Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,774 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Fagans (under Great Southern) gone. Soon to be a fancy restaurant on two levels. Think the bottom bit is going already.

Ya, spotted that and meant to mention that a couple of weeks ago: The Oyster Bar.

Noticed a day or two ago that the Meyrick (current name of the hotel for at least the last six years :) ) are doing some pretty extensive-looking interior renovations at the other side of the building too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Fagans (under Great Southern) gone. Soon to be a fancy restaurant on two levels. Think the bottom bit is going already. One of the lads there tells me it's going to be the biz (if you can afford it).

Fagans closed in early January. The bar manager told a few of us that there were plans for a restaurant in Fagans, with a bistro & bar and reconfigured lobby for the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

So JD sports are opening on 5th April in Champion Sports old shop...think they must have taken over champion sport as it's on their website as Champion S. along with a few other Irish stores!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Looks like The Galway Roast is undergoing renovations? I hope they're not gone, love that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

catgalway wrote: »
    So JD sports are opening on 5th April in Champion Sports old shop...think they must have taken over champion sport as it's on their website as Champion S. along with a few other Irish stores!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/jd-sports-acquires-champion-490739.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

Links234 wrote: »
    Looks like The Galway Roast is undergoing renovations? I hope they're not gone, love that place.

This is going into that unit...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Espresso-44/219830411557325?ref=hl

wily minx wrote: »

Sweet, another place to get over priced coffee. Just what Galway has been desperate for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Wonder if they are connected to Garvey's? They seemed to be moving their stock from there earlier anyways.

Wonder if they are connected to Garvey's? Garavans? They seemed to be moving their stock from there earlier anyways.

Fixed that for ya.

Well placed rumours say that the same guy owns both buildings, and was letting them use storage space upstairs in the pub.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sweet, another place to get over priced coffee. Just what Galway has been desperate for.

Haven't even been there - bitching about it.

Ah the Galway forum.

• Advertisement

Haven't even been there - bitching about it.

Ah the Galway forum.

Not bitching about it more wondering why the need for yet another coffee shop. Of all the things Galway needs, it ain't another place to get coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Not bitching about it more wondering why the need for yet another coffee shop. Of all the things Galway needs, it ain't another place to get coffee.
    Maybe there's enough demand for it? Just because you don't want it doesn't mean there isn't demand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

more of a rebranding than a new opening, the mauds ice cream outlet next to salthill amusements is now the creamery and the old hanover tyres outlet is also rebranded

westgolf

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Maybe there's enough demand for it? Just because you don't want it doesn't mean there isn't demand for it.

And always demand for authentic coffee not the generic outlet "anything will do" - I still don't think Galway has proper coffee offerings - I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

kefir32 wrote: »
    And always demand for authentic coffee not the generic outlet "anything will do" - I still don't think Galway has proper coffee offerings - I live in hope.

Thank you.

For a college town, Galway has lame ccoffee shops. There aren't enough places comfy enough to spend half a day hanging out. The majority of them are clinical and uncomfortable.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

newkie wrote: »
    Thank you.

For a college town, Galway has lame ccoffee shops. There aren't enough places comfy enough to spend half a day hanging out. The majority of them are clinical and uncomfortable.

Ain't much profit margin in having someone spend three euro to take up a seat for 4 hours. And Galway has a higher than average proportion of people hanging around with nothing in particular to do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

newkie wrote: »
    Thank you.

College towns need Coffee Shops? For hungover students?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

catgalway wrote: »

Where is that going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Fey! wrote: »
    Where is that going to be?

Downstairs in Eyre Square Shopping Centre, left of New Look as you look at it from outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Nokia Care has opened a new shop beside New Look and Specsavers, downstairs in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. I needed a bit of advice on the phone they swapped for me last week and my heart was in my mouth when I went up to their old place and it in darkness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Skittlemon wrote: »
    Nokia Care has opened a new shop beside New Look and Specsavers, downstairs in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre. I needed a bit of advice on the phone they swapped for me last week and my heart was in my mouth when I went up to their old place and it in darkness!

Is the edge barbers gone?

D Trent wrote: »
    Is the edge barbers gone?
    Looks like it!

Looks like it!
    Stop the press!! I just walked past it upstairs, its across from Jack Jones, ignore last post! :pac:

Stop the press!! I just walked past it upstairs, its across from Jack Jones, ignore last post! :pac:

So that means Click is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Click is the phone/tablet place isn't it? If so it's still there (somewhere). I passed it on Saturday.

Yeah I had a feeling it's still there. That Eyre Square Centre, it's a constant merry-go-round of tenants

Click has gone into a different unit I think ... mmm mmm .. maybe downstairs.

Click has gone into a different unit I think ... mmm mmm .. maybe downstairs.

Nope its on the Eyre Square exit side just beyond the former Lucaffe stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Nope its on the Eyre Square exit side just beyond the former Lucaffe stand.

Is the lucaffe stand closed up ? twas always hard to tell,

westy

• Advertisement

westgolf wrote: »
    Is the lucaffe stand closed up ? twas always hard to tell,

westy

Yup, aint been open the last two weeks and all their merchandise is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement