Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Watching ROH episodes on their website is such a pain. If I try and pause it more than once it randomly skips ahead or freezes on me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can't see Bryan ever winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is one that kinda annoys me in a trivial sense. They use battle royal opening shots in Royal Rumble promo videos all the time. There's never 20 or 30 blokes in the ring during the rumble match at the same time, think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Loughc wrote: »
    I can't see Bryan ever winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship again.

I think they will have to throw it on him again somewhere down the line to please the fans. Those cheers won't go away unless they do a outright burial of the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I hate the way Michael Cole pronounces Philadelphia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know it has been mentioned a trillion times at this stage. But I couldn't care less about 90% of theses dream matches that are thrown up at Mania of late with the part timers.

The streak lost all it's allure once Taker became a once a year guy.

Hogan/Rock was phenomenal for the sole reason it happened so organically and wasn't force. Might come across as typical IWC "that was better" but Rock/Cena always seemed to be trying to be Hogan/Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I know it has been mentioned a trillion times at this stage. But I couldn't care less about 90% of theses dream matches that are thrown up at Mania of late with the part timers.

The streak lost all it's allure once Taker became a once a year guy.

Hogan/Rock was phenomenal for the sole reason it happened so organically and wasn't force. Might come across as typical IWC "that was better" but Rock/Cena always seemed to be trying to be Hogan/Rock.

We had a perfect, organic dream match gift wrapped and waiting for us all, but nope the fossil wants his muscled up Samoan instead and who cares what your audience or hardcore fans want to see.

Lesnar v Austin in 2004 was a missed opportunity and i'd have loved to have seen HBK/Eddie or HBK/Rock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why do they still call them pay per views when its not pay per view anymore ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why do they still call them pay per views when its not pay per view anymore ???????

I think the new phrase will be Special Events, which will likely be phased in slowly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Why do they still call them pay per views when its not pay per view anymore ?

They called the monthly shows 'special events' for about two months and it sounded a tad silly, the term pay-per-view has a legacy to it, it will take time to get people exclusively switched to this streaming gimmick and they actually still sell PPVs. I think Survivor Series last year sold several thousand worldwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's more or less just a term now anyway. Like I still use "Direct to Video" when referring to such movies.
    Why try to come up with a new term and re-educate everyone when you can use a recognised term?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's more or less just a term now anyway. Like I still use "Direct to Video" when referring to such movies.
    Why try to come up with a new term and re-educate everyone when you can use a recognised term?

Sure we still "tape" things onto the sky plus box. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The main event of wrestlemania V was the first ive rewatched on the network that had that big match feel to it. It was a mania main event IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The main event of wrestlemania V was the first ive rewatched on the network that had that big match feel to it. It was a mania main event IMO.

That main event to me was the highlight of Hulkamania. One of my favourite match builds ever too. I love slow burn storylines: the payoff is so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Adiboo wrote: »
    I hate the way Michael Cole pronounces Philadelphia.

I hate the way he speaks full stop...

"the WWE chaampiiion"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hate the way he speaks full stop...

"the WWE chaampiiion"

They way Lillian Garcia says championship bugs me and it seems it's spreading to other announcers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I always wondered, what if John Cena never debuted on Smackdown in June 2002, would Vince have found someone else to be the WWE's top dog?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I always wondered, what if John Cena never debuted on Smackdown in June 2002, would Vince have found someone else to be the WWE's top dog?

Orton, Batista and Lesnar all graduated that year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I actually started a thread along similar lines before. It didn't generate huge discussion, but here's the link if you wanted a read: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84165800 :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dunno if many were watching The Notorious just there on RTE, McGregor quoted Vinnie Macs theme music and copied his strut... Vince, make it happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Watching Rock/Austin at WM17 on the Network and they really hyped how the match was no DQ but then they had the sharpshooter spot were they both got to the ropes and Earl Hebner was telling them to let go of the hold. Didn't really make sense.

simpsons-genius-at-work.gif

I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

J. Marston wrote: »
    Watching Rock/Austin at WM17 on the Network and they really hyped how the match was no DQ but then they had the sharpshooter spot were they both got to the ropes and Earl Hebner was telling them to let go of the hold. Didn't really make sense.

simpsons-genius-at-work.gif

I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Same thing happened in Undertakers HIAC with Batista. Taker had Batista in the triangle choke and Batista got the ropes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah that happens in WWE a lot, plotholes in wrestling matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Somewhat inexplicably Percy Watson just popped into my head. Surely he could have been a better fit with Darren Young than human snooze Titus O'Neill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Have the commentators ever made reference to Dusty Rhodes being called Stardust in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Have the commentators ever made reference to Dusty Rhodes being called Stardust in the past?

Don't think so but I haven't watched all the DustBros matches of the past year. I think it's supposed to be an in-joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Reganio 2 wrote: »

They have.

No idea how I ended up on this video, but I seen this on youtube:

At the start I thought "just a chap recording entrances and such" like a lot of people do. Then I seen more of it. He's actually after paying to go to the Rumble, and he's sitting there, shouting and screaming into a camera, filming himself and being annoying as **** for the sake of it (obviously thinking he's really 'cool').

I got to 1:18 where he started giving out that other people had brought signs and goes on to insult them. Jesus.

If I was sat near him, or indeed, I was one of the people with the signs...

stunner2.gif

Was thinking how cool it would be when Finn Balor comes up and faces off against the fearsome Wyatt. Bray vs Bray. Could work it into promos, ''Finn, you've come from Bray... but now Bray's gonna come to you boy. I'm here!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Just noticed in that video after Bryan gets eliminated they bring out goldust so they have shattered dreams across the screen. Quite apt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement