Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cian Healy cited for biting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Bit rich...

Not rich at all. We know Sheehan said he was bit on the field, we now also know that is not true.

Anyway, we'll see you again next time something negative happens in Irish Rugby, hard luck this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

trouttrout wrote: »
    Not rich at all. We know Sheehan said he was bit on the field, we now also know that is not true.

Anyway, we'll see you again next time something negative happens in Irish Rugby, hard luck this time

But we don't. :confused: If that was my agenda I'd be posting here a lot more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

But we don't. :confused:

Yes we do, Healy was cleared. And in the video, as far as I'm concerned Sheehan was first pushing his hand towards Healy's mouth, then his arm. It looks far too like a set-up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

But we don't. :confused: If that was my agenda I'd be posting here a lot more often.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Buer wrote: »
    There was no bite mark on Sheahan's skin as per the ruling. An arm coming in contact with teeth and being bitten are two very different things. If you are bitten, you know all about it and have the marks to prove it. In the heat of the moment, I can understand how he may have thought it but I'm sure he knows himself when there was no bite mark on reflection. Once it's brought to attention, it was going to be cited. There's no report of Sheahan joining via video conference or attempting to put balance on the situation as part of the hearing though.

The hearing did NOT rule there was no bite mark. The QC ruled there was no serious bite mark that would be worse than normal. He never said there was no bite mark. Also I heard Sheahan gave his report to the citing officer?

There doesn't have to be a villain in every piece.

• Advertisement

But we don't. :confused:If that was my agenda I'd be posting here a lot more often.

First time I've seen someone deny and yet confirm something in one sentence

And yes, we do know Healy didn't bite Sheehan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I just hope no one you know is ever falsely accused of a terrible crime chucky!!

The question isn't if the players hand / fingers came near, or even got in to Healys mouth, the question is did Healy at any point intentionally bite a player, and based on all the evidence (which we're not entirely privy to) and the legal opinion of those considering it, he was cleared of all charges. I think it's a bit much to deny that just to defend a very silly comment made in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The hearing did NOT rule there was no bite mark. The QC ruled there was no serious bite mark that would be worse than normal. He never said there was no bite mark. Also I heard Sheahan gave his report to the citing officer?

He gave his report to both. The citing commissioner requested that he provide a second report to his union.

The governing member of the disciplinary committee said upon ruling: "It was not possible to distinguish any discernible bite marks outside of the 'regular' marks usually found following a rugby match."

To me, that says no bite mark.

I'm not saying he's a villain of the piece but I do think he comes off poorly from the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Do you have a link for that? This is the quote I read, from the judicial officer

“There is no conclusive video evidence of the incident and post-match it was not possible to distinguish any discernible bite marks outside of the regular marks usually found following a rugby match,”

To me that says there were no bite marks. I don't think bite marks would be considered a regular mark.

Edit: Beaten to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well to me it says there was no serious bite marks. As in a clear bite mark rather than one which just recedes back to a red welt like most knocks you get on the field.

I'm certain Healy didn't bite him. But there was nothing out of that hearing that condemned Sheahan as a liar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Well to me it says there was no serious bite marks. As in a clear bite mark rather than one which just recedes back to a red welt like most knocks you get on the field.

I'm certain Healy didn't bite him. But there was nothing out of that hearing that condemned Sheahan as a liar.

I dunno about that. I don't think there is an acceptable level of biting. I think it means that among the regular marks found after a rugby match, there was nothing that could be discerned as a bite mark.

There wasn't anything that condemned him as a liar, but there wasn't anything that supported his case either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

If he did it then of course I did. I don't suffer from green eyes like yourself.

Is that what your guide dog is for.....:D Au revoir.

Synode wrote: »
    Yes we do, Healy was cleared. And in the video, as far as I'm concerned Sheehan was first pushing his hand towards Healy's mouth, then his arm. It looks far too like a set-up to me.
    First time I've seen someone deny and yet confirm something in one sentence

And yes, we do know Healy didn't bite Sheehan

Being cleared doesn't mean he didn't do it. You can commit a crime and be found not guilty.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I just hope no one you know is ever falsely accused of a terrible crime chucky!!

The question isn't if the players hand / fingers came near, or even got in to Healys mouth, the question is did Healy at any point intentionally bite a player, and based on all the evidence (which we're not entirely privy to) and the legal opinion of those considering it, he was cleared of all charges. I think it's a bit much to deny that just to defend a very silly comment made in the first place.

I know he was cleared off all charges, so was OJ Simpson. I don't think he was innocent though.

Being cleared doesn't mean he didn't do it. You can commit a crime and be found not guilty.

I know he was cleared off all charges, so was OJ Simpson. I don't think he was innocent though.

Oh jesus, comparing Cian Healy to OJ Simpson :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,016 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i think its time you let this go.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

So you think he did it? Even though he has been cleared. On what basis?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OK, so ignoring your really stupid comparison, what makes you believe that they just didn't find enough evidence?

The video I saw shows Sheehan appearing to shove his fingers in Healy's mouth (which is not the basis of the complaint), and then following it up with a forearm to the mouth where it's likely that his arm came in contact with Healy's teeth / gumshield unless Healy happened to have his mouth closed at the time.

Is this different to your interpretation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

Did Cian Healy do something on you?? You are bordering the weird at this stage!

Oh jesus, comparing Cian Healy to OJ Simpson :D

Ugh, I wasn't comparing them. I thought that would have been obvious.

Synode wrote: »
    So you think he did it? Even though he has been cleared. On what basis?

I never said I think he did it. It's hard to know really. I certainly don't think Sheahan just completely made it up like others have claimed. I think their was a lack of evidence that made it impossible for them to ban him and they made the right decision.

I never said I think he did it. It's hard to know really. I certainly don't think Sheahan just completely made it up like others have claimed. I think their was a lack of evidence that made it impossible for them to ban him and they made the right decision.

you claim that based on no evidence at all....

yet you claim healy may still have bitten him but was cleared due to lack of evidence???

strange strange strange.....

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    you claim that based on no evidence at all....

yet you claim healy may still have bitten him but was cleared due to lack of evidence???

strange strange strange.....

As far as I know Sheahan doesn't have history of making up stories. Healy does have a history of lashing out and losing his temper.

As far as I know Sheahan doesn't have history of making up stories. Healy does have a history of lashing out and losing his temper.

Please inform us of this "history" ...

right well, thats that then, you havent a clue......

Please inform us of this "history" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Let it go man - he was found not guilty.

Move on...

hsbc wrote: »
    Let it go man - he was found not guilty.

Move on...

I'm more than happy too. But generally when people ask me questions I feel it's only fair to reply to them.

So one regrettable incident in an otherwise impeccable career discipline wise. Some history alright

You haven't a bogs notion

So one regrettable incident in an otherwise impeccable career discipline wise. Some history alright

You haven't a bogs notion

So you agree he has a history. Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I think Chucky is looking for an argument

• Advertisement

hes been handed enough rope..........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement