Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

To borrow an idea from OSW who is in people's anti-boy stable? Wrestlers you just cannot stand, for whatever reason.

Baron Corbin: Incredibly boring character and wrestler.

Dolph Ziggler: Has one face trait, screaming about he "scratched and clawed for an opportunity" and it's so annoying. People are so checked out on him that a crowd last year shat all over his PPV main event with Rollins.

Bray Wyatt: This fúcker. He has one promo, rambling on about buzzards and bullshít. If someone could name even one semi-decent singles match he has had, I'll be shocked. Those multi-mans with The Shield count for nothing because Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose could probably carry anyone on this forum to at least 2.5 star match. The fact that his entrance is a "crowd experience" with the fireflys of phone's cameras accounts for 95% of the reason crowds tolerate him. The worst "look" of any main event level guy in recent history. Ditched the wife and kids to hook up with Jojo so he would qualify for another OSW staple, cúnt of the year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote:
    To borrow an idea from OSW who is in people's anti-boy stable? Wrestlers you just cannot stand, for whatever reason.

Randy Boreton- Phoning it in for years. Pops up the odd time with a semi-interesting angle only to slide back into his mundane monotone sh1te again shortly afterwards.

Lashley - no character, no charisma, all he has is a body. Sick to my back teeth of him.

Rey Mysterio - can't explain this one really, I didn't miss him when he was gone, I'm meh about him being back.

Oh and Elias. Act is stale as fook now, fast forward through him every time now. Another one of those might have been good but through bad booking never will be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

J. Marston wrote: »

Mark Henry - When he got his push there a few years ago I was very surprised at the reaction he was getting from the fans. He just never impressed me and was very slow and boring in the ring too. Then he cut that one promo on Smackdown and started the Hall of Pain gimmick and everyone was treating him like he was the best thing going. I once saw a comment from one fan who claimed Mark Henry was a better wrestler than Bret Hart. To me Mark Henry will always be a mid-card act best known for his sexual chocolate days and impregnating Mae Young.

Albert Del Rio - The wrestler was incredibly boring and uninteresting. Just never cared for him at all.

The Bella Twins - Never liked them, never found them attractive, never cared for them as wrestlers and I hate how over-hyped they are by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Big Show.

An overrated, often overweight sack of monkey crap. Boring. Offence looks terrible. Ring name is terrible. Entrance theme is beyond terrible. Just terrible. People always say he's fantastic for a big man, the only thing he's fantastic for is making me not care. They can never decide if he's a monster threat or a bumbling clown. He just is an absolute channel changer for me, that's without his 637 face/heel turns. Just don't care. The ultimate anti-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

J. Marston wrote: »

I agree with some of the previous suggestions like ziggler, corbin and wyatt, but I think my choice will be unpopular.

THE MIZ - cant stand him. Never could. He does play the whiny heel well, especially at mid card level, but he shouldnt be on the next level. One of the reasons I turned off from wwe a few years back along with John Morrison/Nitro.

oh, and Jinder Mahal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Cody- just an average wrestler who thinks hes one of the best and comes off as a knob in real life

Dolph- same as cody

Wyatt - just meh

theres loads more but they are top 3 groan when they come on my screen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

sky88 wrote: »
    Cody- just an average wrestler who thinks hes one of the best and comes off as a knob in real life

Dolph- same as cody

Wyatt - just meh

theres loads more but they are top 3 groan when they come on my screen

In ring wise Dolph is a lot more talented than Cody.

Cody is just vanilla to me. He doesn't have that innate charisma like his brother and Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Cody is a businessman through and through. I've great admiration for what he's done. Absolutely his oul lad's son who took his wisdom on board and built upon it which is great to see.

Undertaker doing sponsored ads is very very strange to me

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvmMC6qgFYL/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=19qkos2v0dyw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I remember that clip of Vince blanking KO after his match with Jericho at Mania two years ago. Jericho goes into a little detail on it here...

Don't know what Vince was watching. Match was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just occurred to me watching that video how, yeah, Jericho has a really poor hitrate at Mania. So many matches that look amazing on paper (Punk, AJ, Owens, Triple H, Angle/Benoit etc) and we should remember as classics that only end up okay in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Don't know what Vince was watching. Match was fine.

That match along with the Ambrose vs Rollins one recently are ones that should have been no DQ. They shouldn't be the type of matches where you see wrestlers doing long chinlocks or collar and elbow tie ups, they should want to tear each other's heads off. But it's not like it's the only issue with WWE not noticing things like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Here's a random one. I woke up this morning looking for TakeOver spoilers and couldn't believe it when I found out Wrestlemania weekend is still a week away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And you'd be a day late as well since it's on Friday. :) Sunday morning would be HoF spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

With Christian not going into the HOF again this year. You'd have to wonder is it his call to not go in ? I mean Edge, and the Dudley boys in yet he isn't. He and Edge have a podcast and many wrestlers current and retired have praised him to high heaven for his in ring ability and feel for the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    With Christian not going into the HOF again this year. You'd have to wonder is it his call to not go in ? I mean Edge, and the Dudley boys in yet he isn't. He and Edge have a podcast and many wrestlers current and retired have praised him to high heaven for his in ring ability and feel for the business.

Vince must have some sort of grudge against Christian. He's always been treated rather unfairly by WWE. He's a great worker and someone who has done well with whatever he has been given but WWE or Vince never really gave him the ball. Sure he won the World Heavyweight Championship but I think that had more to do with Edge retiring then WWE wanting him to have it.

Then there's the way he kind've just retired quietly from WWE. There was no formal announcement or mention of it until Christian finally confirmed it himself. I kept wondering to myself why Christian hasn't been on WWE tv for a long time. I thought WWE forgot about him or something, then one day I learn that he's retired. So yeah I don't expect Christian to be in the Hall of Fame for some time to come. I reckon the Hardy Boyz will get in before Christian does.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

John Oliver's show dedicated their long form analysis to WWE this week. John's a huge Wrestling fan!

Worth a watch (on mobile so I can't paste the link properly)

https://youtu.be/m8UQ4O7UiDs

i was just thinking with all the deserved flack wwe gets over the booking decsions has there ever been times wwe did something you thought was garbage decsion at the start but looking back they actually went the right way.

For me christian losing the title after finally winning it i was so pssed when they did it but as the story played out i think it gave him more memorable run and some great matches with orton and one of the last time randy seemed to be truely give a damm about a feud and the led into the great mark henry run too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sky88 wrote: »
    i was just thinking with all the deserved flack wwe gets over the booking decsions has there ever been times wwe did something you thought was garbage decsion at the start but looking back they actually went the right way.

For me christian losing the title after finally winning it i was so pssed when they did it but as the story played out i think it gave him more memorable run and some great matches with orton and one of the last time randy seemed to be truely give a damm about a feud and the led into the great mark henry run too

Sheamus beating D Bryan in 13 seconds at Mania. Initially I thought it was a horrible decision for a cheap pop but it worked out pretty well for all concerned.

Bryan went to Raw and had some excellent matches with Punk, and the Yes movement stuff began to develop (along with Team Hell No).

Sheamus went back to Smackdown as a dominant ass-kicking champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/marykayfabe/status/1111761051597578240

The infamous Bret Hart vs Tom Magee match is in the hands of someone outside of WWE. Hope to see it someday although it's been built up so much its bound to disappoint. Here is a bit about the backstory

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thread has reached over 10k posts so needs to be closed.

New thread opening soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement