Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Who here thinks that Test was underrated? Also Ryback is over with the fans, push the guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Who here thinks that Test was underrated?
    yFHjOUJ.gif

Why didn't you like him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i think the aftermath of the whole hhh and stephanie getting married were terrible in terms of what to do with Test. He was really treated terrible and imo kinda buried in which he never recovered.

shame as i admit he did have a great look and was not to bad in the ring

ricero wrote: »
    i think the aftermath of the whole hhh and stephanie getting married were terrible in terms of what to do with Test. He was really treated terrible and imo kinda buried in which he never recovered.

shame as i admit he did have a great look and was not to bad in the ring

Also his finisher was sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why didn't you like him?

I'm joking!

I kinda did like Test. He was ruined several times over though. He could have been handled far better when he returned as the ass kicker to the new ECW. He had a great look then, but i think he was big time on the juice.

He should have had the world at his feet, he had a great look. Unfortunately though, he wasn't all that in the ring. When I think of Test, I remember 2 things. His feud with Shane, and his alliance with Stacy Kiebler, when his fans were "his testicles"

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm joking!

I kinda did like Test. He was ruined several times over though. He could have been handled far better when he returned as the ass kicker to the new ECW. He had a great look then, but i think he was big time on the juice.

He should have had the world at his feet, he had a great look. Unfortunately though, he wasn't all that in the ring. When I think of Test, I remember 2 things. His feud with Shane, and his alliance with Stacy Kiebler, when his fans were "his testicles"

Regardless of his in ring work, it's strange to see someone that tall not flirting with the main event. If Mabel can main event Summerslam then anyone can...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ì was a fan of Test, particularly when he broke from T & A and went on a singles run as a midcard guy.

He had a great theme song and I disagree that this finisher was sh*t. His Big Boot to the face was an awesome finisher.

Was he underrated? I think so; in the sense that they never really tried to get behind him with a compelling storyline. As ricero said the HHH/Steph storyline is something he should have had a huge part in. He was the jilted fiancé; left at the altar. His hunt for revenge could have been a big thing and given him a big help as a babyface. I have to believe that backstage politics played a part in that not being explored.

When he won the immunity battle royal during the alliance storyline they could have made something interesting out of that but they chose not to; the Testicles thing with Stacy was always going to be turned into a goofy comic act, and so it proved; and when he came back for the rebranded ECW show I thought he looked way too big and I didn't like the way he was presented.

I was saddened to hear of his death at such a young age. I recall he had been working some shows over in Ireland not long before he died and he'd been very complimentary about his experiences here, and the fans.

Overall his mic skills were decent (better than the standard you get today from big guys like Reigns and Titus) and I have to believe if he were around in this era he would be at about a Sheamus level at least. I actually see a lot of similarities with him and Sheamus, and I don't just mean the finishers.

One thing I'll remember about Test is a great line he said to Triple H around about 2000: 'payback and your wife have a lot in common - they're both a bitch.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Also his finisher was sh*t.

Disagree. I thought he had the best big boot of ever.

Sorry lads I should have specified, the big boot was awesome but the pumphandle slam was crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I enjoy seeing my boy Test getting some love on PW boards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I want a Jack Swagger and Samoa Joe tag team w/Zeb as manager.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I enjoy seeing my boy Test getting some love on PW boards.

Jay ****ing Hunter! Test has always been my boy along with Billy Gunn. Considering it took Christian so long to win the world championship and it ended so quickly, does he fall under the criteria for a boy?

But as we were saying, people go on about how Shelton Benjamin was underrated but with his poor mic skills I think he kinda reached his full potential. Opinions lads?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ha! Cheers. Although Christian is generally treated as an afterthought (even as World champion, a throwaway comment was his on-screen retirement etc) he's too talented to be a boy. There's gotta be a cringe factor, like The One Billy Gunn!

RE: Test, check out King of the Ring 2002 vs Lesnar, two hosses absolutely batter each other, a great (albeit short) showing for Test. Great stuff.

I will check it out thanks! You played any recent WWE Games?

By the way, do you know if Wrestling.ie are the only Irish wrestling company touring the country? IWW seems to be inactive. Never really followed Irish companies but I did see AWR in UL in '08.

Fandango = Ultimate Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I think Wrestlemani 17 is the best WWE pay per view. Just watching it tonight, and it was class. The matches were very good.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I think Wrestlemani 17 is the best WWE pay per view. Just watching it tonight, and it was class. The matches were very good.

First time viewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

First time viewing?

No I've seen them all. I think its just the line up and the match ups which are excellent. TLC 2 was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

But as we were saying, people go on about how Shelton Benjamin was underrated but with his poor mic skills I think he kinda reached his full potential.

Like Jeff Hardy was a silver tongued charismatic enigma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

bigron2109 wrote: »

My favourite ppv ever, so many great matches taker v HHH, rock v Austin, Vince v shane, tlc and hardcore matches throw in some nostalgia with the gimmick battle royal, just an amazing show

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jerry Lawler was a better commentator when he was a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I will never get used to not hearing "You Suck" during Angle's entrance on old PPV's on the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That fat mark front and centre at Bash At The Beach the time Hogan turned annoys me.

A fat mark in an ECW shirt. A big hit with the ladies I'd say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Anything more than two commentators is too many. You can't beat the back and forth between an unbiased straight play by play guy and a guy doing colour, or a single guy calling a match with passion and knowledgeability . One guy can do a good monologue, two can have a conversation but three can cut across one another and interrupt the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wrestlemania X was one great event. It had two five star matches on its card and the others werent great but not terrible.

gimmick wrote: »
    That fat mark front and centre at Bash At The Beach the time Hogan turned annoys me.

A fat mark in an ECW shirt. A big hit with the ladies I'd say!!

Was that the guy who got in the ring and Scott hall stomped on his head badly ? Was that at bash of the beach ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wrestlemania X was one great event. It had two five star matches on its card and the others werent great but not terrible.

Watched it last year to review for Balls and it was a very tough watch, the two legendary matches aside. A mix between poorly thought out stips and booking (Savage/Crush, Luger/Yoko finish) and mind-numbing, mid 90's WWE stupidity (fake Bill Clinton). The ending to the main was also massively anti-climactic.

leggo wrote: »
    Watched it last year to review for Balls and it was a very tough watch, the two legendary matches aside. A mix between poorly thought out stips and booking (Savage/Crush, Luger/Yoko finish) and mind-numbing, mid 90's WWE stupidity (fake Bill Clinton). The ending to the main was also massively anti-climactic.

Yeah actually fhe finish to the Luger yoko match was a mess but perfect didnt help with his stupid explanation of why he DQed Luger. Or was it just me ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah actually fhe finish to the Luger yoko match was a mess but perfect didnt help with his stupid explanation of why he DQed Luger. Or was it just me ?

No you're right, it made no sense. That finish killed Luger's WWE career, he was hot going into that. Imagine they did the same with Bryan last year, there'd be an actual riot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement