Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

boomerang wrote: »
    She's gorgeous, Vojera. I give my elderly ratty Nutrical paste every day, to help keep his weight on. It's basically just a high-energy malty formula with a high oil content plus vits and minerals. Wonder if you can give it to piggies?
    I'm not sure but I'll look it up. Thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Me and my puppy(i can't stop calling him that, he's 15mths) just had a lovely walk because he didn't pull me around like he normally does, nice loose lead. Its the simple things in life :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

oldyouth wrote: »
    My 1st puppy in 27 years is asleep at my feet. Do tears of happiness count as making me smile :o

YES!
    Chocolate Lab?
    Hes SOOOOO gorgeous, you'll be doing a LOT of smiling!!
    What have you called him/her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

aonb wrote: »
    YES!
    Chocolate Lab?
    Hes SOOOOO gorgeous, you'll be doing a LOT of smiling!!
    What have you called him/her?

He' s chocolate lab mixed with whatever got over the wall. I got him from the rescue centre, so we're not too sure. The majority opinion is that is might be a springer. That pic is from the day I got him at 8 weeks. He is now 3 months old and GROWN considerably. His name is Bodie (which was a dog I had as a chap)

I took another picture of him today, just as I was explaining to him that dinner would be an hour later today because of the clocks going back. Not impressed as you can see

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Old Youth he is adorable. I would have just had to give him that dinner regardless of the time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream's weird taste in food continues, I spilled baked beans on the floor and as I was going to get something to clean it up, he had them gone. In about 3 seconds. Now he's bouncing off the walls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Cream's weird taste in food continues, I spilled baked beans on the floor and as I was going to get something to clean it up, he had them gone. In about 3 seconds. Now he's bouncing off the walls!

Forecast says it will be windy tonight :p

oldyouth wrote: »
    Forecast says it will be windy tonight :p

It's already started.. I think I'll need a nose plug!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's already started.. I think I'll need a nose plug!
    Nothing worse than cat farts! Mine always seems to know when to cause maximum disruption with her bum!

Cream showed no ill effects after his baked bean feast, but the little fusspot was very funny with dinner today. I cooked steaks for me and my dad, his incinerated to a crisp and mine nice and rare. Cream point blank refused the incinerated one but devoured the rare one and is still begging for more! He has good taste, or just likes blood :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We had a chap in fixing our Upc box today and seeing the reactions of our 4 cats was funny. Jazzy and Poppy hid upstairs, Toby stayed on his chair in the kitchen and the chap had to step over Felix, who just plonked himself in the middle of the door:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

My new kitten called Pangur (who arrived yesterday) is using the litter tray and cuddling and purring and playing (after some nerves the first little while yesterday).

My heart might just explode with the emotion of it all!

a) PICS!!

b) We've a new kitten too. It's been a bit rocky getting himself and the resident cat, Swanson to get along but I just spotted Swanson giving him a good face licking! :D

https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1383199_10153306395755361_1016006599_n.jpg Davy Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

From nowhere the sound of Johnny Cash started playing in our kitchen, we were all looking for phones and iPods and realised Toffee, our 14 year old cat was sitting up on the island with very wide eyes. We found my iPhone underneath him, now I can't figure out how he managed to to slide the screen or double press the button and then turn on the music. Fourteen years and I never knew he liked Johnny Cash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I brought my dog Jack to the groomers today. He's short haired but I always reckon it's no harm for him to have a freshening up, not to mention being handled by different people is always good for him. He tends to bark when he's anxious or surprised or in new situations and when he was younger, he was like that kid in the supermarket who just will not calm down. Anyway, I've noticed that without the other two for moral support he's not as loud so he goes to the vets and groomers solo these days.

So anyway, I told the groomer that he might bark but that he was all talk and she said that was fine. When I went to collect him an hour later, I asked how he'd gotten on and she said there wasn't a peep out of him the entire time. In fact, he'd been so relaxed that he fell asleep in the dryer and had only woken up a few minutes beforehand!

I nearly got sick laughing but it stands to reason. If you make a fire or let him snuggle under a blanket, he's out for the count. I'm sure a dryer was like a spa day to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Whilst looking for her usual playtime and bored because it was an awful wet afternoon, my girl put her paw up for pets but hit my touch phone which was opened on boards.ie and managed to launch the Animal and Pet issues forum ( she's very clever).

She did get her walk despite the less than clement weather!

I thought Cream was playing with one of his conkers or hazelnuts as I could hear him batting something around the place... Apparently I dropped a lump of coal when I was setting the fire because he is having a great game with it and has filthy black paws!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

The smoke alarm in our apartment is crazy sensitive. I was cooking a chicken and when I opened the oven to check it of course the alarm went off. Moved a chair to the hall and Stood up on it and turned the alarm off. I went back to cooking. Then I wondered where the cat was...

EBFC1A25-069B-4BDB-8D1A-41ED995121C3-213-00000011A2EB0E84_zpsd442346b.jpg

72012746-F6A8-4469-B8F1-7458ED673FE9-213-00000011280D6CBB_zps5367769f.jpg

I was watching the new John Lewis christmas ad, the Hare and the Bear earlier on on Youtube. Anyways, I got all teary eyed, I get weepy at happy things, I'm a bit weird like that, but Poppy gave me a snuggle from the back of the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Had to share this!
    A few weekends ago we got a cat bed which has gone largely unused. So the other night, I put it at the end of my bed, since that's where my kitten, Gryphon likes to sleep. And last night he curled up in it, so I was really happy!

Well, I woke up this morning, and he had dragged the bed all the way from the end of my bed up to my head. And all of his stuffed toys were on the bed. Oh Gryphon!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Had to share this!
    A few weekends ago we got a cat bed which has gone largely unused. So the other night, I put it at the end of my bed, since that's where my kitten, Gryphon likes to sleep. And last night he curled up in it, so I was really happy!

Well, I woke up this morning, and he had dragged the bed all the way from the end of my bed up to my head. And all of his stuffed toys were on the bed. Oh Gryphon!

I've spent probably hundreds on cat beds over the years and they're rarely used. One cat likes to sleep in a box of old teddy bears in my spare room, whilst the other one's current bed of choice is a cardboard box that I left in the corner of the kitchen for recycling. It's been there for weeks and I haven't the heart to throw it out on him at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My cats have their own house to sleep in at night as they dont get on with my parents cats (that should really say, "my cats are spoiled little monsters and like to gang up on and attack my mums two timid little moggies"). There's no heating it it so I have an IR lamp hanging above their beds thats on a timer. The other evening I happened to be there when the timer went on and they ran into bed like the clappers to snuggle down under the lamp! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My lady is new (only here two weeks) and slept in the wok on top on the microwaves where I keep the teatowels for a few days earlier this week.

I removed the teatowels, washed them and put them elsewhere, and it doesn't seem as attractive now! She's back to the kitchen table (which she's not allowed on, but naturally sleeps there all night).

20 euro bed that I'd sleep in myself if I was small enough, and she hasn't an interest that was known or seen.

I'm starting to understand the concept of being 'owned' by a cat (woudn't change her for the world though, she's here on my knee purring like a train while I work, the best thing that ever happened to me).

My lady is new (only here two weeks) and slept in the wok on top on the microwaves where I keep the teatowels for a few days earlier this week.

I removed the teatowels, washed them and put them elsewhere, and it doesn't seem as attractive now! She's back to the kitchen table (which she's not allowed on, but naturally sleeps there all night).

20 euro bed that I'd sleep in myself if I was small enough, and she hasn't an interest that was known or seen.

I'm starting to understand the concept of being 'owned' by a cat (woudn't change her for the world though, she's here on my knee purring like a train while I work, the best thing that ever happened to me).
    I put Felix's cat bed on the kitchen table one evening during the Summer while I mopped the floor. Of course he's been sleeping in it most nights since then. Good job we don't really use the kitchen table. He's enjoying it even more since the heats been on and the radiator is inches from the kitchen table:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Text message from my OH today:
    Walked into our room and all 3 kids were on the bed together. One happy family

Max basically never ventures upstairs, and Cinnamon and Poppy barely ever settle down in the same general area. Really wish I'd seen them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Text message from my OH today:
    Walked into our room and all 3 kids were on the bed together. One happy family

Max basically never ventures upstairs, and Cinnamon and Poppy barely ever settle down in the same general area. Really wish I'd seen them!

He should have sent you a picture message!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

angelfire9 wrote: »
    He should have sent you a picture message!

Max ran away when he went into the room :( :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

My Gizmo just let me know, as he always does, when the cat is waiting at the door to come in.

Popey (the cat) never stays out at night, but these days I know with the chilly evenings that he won't be staying out longer than needed, so he gets to sneak out for a breather.
    I don't worry anymore about pulling the curtains (and not seeing him doing the silent miaow to come in), because Gizmo never fails to let me know he's behind the door.
    Thank you Gizgiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭freethink3r

My kitten Henry got himself stuck in our laundry basket.

It's one of those semi-see-through ones that you fold closed and then when you pull diagonally it snaps outwards into shape again. He was jumping at it to see what was inside and he managed to make it fold inwards on him o_o

Heard a meow coming from upstairs, went up. There's Henry compressed into a little ginger pancake lying on the floor, purring like a moron and unable to move, his fur sprouting out of the tiny holes.

He's always getting himself into predicaments. Last week he managed to get a lollipop stuck to his bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jazbee

Our almost 6 month old puppy started barking at everything on walks recently. As soon as we left the house, barking at dogs, leaves, grass, birds, kids, ducks, EVERYTHING! Was getting to be a nightmare, dreaded bringing her for her walk.
    But yesterday just by chance I used her bold word (that we used when she used to nip and put her into time out) and she stopped barking straight away! Met loads of dogs today and used the word when she barked and she stopped.
    We also said her good words when she stopped barking, ignored some dogs and also on approach to some dogs we meet regularly that she doesn't get on with.

I was so proud of her I was nearly in tears lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

My kitten Henry got himself stuck in our laundry basket.

It's one of those semi-see-through ones that you fold closed and then when you pull diagonally it snaps outwards into shape again. He was jumping at it to see what was inside and he managed to make it fold inwards on him o_o

Heard a meow coming from upstairs, went up. There's Henry compressed into a little ginger pancake lying on the floor, purring like a moron and unable to move, his fur sprouting out of the tiny holes.

He's always getting himself into predicaments. Last week he managed to get a lollipop stuck to his bum.

lol :D

Advertisement