trying to whoosh bees, wasps or flies out of the house, she joins in by jumping up, trying to catch them, and mostly barking them out the door/window. Things get pretty loud around our place when a bee enters the room! :)

Dog lying between the OH and myself, having little whimpering dreams, then started growling and yipping. OH sits up in bed and says, "swear to God even in her sleeeeeep that dooooooog is bold!" lol, doggie dreams are super cute :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was watching a youtube video on my phone yesterday evening and it just set my dog off barking at it incessantly until it was over. As if it was bothering him. Or he was singing along.

The video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTIGg3I5y8

Toby and Jazzy shared the bed with me last night with only a bit of glaring from Jazzy at Toby and serious tail swishing from Toby at Jazzy, no hissy spitty growly business. I had one either side of my feet. They both vanished off and I woke up with Felix on my husbands side of the bed, I didn't even hear him jump on the bed.

Poppy has taken to sleeping on the spare bed during the day, she's sleeping snuggled up to a top I wore today:), later in the evenings she goes and sleeps in Jazzys bed in our room, and he lets her:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Wee dance at back door, all panicky "I NEED TO GO NOW!!!" face. Until I opened the door and he saw the rain. I've never seen panic subside as quickly.

Whispered wrote: »
    Wee dance at back door, all panicky "I NEED TO GO NOW!!!" face. Until I opened the door and he saw the rain. I've never seen panic subside as quickly.

Everyone has been quite today, hoping not to be put out is my guess.
    I took dogs walking and the look on Tiffi's face, she stood shivering, giving me the beaten dog look, I'm sure you know the one, had to turn back after 5 mins, at least Oliver got a short run while she begged for mercy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

My little girl Sassy (cat) would not come out of the kennel when I had the door wide open for her because of the rain. Kennel is three foot from the door. Her little face just kept staring at me, as if to say "how dare you not come out with a throw to shield me from this nasty wet stuff". Rain subsided and there she was washing the patio door with her paws.

They're funny with the rain(cats):D Some days mine arrive home soaked and unfazed other days they want to sit with the door open looking out at it. Toby was soaked yesterday, he still won't push the flap open, I think he's afraid the other 2 chaps will ambush him coming in. He just sits out there looking in it or sleeps in a plant pot until we get up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

When we first got dude back from the fosterer she gave us a blanket to go home with him, which he cuddles, kneads and suckles every night. I found the exact same blanket in deals today, as his old one was smelly and full of drool but we couldn't take it off him to wash it. He's so happy with sucky mk 2 that he is currently lying on my face!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Mental puppy is scampering around the house so fast she's skidding on the wooden floors :D:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/blueywolf/2013-10-02210314_zpsa1c8d651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

When we first got dude back from the fosterer she gave us a blanket to go home with him, which he cuddles, kneads and suckles every night. I found the exact same blanket in deals today, as his old one was smelly and full of drool but we couldn't take it off him to wash it. He's so happy with sucky mk 2 that he is currently lying on my face!

My little fella does the sucky think too, but only if I am wearing it. His fav is my PJ's, I suffer many a wet patch. Did it from day one of getting him, still does it now 8 years later.

• Advertisement

Didn't make me smile, but made my daughter laugh...
    Kitten (Isabelle we think) loves daughter, sits on or beside her purring all the time.
    So, daughter hands her to me to go upstairs, before she reached first step kitten was at her feet. So we try again, but every time she can't see daughter, she runs after her!
    Even waited outside the shower!
    Kitty doesn't love me! :(
    I'm putting it down to the fact daughter is like my dad, they are always hot, her temp is a degree or two above normal, always!
    Cats love them both.

Advertisement