Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ruby just came downstairs and climbed on my lap, then started purring!
    And my daughter is home!
    I usually get ignored when daughter is here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Every time I'm sick, Swanson insists on sitting on my bed with me. If he's taken away or is distracted away, he gets really grumpy and out of sorts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream was walking around the house meowing for no reason (as usual) and I wan't paying him any attention. He came into the room, stared at me, backed up into the door and wiggled his bum as if he was spraying so I would get up to see the damage. Once I stood up he was delighted and started weaving happily around my legs. He's too smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

2B408C8C-5940-4F93-B95C-89156D77CC16-1972-000001B853759E0D_zps04df3057.jpg

Pepper and her Daddy being lazy together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

We have a half a cat (not as gruesome as it sounds!) but she is a stray that we managed to trap and neuter and she comes around for food and has a little house on our balcony for shelter. She's pretty wild so you can't touch her, it's taken me 6 months to build the trust so that she will take a piece of ham from my hand. Anyway, last night it was so cold I couldnt bear the thoughts of her sleeping outside so when she came in for her supper I gently closed the door behind her. Cue myself, the OH and the dog barricaded in the bedroom in case we upset her. Got up this morning and she had made a bed for herself under the table on an old fleece :) Hopefully this can become a nightly routine so that she wont have to sleep outside in the cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    We have a half a cat (not as gruesome as it sounds!) but she is a stray that we managed to trap and neuter and she comes around for food and has a little house on our balcony for shelter. She's pretty wild so you can't touch her, it's taken me 6 months to build the trust so that she will take a piece of ham from my hand. Anyway, last night it was so cold I couldnt bear the thoughts of her sleeping outside so when she came in for her supper I gently closed the door behind her. Cue myself, the OH and the dog barricaded in the bedroom in case we upset her. Got up this morning and she had made a bed for herself under the table on an old fleece :) Hopefully this can become a nightly routine so that she wont have to sleep outside in the cold.

Lucky kitty. Sounds like she's lucky to have found you!

Lucky kitty. Sounds like she's lucky to have found you!

She had very bad luck before. Must have been hard for her. We live in the not so nice part of Dublin. When she came to our door she was malnourished, had very bad flu, the top of one of her ears was missing and she was being pursued by a couple of randy, aggressive toms as she hadn't been spayed :( Now she's fat, spayed and shiny! :D (and the tips of both ears are missing lol) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Awww, lucky kitty!
    That's exactly how we caught the stray cat that was visiting us. She's very lucky to have found you!

Awww, lucky kitty!
    That's exactly how we caught the stray cat that was visiting us. She's very lucky to have found you!

Aww, poor little things. They really go through the wars, and there are so many. For every one we find, there are hundreds fighting to survive :( Still, if we all do what we can to make at least our little corner of the world a bit better! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

reallyrose wrote: »
    Every time I'm sick, Swanson insists on sitting on my bed with me. If he's taken away or is distracted away, he gets really grumpy and out of sorts. :)

its funny I think they know if your off form

my wife had a back operation 3 weeks ago and is off work until after xmas I am always slagging her that our cat tom tolerates her im his no 1 or should I say was his no 1

since she came home from hospital everywhere she lies he wants to be with her and just not with her its on her and cuddling into her all the time which he never did little **** better get his act in order im still his grub provider

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

jimf wrote: »
    its funny I think they know if your off form

my wife had a back operation 3 weeks ago and is off work until after xmas I am always slagging her that our cat tom tolerates her im his no 1 or should I say was his no 1

since she came home from hospital everywhere she lies he wants to be with her and just not with her its on her and cuddling into her all the time which he never did little **** better get his act in order im still his grub provider

Haha me and my bf always slag each other about which cat loves who more too :D I like to think they both prefer me seeing as they're my cats!

Watched a movie with us last night :D Like, actually sat in front of the screen watching the characters move and moving her head from side to side when she heard their voices etc. She'd turn to look at us every so oftena s if to say, "here, do you see this??" lol

I could hear Peach purring this morning (she has the loudest purr ever) but I couldn't find her anywhere. I spent 20 minutes searching my room for her but eventually heard a scratching noise coming from my laundry basket. She had somehow managed to climb into it, even though the lid was closed, and reclosed the lid on top of her so she couldn't be found. She was lovely and cosy anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That reminds me .. we had an old cat called Tabatha once who used to crawl into a sliding wardrobe by flicking the edge of the door with her paw until she could squeeze in, then climb up onto a shelf inside (usually the one with my wife's undies!) fall asleep and then start snoring!!! She was a light sleeper, so every time we woke up wondering what the strange noise was, she woke up too and stopped for a while, only to start up again when we fell asleep. It took us months to find out what was happening.

isn't it amazing how cats can seem to get into cosy situations so easily yet are hopeless at finding their way out again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My daughter's hamster escaped from her new cage last night. No cage has ever managed to keep her contained. This is her 8th break for freedom.

*but we were one step ahead of her & the room she was in had the door closed*

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

My little lady got her second round of shots today at the vets, and she was as good as gold. Didn't make a sound, stood nice and still and even went over to have a look at the empty syringe after the vet was done. Vet said she's a very calm kitten.

Mind she'd want to see her pull the house apart at home. Or mournfully yowl in the cat box the whole way to the vets.

Poor little thing is conked now on my lap - same after her first shots three weeks ago. She'll sleep sleep sleep for the evening and recommence her sworn duty to tear things and bit things and scratch things tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My husband got up in the night to go to the loo. He went to the loo at the other end of the house (so as not to wake us up with flushing - isnt he considerate!) - he mustnt have shut the door to the family room, so this a.m when the alarm went off, I had a very cozy youngest dog snoring in a ball in the bed, under the duvet, beside me!! He mustnt have moved a muscle all night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I mentioned before on some thread here how my Popey (cat) wakes me up by sticking his wet nose on my nose, or biting the bridge of my nose...

... well this has gone to a whole new level now, he woke me up this morning by gently biting my eyelids, I swear to God. He was actually trying to lift my eyelids open the little s**t.

What am I gonna doo ???

I mentioned before on some thread here how my Popey (cat) wakes me up by sticking his wet nose on my nose, or biting the bridge of my nose...

... well this has gone to a whole new level now, he woke me up this morning by gently biting my eyelids, I swear to God. He was actually trying to lift my eyelids open the little s**t.

What am I gonna doo ???

I suppose you could wear a balaclava and goggles to bed other than that im sorry ive no other solution

but if you go with the above we will insist on photos

• Advertisement

hhhmmm... goggles huh ? Now there's an idea.

I shut him in the living room this morning, but it would just feel too odd to leave him out in there all night.

hhhmmm... goggles huh ? Now there's an idea.

I shut him in the living room this morning, but it would just feel too odd to leave him out in there all night.

bet hes back in his usual spot again 2 nite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Jesse sleeps in the bedroom at night with us, most nights I get woken up by her pawing at my face. She's taken a shine to the OH however and seems to prefer cuddling up to him lately even if it means shoving me out of the way, woke up very early this morning to a face full of fur, she'd cuddled up to the back of OH's head and put her paws over his neck but she'd shoved her arse end of herself into my face. :rolleyes: She then went on to affectionately nuzzle into him and gently rub his ear with her paw. :D

Also caught her drinking mi wadi out of a glass, means I'v to start using a travel mug or a bottle at night. :rolleyes:

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Jesse sleeps in the bedroom at night with us, most nights I get woken up by her pawing at my face. She's taken a shine to the OH however and seems to prefer cuddling up to him lately even if it means shoving me out of the way, woke up very early this morning to a face full of fur, she'd cuddled up to the back of OH's head and put her paws over his neck but she'd shoved her arse end of herself into my face. :rolleyes: She then went on to affectionately nuzzle into him and gently rub his ear with her paw. :D

Also caught her drinking mi wadi out of a glass, means I'v to start using a travel mug or a bottle at night. :rolleyes:

their tastes are gas really our fella loves spaghetti and chicken curry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

jimf wrote: »
    their tastes are gas really our fella loves spaghetti and chicken curry

Cold tea (she's a divil for it :D), mi wadi, beer (knocked over a can and licked some up off the carpet :rolleyes:), rice, lettuce, croissant, crisps and biscuit cake :D That's all I can think of at the moment and that's only in the 2 months we've had her :D Don't give her all of these things but she has a knack of jumping onto your plate and nicking food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

What am I gonna doo ???

You could get one of those sleep masks?!?!?!?!?
    (Can you imagine the reaction when he saw it?!!?!)

Ah stop, he'd paw it off of me I'd say, and then bite my eyelids again :D

He's on the sofa now, he won't move to sleeping quarter until I do, but you can be sure around midnight I'll get pitiful miaows, and a few mournful looks from the doggy too, the 2 of them wanting bed.

Dude is now an expert hunter... I was watching him this morning while himself and Cream were down in the orchard. A leaf floated down off one of the trees and Dude pounced on it straight away. Cream was looking at him as if to say wtf are you doing? :pac: So anyway Dude spent about 5 minuted thoroughly killing his 'prey' then ran as fast as he could up the garden, leaf in tow, to show me what he did. Needless to say he got an unreal amount of fuss for being such a relentless killer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

My dog would often stick her head into your bags after getting home from town. She checks everyones bags as if to say 'whats for me'?

I came home from holidays on Wednesday. I missed my dog so much that I bought her a steak. Carried the steak through the door and allowed her to lick it. But it wasnt enough. She still went rooting through my bags as if to say 'whats for me'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Knine wrote: »
    My daughter's hamster escaped from her new cage last night. No cage has ever managed to keep her contained. This is her 8th break for freedom.

*but we were one step ahead of her & the room she was in had the door closed*

Growing up we had a friend that kept the hamster cage in the bath, if she escaped the cage, she couldn't get out of the bath!
    Too slippery to climb (but remove the plug if on a chain)

Advertisement