Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Was thinking how cool it would be when Finn Balor comes up and faces off against the fearsome Wyatt. Bray vs Bray. Could work it into promos, ''Finn, you've come from Bray... but now Bray's gonna come to you boy. I'm here!''

Maybe change the word come there, was cracking up before ya flipped it. :pac: Cool idea though!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince needs to pay Brock whatever it takes to keep him for at least one more year and not take the title off him untill at least WM 32 and he must destroy everyone till then.

This means that Lesnar has to apper on at least every second PPV and at least 2 RAW's a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭briany

Was thinking how cool it would be when Finn Balor comes up and faces off against the fearsome Wyatt. Bray vs Bray. Could work it into promos, ''Finn, you've come from Bray... but now Bray's gonna come to you boy. I'm here!''

Finn Balor should adopt a vicious looking throat thrust as a signature move and call it the Dart. It would be worth it just to hear Cole yell "DART TO BRAY! DART TO BRAY!" over and over. Or a heart punch, 'A vicious Dart, right to the heart of Bray.'.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

On a more serious note, being from the north I always found it slightly in poor taste Devitt using the name "Bloody Sunday", not that big a deal, but all the same, glad he doesn't now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Rewatched the barber shop break up of the Rockers and man, The Brain is incredible. The rockers hug and brain goes," I knew he was gonna do that see one without the other is no good", then hbk kicks him and in a split second he goes "Oh I knew he was gonna do that he dosnt need Jannetty"

Then when hbk throws him through the window Brain says "He tried to dive out the window to escape " pissed myself laughing having never watched the actual clip. Brilliant stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Rewatched the barber shop break up of the Rockers and man, The Brain is incredible. The rockers hug and brain goes," I knew he was gonna do that see one without the other is no good", then hbk kicks him and in a split second he goes "Oh I knew he was gonna do that he dosnt need Jannetty"

Then when hbk throws him through the window Brain says "He tried to dive out the window to escape " pissed myself laughing having never watched the actual clip. Brilliant stuff.

That's probably my favorite bit of commentary in wrestling. Glorious.

Heenan was on fire for the entirety of the '92 Royal Rumble. Basically a heel commentator masterclass from start to finish.

Bobby: Virgil just came in, he's number 23, right?
    Gorilla: That's right!
    Bobby: Just think, who knows how many bags he's gone through in the back!
    Gorilla: Will you be serious?

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Palo Alto wrote: »
    On a more serious note, being from the north I always found it slightly in poor taste Devitt using the name "Bloody Sunday", not that big a deal, but all the same, glad he doesn't now.

Feel the same being a Dreamcast owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

briany wrote: »
    Heenan was on fire for the entirety of the '92 Royal Rumble. Basically a heel commentator masterclass from start to finish.

Bobby: Virgil just came in, he's number 23, right?
    Gorilla: That's right!
    Bobby: Just think, who knows how many bags he's gone through in the back!
    Gorilla: Will you be serious?

:pac:
    Or the best line I've ever heard. Piper helps flair "I never thought I'd say this, but thank you Piper. It's a kilt. It's not a skirt, it's a kilt.
    [Piper then nails Flair]
    You no good creep! You skirt-wearing freak! It's not a kilt, it's a skirt.

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

In my mind, Heenan is best at commentary rather than managing

• Advertisement

I know I basically divide WWF/E dans into two groups : Monsoon/Ventura or Monsoon/Heenan. No need to be smart by mentioning other commentary setups. We all know deep down that they are the all time gold standard.

*Turns to 7 year old in Cena shirt.*

"You there. Monsoon and Ventura or Monsoon and Heenan? ANSWER ME NOW.

RENEE YOUNG???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

briany wrote: »
    I know I basically divide WWF/E dans into two groups : Monsoon/Ventura or Monsoon/Heenan. No need to be smart by mentioning other commentary setups. We all know deep down that they are the all time gold standard.

*Turns to 7 year old in Cena shirt.*

"You there. Monsoon and Ventura or Monsoon and Heenan? ANSWER ME NOW.

RENEE YOUNG???"

Yeah, lazy kids, all 7 year old fans should know about commentary teams from before their fathers were born. Blasted PG era and Cena :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not a random thought, but it occurred to me that today is the 11 year anniversary of Eddie Guerrero beating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at No Way Out 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not a random thought, but it occurred to me that today is the 11 year anniversary of Eddie Guerrero beating Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at No Way Out 2004.

Jesus, I feel so old now!

One of those real "feel good" moments. I never expected Eddie to win that match

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Eleven years ? Jesus I'm officially old. I remember watching It with my brother and cousin and waking up the whole house when I shouted YES very loud at ten to four.

Ah good times. A genuine mark out moment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I regularly watch that moment on YouTube, it is without a doubt my favourite moment as a wrestling fan. I was a big Smackdown head back in the day along with a WCW head before that! Followed Eddie in WCW with the LWO into the radicals an Latino heat then he started having great matches on Smackdown!

I outlined to my friends we were all around 13/14 that the next two big guys will be Cena and Eddie(I was laughed at) when Eddie started doing the lie cheat steal gimmick. When he went on to win at NWO, I couldn't o been happier!

Also loved when e smashed Tajiri through his lowrider windshield!

The promo Eddie cut before the show on Smackdown is wonderful. Pure passion.

I love the SD after too when he comes to the ring through the crowd. Dem feels.

Brock just couldn't handle Eddie's Latino heat that night.

And that feel good moment led to an even better one at Wrestlemania 20. Two champs in the ring, embracing each other at the top of the mountain, after long careers of being told they weren't gonna be or capable of being top guys. Unfortunately, forever darkened in hindsight, but such a great emotional moment at the time.

c22e65b31462046c8db548e7d214d939.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A random though I've had is if I could ask vince McMahon one question it would be why does he hate the term pro wrestling so much now. I mean without pro wrestling he wouldn't have had a family business to go into and eventually own and become very wealthy from.

Itt kind of bugs me actually.I grew up a fan of pro wrestling not sport entertainment.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A random though I've had is if I could ask vince McMahon one question it would be why does he hate the term pro wrestling so much now. I mean without pro wrestling he wouldn't have had a family business to go into and eventually own and become very wealthy from.

Itt kind of bugs me actually.I grew up a fan of pro wrestling not sport entertainment.

I think part of it is that when Vince entered the wrestling business, and especially when he took over the WWF, there was, what he would somewhat condescendingly call "rasslin'"promoted by your Jim Crocketts and Verne Gagnes. As he saw it, this presentation of the product was dying and so he sought to
    create a new take on it and expand the promotion by incorporating more elements of pop culture and larger than life personalities in a package he called 'sports entertainment'. This brand has been pretty successful by just about any metric and probably only reinforces his belief that his formula is a winning one.

There is also tho point that courting the term "pro-wrestling" too much and focusing more on the sport side of things could lead down a slippery slope of legitimacy, to unions, to proper regulation, to benefits for the company's workers. I think Vince prefers the current situation where the performers have the lower hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is this the correct place to speak of the current product?

Pound for pound, in terms of pure in-ring ability only, no one in WWE can match Adrian Neville right now.

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Pound for pound, in terms of pure in-ring ability only, no one in WWE can match Adrian Neville right now.

Thoughts?

Sami Zayn I think could match him.

Moneymaker wrote: »

Thoughts?

There are many.

Sami Zayn
    Cesaro
    Tyson Kidd
    Daniel Bryan
    Seth Rollins
    The new Sin Cara

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    There are many.

Sami Zayn
    Cesaro
    Tyson Kidd
    Daniel Bryan
    Seth Rollins
    The new Sin Cara

Finn Balor?

I just think Neville has a smoothness and polish to the way he moves around the ring that no one else has. He's also really well balanced, he can chain wrestle, bust out suplexs and power moves and obviously the flippy ****.

He's got a great grasp of psychology and storytelling in the ring too which maybe some others don't have.

Never in 20+ years of watching have I seen a guy move like he does though.

Pity about the ears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Sasha Banks if you are talking P4P. She's like 90lbs.

Finn Balor?

Forgot Finn (of course he's included)
    Also, KENTA

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Shame Neville is absolute death on the mic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Shame Neville is absolute death on the mic.

That's nothing an auld Mighty Mouse gimmick can't sort out...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement