Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Canelo Alvarez September 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

el flaco wrote: »
    How much is the penalty though? Leonard Ellerbe said "it's a lot.....a lot".
    Speculation is that it's $1m per-pound. Admittedly Alvarez will be making a lot of money from this fight but that $1m+ would be a lot of money to forfeit.

Ture 1m is a lot but say he gives up 1m and comes in 153, think if he beats Mayweather how much more he will earn in future, if taking the 1m hit means he has a better chance of winning and not being weight drained i'd say its worth the money, either way he will get like 15m.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Hi guys,

I don't have sky and realise this is not available on telly any other way. If anyone would be able to send me a PM with any info on how to watch this card, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
    Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

davkel wrote: »
    pm sent

Hi, can I get that too pretty please? Desperate to avoid using any proxy servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

What time is the fight due to start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I've got UPC so I don't have direct access to the fight...could someone point me towards a site to stream the fight tomorrow night?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wow Floyd weighs in at 150.5 lbs .
    Thought he would have came in much lighter than that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Canelo bang on 152lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Boom. Good man saul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Canelo looks lean. But happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

So canelo came in on weight!

Great card too, super nights fighting ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Canelo looking very very lean, hopefully he didn't push himself too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

So canelo came in on weight!

Great card too, super nights fighting ahead

Yeah, been looking forward to this for a while now, the Garcia-Matthysee fight in particular.

Loved Canelo not even needing the translation for the 'are you ready' question....I really think he can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Ha that was insane, crazy weigh-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Canelo completely son'd Floyd by rejecting holding the belt...aww if Canelo wins it's be the best thing for boxing in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Canelo completely son'd Floyd by rejecting holding the belt...aww if Canelo wins it's be the best thing for boxing in ages.

Im not normally one for sticking up for Floyd but in this case he wasnt taking the p!ss. Apparently to mark 50 years of the WBC a replica belt made of gold has been produced for this fight which the winner gets to keep. This was the belt Floyd was holding and not one of his own but obviously Canelo didnt pick up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Hey who cares about the WBC surprised this isn't for the super super world championship version of their belts.
    Canelo's got tunnel vision and is in fight mode. I really hope this isn't another another 12 round schooling with all this hype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

what channels it this on? Can you get it on sky or UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Can Boxnation be viewed through Sky in Ireland? Can you view Boxnation online in Ireland? Their site says you can do both but I'm seeing many people complaining that they have problems doing so. I don't want to pay the money and wait up tonight only to be disappointed at not being able to see what should be a great fight. Anyone know for sure where to watch this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Have Mayweather by points/decision and Matthysse winning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Hi, any chance I could get this as well please?

PM with this info would be appreciated here too please.

I think Canelo is tailor made for Mayweather and he's likely going to eat right hands all night. The only advantage he may have is size, but Mayweather is so elusive that Canelo will do well to land anything substantial.

I also don't think Canelo has the stamina required to pressure Floyd all through the fight. Floyd by comfortable decision.

Undercard should be a barn duster. I'm picking Matthysse to win by KO. Garcia is no slouch, but can he avoid Matthysse's power for 12 rounds? At the very least, trying to avoid Matthysse's power is going to throw Garcia off his game plan, similar to what happened to Peterson.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Loved Canelo not even needing the translation for the 'are you ready' question....I really think he can do it

That was brilliant! I was born ready. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dayandnight818

Does anyone know what time the Garcia Matthyse fight is scheduled to start Irish time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

What time are Canelo and Mayweather expected in the ring, probably a good idea to edit the 1st post too, as im sure a lot of people are going to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Rochey18 wrote: »
    What time are Canelo and Mayweather expected in the ring, probably a good idea to edit the 1st post too, as im sure a lot of people are going to ask.

4:45am I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

Putting my cards on the table here and it appears its not popular opinion.

Canelo will win this fight. People saying he is made for Mayweather are deluded. He is quick, super strong, a good counterpuncher on the front foot and most importantly- mentally strong.

Mayweather is as solid as they come all round. Super fast, quick thinking and he will have judges on his side. The important factor being overlooked though is his age, he is 36 and is having a fight six months apart for the first time in years with his comeback fight after a stint in prison.

People gave Gurerro too much credit. He was useless and an easy warm up. It's the training that will cause Floyd the problem and I believe (as they say in horse racing) he will bounce. I look back to the Cotto fight were Floyd was caused Hugh problems by a fighter past his best (but at a good level). Signs of Floyds age were there and were not exposed in the Gurerro fight.

Canelo will expose them and I think he will wear him down, not by pressure but by being effective.

All will be seen soon but that is we're I stand. middle round knockout or points win for Canelo.

I also like the underrated Garcia for the undercard. Strong chin and punching power are evident in both corners but Garcia is a good boxer and has an underrated trainer and I think his ability to make mateesye miss will win him the fight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

fsfg wrote: »
    Putting my cards on the table here and it appears its not popular opinion.

Canelo will win this fight. People saying he is made for Mayweather are deluded. He is quick, super strong, a good counterpuncher on the front foot and most importantly- mentally strong.

Mayweather is as solid as they come all round. Super fast, quick thinking and he will have judges on his side. The important factor being overlooked though is his age, he is 36 and is having a fight six months apart for the first time in years with his comeback fight after a stint in prison.

People gave Gurerro too much credit. He was useless and an easy warm up. It's the training that will cause Floyd the problem and I believe (as they say in horse racing) he will bounce. I look back to the Cotto fight were Floyd was caused Hugh problems by a fighter past his best (but at a good level). Signs of Floyds age were there and were not exposed in the Gurerro fight.

Canelo will expose them and I think he will wear him down, not by pressure but by being effective.

All will be seen soon but that is we're I stand. middle round knockout or points win for Canelo.

I also like the underrated Garcia for the undercard. Strong chin and punching power are evident in both corners but Garcia is a good boxer and has an underrated trainer and I think his ability to make mateesye miss will win him the fight

as the mayweathers say, you don't know shit about boxing.

gonna be another easy night's work for The King, the Greatest of All Time.

Advertisement