Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

He chased off a stranger that had no business been in our back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I love this thread! My bus stop is right across the road from my house, and you can see it from a window in my hall. Everyday at around 4.45pm, my GSD x , Gussie, knows to stand at the window and welcome me home. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

Me and my partner were up in my parents house at the weekend. He was out the back having a smoke and he was wearing shorts. One of the dogs a staffie was licking his legs and he was telling her to go away/leave him alone. She wasnt listening. So i came out to get her away and noticed she was licking him leg and humping the air while doing it.

It was to funny, and when he was backing away from her she was following him while still humping the air. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Today I found Toby sprawled on the tatty old armchair we keep in the kitchen. He was sound asleep widthways between the 2 arms with the sun shining on him, and totally indifferent to me moving around the kitchen. That was the first time I've seen him asleep in the house:)

Felix is currently sprawled on my side of the bed with a look of 'I can do this all night' on his face, which in fact he did for most of last night while I had to straddle him to get in or out of the bed:rolleyes:

I can't bear to part with that armchair, it's ancient and covered in cat blankets but it's where Felix preferred to sleep when he first arrived and where Jazzy liked to sleep when he first came indoors. Too much sentimental value to dump. At Christmas we have to move 1 of the sofas from the living room into the kitchen and that chair has to come in beside the tree. Jazzy lives in it for most of that time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplesnack

Three months ago Bandit got haemorrhagic gastroenteritis from ingesting moldy cheese. It destroyed her from the inside out. But today, for the first time in three months, she made a solid poo! It's funny the things that make us smile :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Two things happened today, one with my pets, the other with another dog.
    I am currently in a developing country on college placement. I was on videocall to my OH earlier and I could see and hear my lot doing all their silly things. My little girl doing her mad squeaky yawns and jumping on my terrier boy. At one point, the OH went to look out the door after hearing sirens going past, and all I could see and hear was the big boy doing his wolf howl, as he always does when he hears sirens. .
    I've been missing them all loads (the OH included!) and have been quite lonely out here, so it was great to see them in action. They really made me laugh. I later went to a local place for a bite to eat...a bit of a rare treat as it served western style food. There was a well fed, resident dog called Cleopatra there. I was feeling down about a few things - lonely, crap accommodation etc - and Cleopatra came over and sat beside me to be petted. Having being away from my lot, that gave me such a lift. I know where to go now when I need the services of a therapy dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Took clothes out of dryer, folded and left them on couch, went upstairs, came back down 10 mins later, heard dog jump off couch as I was coming down, hairs on clothes and messed up as he made a bed for himself :rolleyes:

Cheeky little fecker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Took clothes out of dryer, folded and left them on couch, went upstairs, came back down 10 mins later, heard dog jump off couch as I was coming down, hairs on clothes and messed up as he made a bed for himself :rolleyes:

Cheeky little fecker :pac:

but how clever was he to jump down when he heard you coming!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Mine woke me up this morning with paw to the face so that I would move and she could have my pillow. Snuggled herself into place, pushing me even further over, and promptly fell into a deep sleep...Lil wagon :P

Ive been in bed since last week (my back is crocked) - my 'brainless' timid anxious little JRT has spend every minute of every day on the end of my bed - how cute is that - goes off to the garden for a loo-break or to the kitchen for his food, but straight back to minding me :o the other dogs just give me the get-the-hell-outa-that-bed-and-bring-me-for-a-walk look and walk off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

This:

Little old man Diego tucking into some babyfood.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Kitten IQ >> Human IQ.
    Newish Kitten hops into the fridge when ever I open the door to it to lie on shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cleo helped me unpack my text books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Being there waiting for me downstairs when I get up, every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dude stole my handbag today, I put it down beside me and next thing he springs out of nowhere, grabbed the handle in his mouth and ran! I have no idea where he put it, but it definitely made me laugh!!

Edit: I found it in the bath...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

Sasha my lab/collie cross isn't very fond of water! I was worried about her in this heat so i thought i would bring her to the beach and she could have a little paddle (she loves the beach sniffling about the place and interaction with other dogs) . Well anyway myself and sasha kind of got stranded on this piece of sand as the tide was coming in and to get out we had to walk through the water which was about thigh high! Anyway she was really nervous about it and realising it was her only way out she did a running jump/bellyflop right into the water and then realising it wasn't so scary doggypaddled around the place. Couldn't get her out of the water after that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

In the shower and I can hear noise in my room. I thought "The cats must have got in the window and they are knocking stuff over and jumping around!" Go into my room after my shower and Jake my springer spaniel is sitting there with a sod of turf at his feet! His new fave toy! :D He's only allowed in the utility room so its even funnier that he made his way up to my room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Every few weeks I have to stay over at work, last night was one of those times, the totally berserk welcome home from the hounds always makes me more than smile.
    However they were a bit less interested in me tonight because I brought a big lump of lamb neck for them so it was a "Chips or Daddy moment". The 'chips' won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix's happy pills seem to be working, he hasn't attacked Toby for a couple of days now and he's much more relaxed. I was petting Toby on the mat inside the back door this morning and he tilted his head and went asleep using my hand as a pillow:) He lets me pick him up as well which makes life easier if I have to rescue him from Felix. Jazzy is being a little cuddle monster too, every time he sees me go into our bedroom he's in behind me and up on the bed for our cuddles. He does love his cuddle time. You'd never think he started life as feral kitten:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭jimmer123

My cat was going after a frog in our back garden yesterday. Got her away from the frog and there was a big bit of saliva hanging from her mouth. Frog clearly didnt agree with her and the look on her face lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tegan has decided that she'll only come onto the couch with an invitation. The invitation must be a head scratch. If you do not scratch her head all the sofa patting, lap patting, and saying 'Come on! Up!' means nothing, she just sits there waiting for the head scratch.

Funny little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Swanson the cat has been battling the rain all day. He jumps out the window, stays out for a few minutes and runs back in meowing and complaining "ewwww, it's all wet...help meeee!"
    Then he cleans himself and it's all fine. For about 15 minutes and then he does it all over again.
    I think he's been trying to go out to his favorite toilet spot.
    ... he has a perfectly nice litter tray. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Trudy my black labrador has started grinning when she knows she's to get a treat. A big toothy grin, she's never done it before. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My pal Zeus is currently living with my housemate's sister (housemate is on holidays, I'm not there enough to look after him on my own).

I got home from work to find his friends Bruiser the black labrador and Bonny the tiny black cocker spaniel, waiting on the doorstep. I think they were wondering where he was. I let them in with me for a bit of company for a while and they rambled off when they were sure I was ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

Making a ham sandwich the other day, all prepared and turned to the sink to get the salad leaves I had just washed, turned back, lovely sandwich there only problem was that it was missing the ham. Looked all over and my little lad cat was munching on it on the deck in the back garden. Did not even know he was in the kitchen, must have been watching waiting for his opportunity to pounce. Sneaky little devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Both my kittens came in to my room this morning to wake me up for a cuddle. I fell asleep with one sleeping in each arm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We have two retrievers a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I was watching them through the window the other day. The big fella was standing on the pedal of the bin while the small fella pulls stuff out of the bin. Sneaky feckers. I hadn't the heart to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I played hide and seek with boxer today in the woods threw a stick, when he went to get it I hid. twas very funny watch him look for me he's not very bright so it takes a while :D

four dogs on a country walk off leash this a.m -

Ancient big dog stops to wee against a fence
    <orderly queue forms>
    ancient small dog lines up to wee same place next
    young small dog lines up to wee same place next
    visitor big dog lines up to wee same place

who says dogs dont have a pecking order :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

My 10 week old puppy didn't go to the loo in the kitchen last night! Waited for me to come down in the morning and ran out!:D

Advertisement