Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers trying to scare people by shouting in faces.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

9959 wrote: »
    Red Herrings on the Red Line

You're making a direct link between antisocial behaviour and unemployment, I'll take a wild guess and say that a large number of people 'minding their own business' on the Luas are unemployed.

Any talk of next generation lowlife 'breeding' always makes me feel slightly uneasy, next stop Eugenics.

By the way, how many 12 to 13 year olds are, or should be, employed?
    There's not the call for Chimney Sweeps that there once was, central heating and all that, we're gone soft, bring back hanging etc.

There is a world of difference between being unemployed and looking for work and not wanting to work to save your life as I'm sure you well know.

Secondly I never said anything about 13 year olds being employed at anything, what I did say was that the skangers were about that age.

Maybe read the post you are replying to a little more closely next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

Punch them in the throat. It's extremely effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

fryup wrote: »
    why do the irish always have to resort to violence??
    why not take the gandhi stance

Because Gandhi was effective only because the world was watching. How effective do you think the Gandhi stance would have been at Dunkirk in 1940? Horses for courses! If I were being mugged or worse by some thugs in our capital city I'd like to experience the response if I tried to be Gandhi, or tried telling them about him. I could see the whole of the world's press descending on Upper O'Connell Street to bear witness, while passers-by and nearby shopkeepers looked the other way, and the Gardai were too busy/under-resourced to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

He was normally sitting though wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

why do the irish always have to resort to violence?

Stupid bigoted comment. If anything the Irish have not resorted to violence enough, as a cursory glance at a map where 17% of Ireland remains under foreign rule today shows.

What next? The Tibetans can defeat the Chinese by continuing their non-violence for another 60 years of Chinese massacres and colonialism?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

There is a world of difference between being unemployed and looking for work and not wanting to work to save your life as I'm sure you well know.

Secondly I never said anything about 13 year olds being employed at anything, what I did say was that the skangers were about that age.

Maybe read the post you are replying to a little more closely next time.

You made a link between antisocial behaviour and unemployment, perhaps you should read your own post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Or indeed, The Len Ganley stance.

"Keep your arms as rigid as a juggernaut
    Clench your fists, point your knuckles straight ahead
    Do your best to look like a teddy bear
    Then try and pretend to look vertically dead"

Or the Declan Ganley stance, stand tall, look them in the eye and engage in a frank discussion on why European integration is an outrage. That'll show them.

Gmol wrote: »
    Or the Declare Ganley stance, stand tall, look them in the eye and engage in a frank discussion on why European integration is an outrage. That'll show them.

Well personally I find myself in disagreement with Declan Ganley - or Declare Ganley as he's known in Brussels - on almost everything.

So the late Len Ganley, yes.
    Declare Ganley, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I was walking west along the quays towards Smithfield area, building side of the street in the early evening a couple of months back and there were a bunch of scumbag kids walking the same direction on the river side.

They started throwing apples indiscriminately at people.
    One of them came pretty close to hitting me head with a cooking apple. Judging by its disintegrating into the wall and the size of it it probably would have knocked me out the speed it was thrown.

Anyone ever came across this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

I was walking west along the quays towards Smithfield area, building side of the street in the early evening a couple of months back and there were a bunch of scumbag kids walking the same direction on the river side.

They started throwing apples indiscriminately at people.
    One of them came pretty close to hitting me head with a cooking apple. Judging by its disintegrating into the wall and the size of it it probably would have knocked me out the speed it was thrown.

Anyone ever came across this?

Yeah, it was a drive by fruiting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'd have no problem standing up to any of these cúnts, no matter what size or how hard they look.

But when it comes to travellers, not a hope.

Remember seeing the smallest, skinniest knack whack at some fair a few years ago. Honestly looked about 10.

He did that game where you punch the bag and it measures your power, you know where the bag comes down and you punch it back up.

Sat looking saying this will be funny, then BOOOOOM!!!!

Machine topples over.

Not saying they are all that strong but fúck me, put me off ever standing up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Red Herrings on the Red Line

You're making a direct link between antisocial behaviour and unemployment, I'll take a wild guess and say that a large number of people 'minding their own business' on the Luas are unemployed.

Any talk of next generation lowlife 'breeding' always makes me feel slightly uneasy, next stop Eugenics.

By the way, how many 12 to 13 year olds are, or should be, employed?
    There's not the call for Chimney Sweeps that there once was, central heating and all that, we're gone soft, bring back hanging etc.

Even Karl Marx made the distinction between the pool of reserve workers - the unemployed proletariat - and the lumpen proletariat who were never available for work. He hated the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 craic34

omg!! in comparison with this, eggs throwing is something sweet :-s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

We've always had a knacker problem in my town, the council placed a halting site years back before I was born. I went to Primary school with many of these folk, in fairness most of them were decent enough, hard men all the same. There was a prearranged fight one lunchtime and I took a blow to the stomach from a knacker. It winded me and I was out of commission, I was never a brawler anyway, a middle class puppy who wasn't able to use his hands.

Roll on 17 years and a lot of these chaps I knew back then are in jail. One guy stole a lorry from a local haulage company yard last Christmas Day. Petty enough crimes but even in my youth in school I could tell the paths they would take, they had nothing going for them.

Even Karl Marx made the distinction between the pool of reserve workers - the unemployed proletariat - and the lumpen proletariat who were never available for work. He hated the latter.

Chimney sweeps want to work, it's just that there's very little work available. They're really angels with sooty faces, stop picking on them.

A spectre is haunting the Red Line, the spectre of pesky 12 year olds shouting, and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Chimney sweeps want to work, it's just that there's very little work available. They're really angels with sooty faces, stop picking on them.

A spectre is haunting the Red Line, the spectre of pesky 12 year olds shouting, and stuff.

Well maybe if you were on the receiving end of being shouted at like the people I saw it happening to ya might not be so outraged that people voice their dislike of such behaviour. Most of us don't go around shouting at strangers minding their own business.

As to another point you quoted me on, I know what my own post says, "getting a job is an alien concept to them" meaning they make no effort to look for work.

Big difference there between that and someone who is unemployed through no fault of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

There is a valid argument for the government to determine where such scumbags live and carpet bombing every residence within a 500m radius.

Odds are very likely this would have beneficial affects on society.

If one wanted to eliminate the possibility of innocent collateral damage you just let people know of the intended impending cleansing when they are at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't think he hated them as much as he didn't see them participating in a revolution. They had more to gain from status quo that rebellion.

Well maybe if you were on the receiving end of being shouted at like the people I saw it happening to ya might not be so outraged that people voice their dislike of such behaviour. Most of us don't go around shouting at strangers minding their own business.

As to another point you quoted me on, I know what my own post says, "getting a job is an alien concept to them" meaning they make no effort to look for work.

Big difference there between that and someone who is unemployed through no fault of their own.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, you must have believed that unemployment was a salient factor in any discussion on antisocial behaviour, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to have brought it up in the first place.
    The fact that you now qualify what you say with: "unemployed through no fault of their own" bodes well for any future contributions you might make in the future, good luck to you!

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    I don't think he hated them as much as the didn't see them participating in a revolution. They had more to gain from status quo that rebellion.

That's true about the revolution but he didn't like them as a class either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Pkiernan wrote: »
    There is a valid argument for the government to determine where such scumbags live and carpet bombing every residence within a 500m radius.
    QUOTE]
    Perhaps you would care to elaborate, especially on the alleged validity of this arguement that you appear to be proposing.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, you must have believed that unemployment was a salient factor in any discussion on antisocial behaviour, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to have brought it up in the first place.
    The fact that you now qualify what you say with: "unemployed through no fault of their own" bodes well for any future contributions you might make in the future, good luck to you!

He qualified to begin with. He said people who would never work and we know what class he means.

Most everybody on the red line is working class, some unemployed . The shouters are lumpen proles.

And in general the defence of the Lumpens tends to come from the upper middle classes. It's a form of status seeking, if the red line is for the working poor and middle then to hell with their comfort if you are on the green line or in daddy's merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

had an incident with a Traveller a few years ago.

Had driven up to the local Eurospar. There isn't a lot of parking spaces. There is a section of 3 parking spaces and I parked in the middle one and headed into the shop. when I came outside there was white van parked on the road blocking my car and the two other from being able to reverse out. With this place, you can't drive forward.

I told the drive (who had gotten out of the van) that he was blocking my way out and that would he move his van. He told me he;d be only a few mins the shop. I told him that I was leaving now and that not alone was he blocking my car but 2 others/ There was a car with the people in it also wanting to leave and pointed this out to him. Also told him that you cannot be blocking people like that.

The them became very aggressive and told me to "shut the fu_k up you baldy ****er". I am thinning on top (have no issues with that) and I keep my hair quite tight. He was a small stout gut who would be able to kick the crap out of me.
    I wasn't willing to back down. I though he was going to lay into me.

Knowing that I was not going to back down, he eventually got into the van and drove up our of way.

There was no way I was going to allow him to keep me waiting.

Yeah I saw something similar on the Red Line, this couple minding their own business when 3 skangers about 12 or 13 started shouting abuse at them.

I felt really sorry for them to have to put up with that kind of thing.

Worst thing is pond life like that have nothing else to do but breed the next generation of lowlifes, because getting a job is an alien concept to them.
    He qualified to begin with. He said people who would never work and we know what class he means.

Most everybody on the red line is working class, some unemployed . The shouters are lumpen proles.

And in general the defence of the Lumpens tends to come from the upper middle classes. It's a form of status seeking, if the red line is for the working poor and middle then to hell with their comfort if you are on the green line or in daddy's merc.

micar wrote: »
    had an incident with a Traveller a few years ago.

Had driven up to the local Eurospar. There isn't a lot of parking spaces. There is a section of 3 parking spaces and I parked in the middle one and headed into the shop. when I came outside there was white van parked on the road blocking my car and the two other from being able to reverse out. With this place, you can't drive forward.

I told the drive (who had gotten out of the van) that he was blocking my way out and that would he move his van. He told me he;d be only a few mins the shop. I told him that I was leaving now and that not alone was he blocking my car but 2 others/ There was a car with the people in it also wanting to leave and pointed this out to him. Also told him that you cannot be blocking people like that.

The them became very aggressive and told me to "shut the fu_k up you baldy ****er". I am thinning on top (have no issues with that) and I keep my hair quite tight. He was a small stout gut who would be able to kick the crap out of me.
    I wasn't willing to back down. I though he was going to lay into me.

Knowing that I was not going to back down, he eventually got into the van and drove up our of way.

There was no way I was going to allow him to keep me waiting.

Roll up, roll up, a doubleplusgood thread where you can have a pop at the working class of Dublin and Travellers too, AH heaven for some it seems.
    Fill your boots!

Roll up, roll up, a doubleplusgood thread where you can have a pop at the working class of Dublin and Travellers too, AH heaven for some it seems.
    Fill your boots!

You don't seen to be able to read. My attacks have been on two classes.

1) the lumpen proletariat.
    2) the upper middle class defenders of the Lumpens.

I also quite clearly distinguished between Lumpens and working class people. Like most bourgeois you are attacking the working classes - most people on the red line - by defending Lumpens. The people complaining about anti social behaviour on the red line are working class. You don't care because you are not on that line.

Neither am i but I doubt the workers on the line are lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Fill your boots!

Well if the shoe fits...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

Fill your boots!

No offence, I've never have this done to me before.

I would never do it to someone else. I'm working class!!!!!!

This guy blocked me and thought he could bully me. I stood up to him.

Typical traveller tactic!!!!!!!!

You don't seen to be able to read. My attacks have been on two classes.

1) the lumpen proletariat.
    2) the upper middle class defenders of the Lumpens.

I also quite clearly distinguished between Lumpens and working class people. Like most bourgeois you are attacking the working classes - most people on the red line - by defending Lumpens. The people complaining about anti social behaviour on the red line are working class. You don't care because you are not on that line.

Neither am i but I doubt the workers on the line are lying.

The above post is gloriously redeemed by the final line, making it one of the funniest I've read in a long time.
    Good luck to you!

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Well if the shoe fits...

If you don't know the difference between a shoe and a boot, then you haven't a leg to stand on.

One boring anecdote concerning a 'traveller', so what?

Advertisement