Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cian Healy cited for biting

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

So you agree he has a history. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

Here's what you said:
    Healy does have a history of lashing out and losing his temper

You then were asked to back this up and you could only reference one incident, that's not a history, that was a one off that is a blotch on an otherwise impeccable disciplinary record.

Nearly every player has one or two similar incidents during their career, look no further than BOD in this years six nations. So by your own logic you must think he too has a history of lashing out and losing his temper? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i think its time you let this go.......
    right well, thats that then, you havent a clue......
    hes been handed enough rope..........

If you don't want to get involved you know what do.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If you don't want to get involved you know what do.

Its entertaining to see you tie yourself up in knots

trouttrout wrote: »
    Here's what you said:

You then were asked to back this up and you could only reference one incident, that's not a history, that was a one off that is a blotch on an otherwise impeccable disciplinary record.

Nearly every player has one or two similar incidents during their career, look no further than BOD in this years six nations. So by your own logic you must think he too has a history of lashing out and losing his temper? :rolleyes:

If Healy makes it to BOD's age without getting cited again then I'd agree he wouldn't have a history of losing his temper.

Its entertaining to see you tie yourself up in knots

That's why you wanted me to let it go then. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

If Healy makes it to BOD's age without getting cited again then I'd agree he wouldn't have a history of losing his temper.

That's why you wanted me to let it go then. :rolleyes:

Bro you're a tool.

• Advertisement

hsbc wrote: »
    Bro you're a tool.

From someone who uses the term bro... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

So you're now using what you think will happen in the future to back up your ludicrous statement that Healy has a history of losing his temper?

Dig up man

trouttrout wrote: »
    So you're now using what you think will happen in the future to back up your ludicrous statement that Healy has a history of losing his temper?

Dig up man

That's a fair point. I think Healys previous incident of losing his temper is more than Sheahan having been found to make up an allegation. Hence why I'd be more inclined to believe something happened than nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I think Chucky is looking for an argument

And unfortunately people are obliging him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's a fair point. I think Healys previous incident of losing his temper is more than Sheahan having been found to make up an allegation. Hence why I'd be more inclined to believe something happened than nothing at all.

As I posted earlier, Sheehan is the one - going by the video available online - who was responsible for both sticking his fingers in Healy's face, and then following up with a forearm shove to the face.

Now, maybe both of these actions were entirely unintentional (despite him saying that he wanted to "get under their skin" before the match), but the act of him shoving his arm in Healy's face resulted in his arm touching Healy's teeth.

So while he may have felt contact against teeth, it seems to me that it is very plausible that it was entirely of his own doing through carelessness / stupidity / hot-headedness / cynical play - and that there was nothing that Healy could have done to avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

In common law, when one party makes a complaint against another and that complaint is found to be without foundation, a court may find that the complaint was 'vexatious' and may then sanction the complainant.

It would seem to me that given Sheehan's pre-game comments, and his ongoing fame as the biggest 'sledger' in Australian sport, that such a finding might well have been made.

Eoin wrote: »
    As I posted earlier, Sheehan is the one - going by the video available online - who was responsible for both sticking his fingers in Healy's face, and then following up with a forearm shove to the face.

Now, maybe both of these actions were entirely unintentional (despite him saying that he wanted to "get under their skin" before the match), but the act of him shoving his arm in Healy's face resulted in his arm touching Healy's teeth.

So while he may have felt contact against teeth, it seems to me that it is very plausible that it was entirely of his own doing through carelessness / stupidity / hot-headedness / cynical play - and that there was nothing that Healy could have done to avoid it.

That's certainly possible. If Healy came out and said he was fishooked/choked by Sheahan then I'd be less inclined to believe Sheahan. However as far as I know Healy hasn't made that accusation, although I'm not sure exactly what his testimony was. As it stands we have a person(sheahan) who has no previous history of making false allegations vs a person who has show the ability to lose his temper and lash out - in that situation I don't think it's hugely shocking to give the benefit of the doubt to the first person.

As I said before once I heard he was cited I thought he get done based on the track record of people being found guilty once being cited. Based on the evidence I'm not surprised he got off and felt it was the right decision. Would I be willing to bet my life on the fact that Healy didn't bite him? Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

hsbc wrote: »
    Bro you're a tool.

bro, you're banned

pretty pathetic thread all-round folks. let's all just move on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement