Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

These goggles do nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Shame Neville is absolute death on the mic.

He's gotten a lot better imo. He's perfectly passable now I think. He's the type that will get over on his in-ring ability alone, no matter what **** Vince and Dunn give him to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I think he's on the same level as Finn, Hideo, Owens, Zayn etc. Also he has a very dry personality is boring on the mic.

I was thinking he was getting better until I heard him on commentary.

Woeful!

I was thinking he was getting better until I heard him on commentary.

Woeful!

Yeah twas fairly terrible, so what are you people's opinions on the Wrestlemania main event? What would you like to see?

• Advertisement

Reigns/Lesnar for a combination of lols and also because I don't respect them shoe-horning in D-Bry again and feel it shows a complete lack of spine, to the extent that I'm sure even Daniel Bryan is embarrassed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just on Neville. He should always wear his hair down rather than tied back, covers his ears well. Another thing, someone being good on the mic doesn't necessecarily translate into being good on commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just on Neville. He should always wear his hair down rather than tied back, covers his ears well. Another thing, someone being good on the mic doesn't necessecarily translate into being good on commentary.

I actually enjoyed Neville's promos etc during his feud with Sami Zayn. He can sell intensity well. I think he's working on the accent too, it doesn't seem to be as strongly Geordie lately.

Agreed on the rasher lugs though, he looks like an elf unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Wade Barrett sounds like Shaun's bully from This is England '86.

New count out rule. Count down from 13! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is this the correct place to speak of the current product?

WWE? There are indivdual threads each week for Raw and Smackdown and then each monthly show. NXT has a thread. There's a general wrestling news/rumours thread and a few other themed discussions pop up.

There is a Japanese wrestling thread kicking around, an Irish wrestling thread and a thread for indys. Can't remember last time I clicked on a TNA thread.

This thread is used for random musings which sometimes gets picked up into a broader discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

briany wrote: »
    Wade Barrett sounds like Shaun's bully from This is England '86.

New count out rule. Count down from 13! :D

Haha, if only WWE allowed bad language Wade Barrett's promo would be even more amazing. Just imagine him in the ring with John Cena, and says to him "I'll f*cking have you, ya c*nt"

Reigns/Lesnar for a combination of lols and also because I don't respect them shoe-horning in D-Bry again and feel it shows a complete lack of spine, to the extent that I'm sure even Daniel Bryan is embarrassed about it.

Rather annoying how Bryan fans hijack the show if they don't get their way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Remember when Edge and Christian were suing WWE for millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rovert wrote: »
    Remember when Edge and Christian were suing WWE for millions?

Settled out of court..Christian will get a HoF place someday long into the future but only a member of Los Conquistadors and not as

ChristianBlueDot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I guess this article is accurate enough, Cena is on the decline. I remember at WM20 he was in the opening match against Big Show for the US title and then a year later was in the main event. Now he's moving back down the card.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2363753-john-cena-will-cement-his-position-in-the-midcard-at-wwe-wrestlemania-31

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pretty sure rovert said, a few months ago, the plan was for Cena to become more special attraction, like Taker was a few years back or HBK.

Its a natural fit for him, he doesn't need to be the workhorse he was anymore, he will still be way above the term mid card performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Not so much a random thought more a slight brag,just booked my flights and bought my ticket I'M GOING TO SEE ISHII IN PERSON!!! can't wait till June in London now.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I don't think he's "moving down the card" as much as Brock I nailed to the top of it until he decides he's had enough. We've seen Cena/Brock twice at PPVs already and it was great. But you can't have it forever. I'd wager as soon as Brock is gone we'll have Cena/Reigns or Cena/Rollins shortly after.

4 times, really. 3 singles matches and the triple-threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Cena vs Roman should be saved for something big, like Summerslam. I don't want to see that one wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Reebrock wrote: »
    Cena vs Roman should be saved for something big, like Summerslam. I don't want to see that one wasted.

Two faces. Zero cheers. :pac:

Who here wants to see Reigns succeed? Despite all the criticism, it's a refreshment to see someone new in the title picture and I wish him the best.

Who here wants to see Reigns succeed? Despite all the criticism, it's a refreshment to see someone new in the title picture and I wish him the best.

The IWC don't seem to want him. They don't think he's ready. WWE doesn't really care what the IWC wants, though, and they're not afraid of the blow-back from annoying them. Take, for example, #cancelWWEnetwork which seems like a distant memory now and wasn't even a month ago. Has WWE's business model suddenly crumbled? Not really.

I want to see Brock Lesnar succeed because he's the only compelling guy in the title picture, to me. Bryan, Rollins, Cena, Orton and Reigns are all meh in comparison. Brock is legitimate. Him plus Heyman are the total package.

But I wonder about Reigns possibly winning at Wrestlemania because Wrestlemania has long been a pilgrimage of the hardcore smark fans and in the last few years they have become vocal. If Reigns goes over at WM then that reaction at the Rumble may seem positively polite in retrospect. Fantasy booking : I'd save Reigns' ascension to champion 'til SS and give Brock the money. The buildup to this year's WM is turning out to be a damp squib and I don't think anyone is looking ready to take the title because WWE have been botching the pushes.

Brock looks UFC bound though, I really have no clue what they should do. It's a right clustermuck at the moment. Reigns beating Bryan at Fastlane can surely bring nothing but heat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brock looks UFC bound though, I really have no clue what they should do. It's a right clustermuck at the moment. Reigns beating Bryan at Fastlane can surely bring nothing but heat.

The wind has been blowing in the direction of WWE for a while now. Ever since Royal Rumble really. When they booked him so heroic essentially.

rovert wrote: »
    The wind has been blowing in the direction of WWE for a while now. Ever since Royal Rumble really. When they booked him so heroic essentially.

The injury is to blame, without it I'm sure he would have built up some momentum and fans might have become drawn to him.

I don't know what will happen at Fastlane, but the rumour is they're going for a triple threat at WM (again) with Reigns and Bryan. If that rumour is true, they'll probably just use the Fastlane match to build their feud.

Other random thought, why not an NXT title defence at WM? Maybe as a pre-show main event??

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I thought a 3 way at Mania was pretty much a sure thing at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Zach Gowen would be unbeatable in a Royal Rumble match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I want a Wrestlemania to end in a roof shattering chant of "Feed Me More" and the confetti falling on Ryback's bald head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement