Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

hedgehog2 wrote: »
    The only garage that I heard of clocking cars was <hearsay removed>

An example of how to back-up a potentially damaging allegation: http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0207/312023-nct/

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Blacoe jewellers opened a new shop in Eyre Square SC, Born have opened yet another shop up beside Debenhams....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Seeing jewellers opening all over the country, surprised they're getting the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Always positive to see more activity in the retail sector but another Born? They must be doing a good trade in their now 4/5 city branches.
    Out of interest, has there been a new tenant go into the ex HMV store in Edward Sq. ? Haven't been in Galway for 6 months.
    Im hoping 2014 brings more good news to the beleaguered sector.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

kefir32 wrote: »
    Always positive to see more activity in the retail sector but another Born? They must be doing a good trade in their now 4/5 city branches.
    Out of interest, has there been a new tenant go into the ex HMV store in Edward Sq. ? Haven't been in Galway for 6 months.
    Im hoping 2014 brings more good news to the beleaguered sector.

Yes Cara pharmacy are in where HMV used to be now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,812 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Theres a big orange banner saying "Hillbillys fried chicken opening soon" on the building in Eyre Square next to Permanent TSB.

There was a lot of fit-out work happening in the building before Christmas .. and there's more going on there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭howyanow

O'Leary's in Salthill closed.Trading since 1954 as a hotel,pub,off-licence and recently shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

howyanow wrote: »
    O'Leary's in Salthill closed.Trading since 1954 as a hotel,pub,off-licence and recently shop.

Is that "closed closed", or might it be weather-related?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭ratracer

Eeden wrote: »
    Is that "closed closed", or might it be weather-related?

No it's closed for good. Francis O'Leary had a post on the facebok page yesterday, but I can't link to it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

howyanow wrote: »

Tesco Express are opening up there.

They won't be getting a penny from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

ratracer wrote: »
    No it's closed for good. Francis O'Leary had a post on the facebok page yesterday, but I can't link to it at the moment.

Here is the Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Spotted a lot of work going on in the old Carpenter's Menswear shop, the one down the lane off Shop Street next to the Stock Exchange.

Looked like the interior was being kitted out, anybody know what's going in there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Costa Coffee is coming to Galway..but don't know where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Costa's is going into the former KC Blake's restuarant beside jurys

westy

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

westgolf wrote: »
    Costa's is going into the former KC Blake's restuarant beside jurys

westy

As a coffee lover that doesn't inspire me :( Indie quirky coffee houses FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hopefully all the yakking chattering shrieking types and the yummy mummies who don't keep their kids quiet kids will go to Costa Coffee and leave the decent places to the rest of yes.It might be cause for inspiration yet like.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Costa Coffee is coming to Galway..but don't know where.

Take a look at page 12 post no. 133 of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

That Brizilian place on prospect hill is closed and was being gutted yesterday. walking past it last month i thought it very early closing time so didnt want to comment here. didnt last long!!!

anyone know what's going into the unit between the o connells/internet cafe and garveys.seems a good bit of work is happening there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

there's plenty of room for both ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,812 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

swiftman wrote: »
    That Brizilian place on prospect hill is closed and was being gutted yesterday. walking past it last month i thought it very early closing time so didnt want to comment here. didnt last long!!!

anyone know what's going into the unit between the o connells/internet cafe and garveys.seems a good bit of work is happening there

Brazillian place closed a few months ago. Being repainted outside today, so i guess the next victim ... err tenant has been found. Seeems a very difficult location to make work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Seeems a very difficult location to make work.
    While that's probably true, you'd imagine the next tenants should be getting the rent for SFA. Also, a (very) good business will make (almost) anywhere work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Theres a big orange banner saying "Hillbillys fried chicken opening soon" on the building in Eyre Square next to Permanent TSB.

There was a lot of fit-out work happening in the building before Christmas .. and there's more going on there now.

From the Hillbillys website;
    Hillbilly's Family Restaurants are delighted to announce that they have commenced work on a new location in Eyre's Square in Galway. The location is due to open in the first quarter of 2014. Michael Grace, Founder commented" We are delighted to continue the expansion of the Hillbilly's Family Restaurants nationwide through franchising and we see Galway as a key location to this expansion. We look forward to developing more outlets throughout Ireland and internationally".

and their Facebook page...
    Hillbilly's have signed contracts and will have 3 new locations open in the first quarter of 2014 with the creation of 40 jobs in Ireland. Galway - Eyres Square; Dublin - Walkinstown; and Mahon Point - Cork. Here is a picture of the signing of the Galway Franchise....... Yes we are getting BIGGER and BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

1521331_806011466082903_908505050_n.jpg

This is excellent news, surprised there isn't a whole thread about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I hope their food is better than their spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

J o e wrote: »
    From the Hillbillys website;

and their Facebook page...

This is excellent news, surprised there isn't a whole thread about it!

Im guessing not everyone gets excited by Fried Chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Im guessing not everyone gets excited by Fried Chicken!

But, it's Hillbillys fried chicken....!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    I hope their food is better than their spelling.

So long as they're not snide or rude i'm not to fussed by the odd misspelled word.

So long as they're not snide or rude i'm not to fussed by the odd misspelled word.

Why? have you had a bad experience there before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

That 'Chip Inn' chipper seems to be closed down AGAIN. Windows are covered up with newspaper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement