Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Skinny Billy's barbers gone. Shop unit empty since last week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

ciano1 wrote: »
    That 'Chip Inn' chipper seems to be closed down AGAIN. Windows are covered up with newspaper

They were supposed to be closed over the weekend for some quick renovations. Don't know if they over ran or just closed up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

New place called 'Eco' gone in next to where the Polish shop was on the Sean Mulvoy road, a second hand shop going by the sign.
    A new flower shop gone in where Flowers by Kay was downstairs in Eyre Sq centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

New Italian restaurant opposite Salthill church. La Collina.

I'm not sure what was there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm not sure what was there before.
    Paprika, an indian place. wasn't bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Les Jumelles (sp?) on Abbeygate Street has gone into liquidation according to the Sentinel this week.

Meanwhile, a ladies fashion shop is going in to the former Carpenters Menswear on Church Lane.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Riordan's Restaurant is shut down. Not a huge fan of the place but it was a landmark on quay street and I'm sorry to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Riordan's Restaurant is shut down. Not a huge fan of the place but it was a landmark on quay street and I'm sorry to see it go.

It say on a sign outside it's for renovations

ArtyC wrote: »
    It say on a sign outside it's for renovations

If it happens suddenly and without notice, that is usually a euphemism. But I know speculation is not allowed on this thread, so I'll leave it at that and hope that it is just renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Les Jumelles (sp?) on Abbeygate Street has gone into liquidation according to the Sentinel this week.

Meanwhile, a ladies fashion shop is going in to the former Carpenters Menswear on Church Lane.

Provide the link? Apparently it is not gone into liquidation its simply moving premises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

ErnieBert wrote: »

Provide the link? Apparently it is not gone into liquidation its simply moving premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

JillyQ wrote: »

There's something about this in one of the papers (sentinel I think). Small article very easy to miss, I'll try to get a copy of it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

The Sentinel is not online. I saw the article alright. Sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

According to the article, the liquidator is being appointed to the operating company tomorrow. There are debts of c. €250k. Will they clear these before "moving premises"?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

According to the article, the liquidator is being appointed to the operating company tomorrow. There are debts of c. €250k. Will they clear these before "moving premises"?

"Meeting of Creditors" scheduled tomorrow.

aka Liquidator to be appointed. Sad to see.

Is it me or is that a crazy amount of debt for that type business though?

http://www.vision-net.ie/Company-Info/Les-Jumelles-Limited-261848

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Brazillian place closed a few months ago. Being repainted outside today, so i guess the next victim ... err tenant has been found. Seeems a very difficult location to make work.

The new incarnation is going to be 'Brogans (*I think) Music Bar'. Let's hope Brogan* knows what he/she is doing in the current climate.

*=I have bad eyesight.

Riordan's is being worked on inside already so I think the previous post was a false alarm.

Townhouse closed till march.

Chez Azur closed til jan 30

'tis amazing what you learn on a Friday night off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The new incarnation is going to be 'Brogans (*I think) Music Bar'. Let's hope Brogan* knows what he/she is doing in the current climate.

*=I have bad eyesight.

Riordan's is being worked on inside already so I think the previous post was a false alarm.

Super burst of info - good to hear about Riordans (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

*=I have bad eyesight.

Yeah, Townhouse due to damage from storms, electrics got it badly :( I don't think they gave a definite date, but a couple of months is a good estimate.

Just be aware that removing equipment from a premises looks a lot like renovation.

But as I said before I hope it is a false alarm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

El_Dangeroso, you're being a bit too persistent with your opinion, the sign says closed for renovations so lets just stick with the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

new hairdressers opened across from the blue note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Bodkin point seems to be gone too. We had a reservation there on Friday night for a birthday party. We just turned up and the place was locked up, no word of warning. We were just told its something to do with the bank apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Klassy kids on cross street, window plastered with big notice.

westy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

westgolf wrote: »
    Klassy kids on cross street, window plastered with big notice.

westy

A closing down sale is underway to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Asmodean wrote: »
    Bodkin point seems to be gone too. We had a reservation there on Friday night for a birthday party. We just turned up and the place was locked up, no word of warning. We were just told its something to do with the bank apparently.

They had a note on the window staying that their schedule is changing. Something like there will be no lunch buffet on X days but instead a lunch menu etc... it was a little confusing tbh.

I have a lunch buffet voucher - don't know how they'll honour that now - maybe just choose something from the main menu?

*=I have bad eyesight.

Yes is Brogans, signage is up now, along with false inner windows so you can't see how empty it is from outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Chez Azur gone.

According to their answering machine they are on holidays and are open again from January 30.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Speculation removed.

We're going to seriously reconsider whether this thread is worth the hassle if people continue to post unverified, potentially damaging information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Speculation removed.

We're going to seriously reconsider whether this thread is worth the hassle if people continue to post unverified, potentially damaging information.

Given the cameraphone age, it's not much of an inconvenience to add a picture of any signs etc displayed on a business. Perhaps this should be a rule.

• Advertisement

antoobrien wrote: »
    Given the cameraphone age, it's not much of an inconvenience to add a picture of any signs etc displayed on a business. Perhaps this should be a rule.

Ahh, yes it is.

For whatever reason, touch doesn't have an Attach image button on my phone.

And how do you post a picture of an answerphone message.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement