Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Canelo Alvarez September 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

as the mayweathers say, you don't know shit about boxing.

gonna be another easy night's work for The King, the Greatest of All Time.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

The guy made some good points. Argue them in a constructive manor. Say why you disagree with him. Why would you make yourself look stupid with clichés.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

fsfg wrote: »
    Putting my cards on the table here and it appears its not popular opinion.

Canelo will win this fight. People saying he is made for Mayweather are deluded. He is quick, super strong, a good counterpuncher on the front foot and most importantly- mentally strong.

Mayweather is as solid as they come all round. Super fast, quick thinking and he will have judges on his side. The important factor being overlooked though is his age, he is 36 and is having a fight six months apart for the first time in years with his comeback fight after a stint in prison.

People gave Gurerro too much credit. He was useless and an easy warm up. It's the training that will cause Floyd the problem and I believe (as they say in horse racing) he will bounce. I look back to the Cotto fight were Floyd was caused Hugh problems by a fighter past his best (but at a good level). Signs of Floyds age were there and were not exposed in the Gurerro fight.

Canelo will expose them and I think he will wear him down, not by pressure but by being effective.

All will be seen soon but that is we're I stand. middle round knockout or points win for Canelo.

I also like the underrated Garcia for the undercard. Strong chin and punching power are evident in both corners but Garcia is a good boxer and has an underrated trainer and I think his ability to make mateesye miss will win him the fight

Well, one of us is going to be right in the early hours of tomorrow morning. :)

You seem to have given us lots of reasons why Mayweather will lose but not a lot to backup why you think Canelo can win (apart from generalities like speed, power etc.).

Canelo hasn't shown me anything in his previous fights that would make me think he can beat Mayweather. I would agree Cotto gave Mayweather a good test, but Floyd dominated the mid to later rounds after making some adjustments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

Tell me one person of noteworthy stature in the boxing skills department that Canelo has beaten who is even within touching distance of the top shelf?

Big Mouth Trout? the guy had one win over a dishevelled Cotto; as easy as he was in was as easy as he was out.

The Kid's gas tank - non existent against the best gas tank in the business.

Watch his legs go heavy from round six onwards and him leaning on the ropes moving his head trying to gain points cause his legs have given out.

Speed? Mosley and Cotto both faster than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭fsfg

Well, one of us is going to be right in the early hours of tomorrow morning. :)

You seem to have given us lots of reasons why Mayweather will lose but not a lot to backup why you think Canelo can win (apart from generalities like speed, power etc.).

Canelo hasn't shown me anything in his previous fights that would make me think he can beat Mayweather. I would agree Cotto gave Mayweather a good test, but Floyd dominated the mid to later rounds after making some adjustments.

For me it is Canelos combinations that are key. When he unloads he lets lightning quick unpredictable combinations go in an unconventional style. That is the key, Mayweather won't know we're the next one is coming from. Cottos success was from being strong and throwing combinations which Floyd was not used too (hook jab hook, jab jab) and it worked up to a point. Canelo does that naturally and it will be difficult for Mayweather to cope with IMO.

De la Hoya also had success doing it with wide hooks but didn't have Canelos power.

I'm not going to bother responding to the all work is easy work fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

gonna be another easy night's work for The King, the Greatest of All Time.

Do you actually talk about Mayweather like that in person? Please stop...

• Advertisement

Tell me one person of noteworthy stature in the boxing skills department that Canelo has beaten who is even within touching distance of the top shelf?

Big Mouth Trout? the guy had one win over a dishevelled Cotto; as easy as he was in was as easy as he was out.
    It
    The Kid's gas tank - non existent against the best gas tank in the business.

Watch his legs go heavy from round six onwards and him leaning on the ropes moving his head trying to gain points cause his legs have given out.

Speed? Mosley and Cotto both faster than him.

There ya go. You made a constructive arguement. Feels good doesnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Anyone know what time this is likely to be on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

For me it is Canelos combinations that are key. When he unloads he lets lightning quick unpredictable combinations go in an unconventional style. That is the key, Mayweather won't know we're the next one is coming from. Cottos success was from being strong and throwing combinations which Floyd was not used too (hook jab hook, jab jab) and it worked up to a point. Canelo does that naturally and it will be difficult for Mayweather to cope with IMO.

De la Hoya also had success doing it with wide hooks but didn't have Canelos power.

I'm not going to bother responding to the all work is easy work fella!

Do you think Mayweather is going to sit in the pocket while Canelo plants his feet and throws combos? Maywether is going to make him miss and make him pay like he's done many times before. Like I said earlier, Canelo is going to have to eat a lot of straight rights hands before he can get into position to land and even then won't land much on Mayweather.

There ya go. You made a constructive arguement. Feels good doesnt it?

no need for the snide comments pal.

no tears tonight please when the ginger baron gets done raw.

"Big Mouth Trout? the guy had one win over a dishevelled Cotto; as easy as he was in was as easy as he was out."

Mayweather almost said this word for word! He just replaced dishevelled with "took it as a tune up fight"!

Trout is a top boxer in my estimation and that will be shown into the future. Mosely fought both and only gave 1 of the any trouble. Don't be deluded into thinking they are on different levels. Mayweather is a quality top drawer fighter but he is not the greatest of all time as he likes to claim. He lost to Castillo and was very tight against a drained De la Hoya, I just think he has met a fighter on the rise at the wrong time for him.

• Advertisement

is big mouth trout a future Hall Of Famer......?

No.

Case closed.

Do you think Mayweather is going to sit in the pocket while Canelo plants his feet and throws combos? Maywether is going to make him miss and make him pay like he's done many times before. Like I said earlier, Canelo is going to have to eat a lot of straight rights hands before he can get into position to land and even then won't land much on Mayweather.

Mayweather can pot shot and throw the straight right hand when an opponent stands in front of him, and he can beat them to the punch. He doesn't throw at the same time or while the aggressor is attacking.

is big mouth trout a future Hall Of Famer......?

No.

Case closed.

I take it yo use re just watching all access? Future Hall of famer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Think floyd will win but i think this will be the toughest fight he has ever had, Canelo is bigger stronger then anyone floyd has fought, his boxing skills are also very good and he can counter quite well, Canelo also seems to really believe he will win, i was also think the weight would be a big big issue for Canelo but he actually looks good, he will rehydrate and have a serious serious weight advantage, his mental strenth is very very strong he thinks he is the one to beat Floyd and i think he could but Floyd's ring generalship and his abilty to adapt will see him through on points in a close fight

yeah sparring shane mosley jr is great prep to get you ready to face the grandmaster of the sport. lol.

while training in a wetsuit to try and squeeze more juice out of yourself.

good luck ginger, you are going to need it.

yeah sparring shane mosley jr is great prep to get you ready to face the grandmaster of the sport. lol.

while training in a wetsuit to try and squeeze more juice out of yourself.

good luck ginger, you are going to need it.

Grandmaster? What age are u?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

What time should the matthysse Garcia fight start at?

Everytime I hear mayweather insult Canelo over his hair I cringe. Him and broner laughing at him over the Colour of his hair is weird. Will we all laugh at the fact floyds father got shot while holding him in his arms as a baby. NO because its fuking stupid to bring **** like that up. Anyone insulting Canelo calling him the ginger baron needs help. I would love to see Floyd on the deck tonight and making excuses after the fight. I don't know if it will happen. But he deserves it.

But he deserves it.

Why does he deserve to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 amcn1

someone help,

Dont have sky , I have UPC

i have internet just dont know where to stream it ?

any help much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 tmax

Please pm me the link for live streaming (or PPV)

amcn1 wrote: »
    someone help,

Dont have sky , I have UPC

i have internet just dont know where to stream it ?

any help much appreciated

I hate people watching it illegally. My brother watches fights on P2P4u.net and I have to pay for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 amcn1

I hate people watching it illegally. My brother watches fights on P2P4u.net and I have to pay for it!

i dont care about paying for it but its not letting me sub to livesport.net at the moment have tried 10 times today

You mean you choose to pay for it.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Why does he deserve to lose?

My personal opinion on Floyd Is he is a hard person to like. I think he's the best boxer in the world of the last 20 years but as a person the way he is I find it hard to like him.

I also feel he dodged pacman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Some of us would happily pay to see but can't because UPC are a shower if inept twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gerrythekid

Hey guys, anyone know of anywhere in Dublin; Bar/Club that are showing the fight? Thanks.

Hey guys, anyone know of anywhere in Dublin; Bar/Club that are showing the fight? Thanks.

Its a five in the morning. You'll be doing well too find anywhere legit showing it. Unless it's a lock in

My personal opinion on Floyd Is he is a hard person to like. I think he's the best boxer in the world of the last 20 years but as a person the way he is I find it hard to like him.

I also feel he dodged pacman.

It doesn't matter who has the best personality or who's the nicer person though. I like Floyd because he's an unbelievable boxer and it's a pleasure to watch him fight. He doesn't "deserve" to lose by any means.

• Advertisement

I called The Sporting Emporium and asked if they would be showing it, they said they don't think so.

Advertisement