Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Seán Kyne opening a constituency office at Woodquay.
    Expect regular protests outside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went to go to army & navy store off shop street, member of staff from a shop in front said it's gone?. Tried phoning earlier, no message or anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Remember the butcher in Terryland, closed awhile ago
    Can't remember the name but seen an add in the advertiser today for Haughs family butchers. Good to see a butchers open again, anyone know if it's same one or new?
    Seems good value, it's next to Terryland fruit and veg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

New place 'the E-cig store' across frm Carbon eglinton street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Has bodkin point closed down? About 2 or 3 weeks ago they were closed and a sign was up saying they changed the buffet times. The sign is gone now with a piece of paper with opening times. Still isn't open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Has bodkin point closed down? About 2 or 3 weeks ago they were closed and a sign was up saying they changed the buffet times. The sign is gone now with a piece of paper with opening times. Still isn't open.

i Saw the sign last weekend, but assumed (since the internal lights were on) that they are not fully closed.

Are the owners Chinese? Maybe they went back to China for the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Post from their facebook page dated January 30th https://www.facebook.com/bodkin.point.5?fref=ts
    Shop closed due to ongoing dispute with NAMA,will update with news.sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Post from their facebook page dated January 30th https://www.facebook.com/bodkin.point.5?fref=ts

Lovely, I have a groupon/livingsocial/whatever voucher for there.

What are the chances of getting a refund through the offer company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

JohnCleary wrote: »

I got my money back through living social when a restaurant I had a voucher for closed. And a few pound extra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,844 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes is Brogans, signage is up now, along with false inner windows so you can't see how empty it is from outside.

Was open during the weekend. Started trading last Thursday and still has the pool table, according to reliable sources.

I haven't been in it. But something about the outside makes me wonder if it's related to Brogan's in Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Brogans
    First time pub owners afaik who have a great interest in music and had an ambition to open their own place. Know some of their kids.
    Obviously up against it but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

JohnCleary wrote: »

I have a deal with them from LivingSocial.
    I've logged a support ticket on the 11th Feb requesting a refund and they emailed me on the 12th stating that it would take up to 7 working days to be investigated.

No resolution yet but I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Finally heard back - they have offered me 16 Euro credit towards another deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

It's not closed down although it may look it - the place on Raven Terrace that sells gym equipment and protein powders is (temporarily) closed and cleared. I asked them in the Gourmet Tart Co (two doors up the road) and they said it was for flood damage - apparently the floors have to be re-done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

New cafe/restaurant gone into the former Orange Cafe unit in the Cornstore.

when did Orange close? (I know they last updated their decor in the 1970s!)

when did Orange close? (I know they lasted updated their decor in the 1970s!)

They were last open before Xmas, place has been getting worked on inside for the last two weeks.

Forster St Fish and Chips are gone. Shop is in darkness, there's a sign on the door which just says "Moved. Find us in Salthill".

For those who don't know, 'twas the same guy/company behind both the Salthill and FS one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Townhouse not reopening until at least May according to the Tribune.

new hostel opening on Eglinton Street?
    I see signage stating 'The Savoy Hostel'

Edit: Planning granted for change of use of part of basement and ground floor from hotel storage to Hostel at 16-28 Eglinton Street

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is there a new hostel opening on Eglinton Street?
    I see signage stating 'The Savoy Hostel' yet no planning

Thats the one owned by the family who own/run The Imperial, was in the news sometime last year if i remember correctly.

Also a new partyware/tat shop gone into the former Polish tanning place in Woodquay.

Stolen from the twitosphere
    BheVazeIEAAnysm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Sorry snubs, what are we looking at here?

newkie wrote: »
    Sorry snubs, what are we looking at here?
    The horror 'current' interior of the Savoy Hostel..also that mauve shirt *shudder*

Homestore and More opens on March 21st in Wellpark

Champion Sports downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre is either gone, or having a major re-fit.

On Monday morning the place was cleared, and there were lots of big cartons stacked at the far end, and a sign saying "Shop closed. Phone <<number>> for details".

On Tuesday morning, similar except it looked even more bare and the sign was gone.

This morning, the entire place is boxed in.

... maybe someone who's around in the daytime might know more ...

Champion Sports downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre is either gone, or having a major re-fit.

On Monday morning the place was cleared, and there were lots of big cartons stacked at the far end, and a sign saying "Shop closed. Phone <<number>> for details".

On Tuesday morning, similar except it looked even more bare and the sign was gone.

This morning, the entire place is boxed in.

... maybe someone who's around in the daytime might know more ...

You should have read the sign in the window a little more carefully, says that the new look store is opening April 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Homestore and More is opening in two weeks time on March 21st.

I think it was mentioned here a couple of months ago, but no exact dates and its to open somewhere beside the Eye Cinema.

Homestore and More is opening in two weeks time on March 21st.

I think it was mentioned here a couple of months ago, but no exact dates and its to open somewhere beside the Eye Cinema.

Um! It was mentioned about two posts thataway ^^^.

• Advertisement

Fagans (under Great Southern) gone. Soon to be a fancy restaurant on two levels. Think the bottom bit is going already. One of the lads there tells me it's going to be the biz (if you can afford it).

The train in the Glenlo Abbey should be back in business in a few weeks.

And even though it goes against my veggie principles, Mary (who a lot of people would know from Henry Street) has started her own Fish shop in the Ballybane Industrial Estate beside Fyffes fruit+veg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement