Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leggo wrote: »
    No you're right, it made no sense. That finish killed Luger's WWE career, he was hot going into that. Imagine they did the same with Bryan last year, there'd be an actual riot!

I'd have to rematch the finish but did he say he DQed him for x amount of reasons and then didn't mention them all ?

No you're right, it made no sense. That finish killed Luger's WWE career, he was hot going into that. Imagine they did the same with Bryan last year, there'd be an actual riot!

Didn't luger get ****faced prior to the event and reveal the original plans which was for him to win the title ? That finish didn't help but wasn't the only cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Michael Cole as a face is so annoying.

Is this retroactive continuity or what? Michael Cole is acting like he always liked Daniel Bryan and never liked the Miz. On February 20, 2015 episode of Smackdown he said Daniel Bryan schooled his NXT mentor the Miz. I seemed to remember Michael Cole being Bryan's number one critic that they even fought a few times. Also, Michael Cole even interfered in one of Miz's matches against The King so that he could retain the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

764dak wrote: »

Is this retroactive continuity or what? Michael Cole is acting like he always liked Daniel Bryan and never liked the Miz. On February 20, 2015 episode of Smackdown he said Daniel Bryan schooled his NXT mentor the Miz. I seemed to remember Michael Cole being Bryan's number one critic that they even fought a few times. Also, Michael Cole even interfered in one of Miz's matches against The King so that he could retain the title.

Over three months ago so it didn't happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

764dak wrote: »

It's pro wresting dude...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Didn't luger get ****faced prior to the event and reveal the original plans which was for him to win the title ? That finish didn't help but wasn't the only cause.

Hadn't heard that one tbh! Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If the tag team is referred to as Gold & Stardust then shouldn't a match between them be referred to as Gold Vs Stardust?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

We seriously have too much time on our hands.

Hadn't heard that one tbh! Interesting.

I'm sure that's what happened anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'm sure that's what happened anyway.

There's a few versions of that story I don't truly remember the correct one but either Luger told a journalist or a journalist overheard him. Either way the "result" ended up in the paper.

I am unsure when Lex was told he wasn't getting the title. Since the Royal Rumble Bret was gaining momentum and Lex was losing it. WWF had TV tapings prior to Wrestlemania for matches to be aired after it. They did an angle for the live crowd where Luger scared off Jim Cornette who was holding the belt and Vince McMahon announced to the audience "wouldn't it be great if Luger WERE the WWF champion!?" So they had Lex come out with the belt and everything and swerved everyone "in the know" by putting the title on Bret Hart at Wrestlemania X.

LexWE1.jpg

The reaction to Luger holding the belt was lukeworm so that only strengthen the case against him.

I'd have to go back and read Bret's book but at least momentarily Vince thought about giving the belt to Luger as he didn't want to be seen as flinching to the newspaper story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

21 years later, still the same problem. That's very interesting I must look more into that, could be an interesting article in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

All those smark hockey chants are cringeworthy. Whether praising the action or s*itting on it from a great height, they serve to take us out of the action and forget we're watching a scripted spectacle. If something is genuinely awesome, we don't need to organise a chant agreeing that it is such.

Does anyone else think they say ''from Pepsi Cola, Florida... Roman Reigns''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Wrestlemania X was one great event. It had two five star matches on its card and the others werent great but not terrible.

Watching this now, have never watched the full ppv and to be honest it shows what nostalgia can do. Imagine if you will the booking for this show happend this wrestlemania.

Lesnar vs Reigns is the main match but before that Reigns has a match against Bray Wyatt (midcarder) which he loses. Meanwhile Lesnar has a championship match before the next championship match. Facing John Cena, which Lesnar wins but looks incredibly weak having got the visual loss lying flat on his back for about 20 seconds and only retains due to a stupid referee decision.

Cue absolute uproar in the crowd and on the Internet.

Edit: also yokozunas shoulders weren't down, sure he is holding his head (from what appears to be a phantom bump) all very poorly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania 32 in Texas with both of them going into the HoF the night before since both are based in/from Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I just vommed a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The yes chant is beginning to annoy the f**k out of me.

Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania 32 in Texas with both of them going into the HoF the night before since both are based in/from Texas.

The only thing is I don't think taker will break character for his speech though and I want to hear the man not the character in his hall of fame speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fast Lane Spoiler
    When Rusev had Cena in the sub move at the end, the ref looked confused as if he had no clue what to do. Whateevr happened the lifting the hand 3 times and if it fell 3 times that was that?

gimmick wrote: »
    Fast Lane Spoiler
    When Rusev had Cena in the sub move at the end, the ref looked confused as if he had no clue what to do. Whateevr happened the lifting the hand 3 times and if it fell 3 times that was that?

That was exactly what I was thinking when watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That was exactly what I was thinking when watching it.
    I think maybe they didn't want to show visually that Cena was submitting or giving up. The ref stopped it. It wasn't meant to look like a tap out

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ERG89 wrote: »
    I think maybe they didn't want to show visually that Cena was submitting or giving up. The ref stopped it. It wasn't meant to look like a tap out
    This is exactly it.

WWE are building Rusev the way they should be building Reigns.

''Wrestler X has just pinned the Intercontinental Champion'' following any given non title match on Raw or Smackdown.

Stop it.

Dolph Ziggler's nickname is the Show Off.

Dolph Ziggler's motto is "It's not showing off if you can back it up".

So by that logic, if he's calling himself a Show Off, he's admitting he can't back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral wrote: »
    Dolph Ziggler's nickname is the Show Off.

Dolph Ziggler's motto is "It's not showing off if you can back it up".

So by that logic, if he's calling himself a Show Off, he's admitting he can't back it up.

But he's here to show the World...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just got the network and started watching 2004. How in the holy hell did Hardcore Holly get a title shot against Brock at the Royal Rumble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Deadlie wrote: »
    Just got the network and started watching 2004. How in the holy hell did Hardcore Holly get a title shot against Brock at the Royal Rumble?

Brock legit broke Hollys neck in a Smackdown match about a year earlier when he botched a powerbomb (loads of people say Holly intentionally sandbagged Lesnar to make him look bad so it was his own fault) and the RR match was Hollys return/revenge match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

orestes wrote: »
    Brock legit broke Hollys neck in a Smackdown match about a year earlier when he botched a powerbomb (loads of people say Holly intentionally sandbagged Lesnar to make him look bad so it was his own fault) and the RR match was Hollys return/revenge match.

Holly spoke about it a few years later and said it was simply an accident, Brock felt bad, visited him in hospital etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was surprised to see Bryan use the diving headbutt miss spot on Raw thought he'd have dumped that after the neck injury
    Just a thought

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement