Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather v Canelo Alvarez September 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mayweather to win easily. Garcia and Mathysse to steal the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Senor Frog wrote: »
    pm sent

Can I get any info you have aswell please?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Can't see it all going mayweathers way but think he'll get the decision, I'm going go with Garcia to ko mathysse in the fifth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

I havent seen too much of Canelo, saw him fight Cotto's brother ages ago, i thought he was pretty raw and easy to hit, but obviously he was young back then.

Can any of the more knowledgeable guys here tell me what he brings to the party and what he can do to hurt Floyd?

From youtube vids i can see he's aggressive, with decent skills and accuracy, but you can only tell so much from the clips i've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Cheers.

Can someone send me the pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Themonkey

hey have sky having trouble getting suscribed to boxnation HELP ME PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Themonkey wrote: »
    hey have sky having trouble getting suscribed to boxnation HELP ME PLEASE

You're on the mic, what's your beef?

Not sure if you're on Twitter but the boxnation account has been pretty active the last couple of days in terms of helping people get subscribed.

What sort of problem are you having with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

pm sent.

el flaco wrote: »
    You're on the mic, what's your beef?

Not sure if you're on Twitter but the boxnation account has been pretty active the last couple of days in terms of helping people get subscribed.

What sort of problem are you having with it?
    honestly not every time i try to suscribe it says enter ROI for ireland and i enter it keeps coming back up enter ROI again

Themonkey wrote: »
    honestly not every time i try to suscribe it says enter ROI for ireland and i enter it keeps coming back up enter ROI again

That's a bit odd alright. It's hard to see why it gets its knickers in a twist over something like that.

They're telling people to email contact@boxnation.com but I don't think they're replying that quickly!

• Advertisement

el flaco wrote: »
    That's a bit odd alright. It's hard to see why it gets its knickers in a twist over something like that.

They're telling people to email contact@boxnation.com but I don't think they're replying that quickly!
    thanks ill keep trying anyway defo not missing it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I think Canelos best chance is the early rounds, Mayweather was caught sweet by Mosely in the opening rounds, if Canelo catches him like that, it could be good night.

But yeah, I see it as a decision for Mayweather, but I like surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Gintonious wrote: »
    I think Canelos best chance is the early rounds, Mayweather was caught sweet by Mosely in the opening rounds, if Canelo catches him like that, it could be good night.

But yeah, I see it as a decision for Mayweather, but I like surprises.

While I understand what you're saying about catching Floyd early, before he has a chance to adapt (because he will adapt !), Shane caught Floyd because of the phenomenal speed of his right hand.....Canelo doesn't have that, and while he could always catch Floyd with a big shot I reckon that's more likely to happen later in the fight with Floyd having slowed down (and being backed up) due to pressure, not being caught off guard early.

Then again I actually don't think Floyd will get caught so who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

Lot of reports surfacing online that the kid is struggling to make the 152, apparently has been dehydrating for two days now, doing wind sprints, training wearing blastic bags etc.

There was a lot of talk of it at the presser apparently.

If there are any issues at all with the weight it will reap dividends for The King on Saturday night. The Ginger had three months to get his act together, Floyd will batter him raw if the kid hasn't bothered his arse to put the hard yards in over the summer. A bit of extra road work and he would have slimmed down comfortably but it sounds like there is nothing left but water and he will be squeezed very very tight over the next twenty four hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Boooourns

So UPC doesn't do Boxnation and i can't sign up online, some disaster this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Angel Garcia is an absolute twat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Lot of reports surfacing online that the kid is struggling to make the 152, apparently has been dehydrating for two days now, doing wind sprints, training wearing blastic bags etc.

If there are any issues at all with the weight it will reap dividends for The King on Saturday night. The Ginger had three months to get his act together, Floyd will batter him raw if the kid hasn't bothered his arse to put the hard yards in over the summer. A bit of extra road work and he would have slimmed down comfortably but it sounds like there is nothing left but water and he will be squeezed very very tight over the next twenty four hours.

Wow man i am actually embarrassed for you, The king, ginger christ what are you another TMT fanboy ffs, Do you honestly think Canelo isn't trying to make weight Floyd wanted to handicap Canelo by making him fight at 152. If i was Canelo i'd do what Floyd did vs JMM come in at 153 or something so not to drain himself to bad and pay the fines, **** Floyd he is a horrible man and i'd love Canelo to batter him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Links please, lots to choose from going by what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Hi guys,

I don't have sky and realise this is not available on telly any other way. If anyone would be able to send me a PM with any info on how to watch this card, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

No way canelo's having an issue making weight. I expect mayweather on points but not necessarlity what I want to see. Canelo can be lazy in fights when he wants to be, he has power and speed but i can't see him hitting floyd, if he throws his little uppercuts then floyd will counter well. But then he could hurt his hand and have to box on the back foot for a lot of rounds, who knows. At this stage I'm just hoping for a great fight, one of the two big ones has to be. Gonna go for a mathysse ko and a floyd points decision.

• Advertisement

• Mike Tyson: "I've only seen Canelo fight twice -- against [Josesito] Lopez and [Austin] Trout. Trout gave him some trouble and he isn't as experienced and as technically skilled as Floyd is. Floyd stays in tip-top shape and is a very relaxed fighter. He is at his peak. It's going to be hard for anybody to beat Floyd now unless he doesn't train. Floyd has transcended the game so much that the best fighters out there now try to emulate his style. Floyd wins by a decision."

• Lennox Lewis: "Mayweather will win because of his speed and experience. He's been at this level before so that will also be an advantage. He's the best until proven otherwise. Canelo is talented, young, strong and dangerous -- makes it all the more exciting."

• Zab Judah: "Mayweather is too fast and has great timing. I just don't see Canelo hitting him. I don't see Canelo being able to do anything to Floyd."

• Adrien Broner: "Floyd Mayweather will win by KO in the late rounds.”

• Paulie Malignaggi: "You can't count Canelo out because he's a natural junior middleweight, so he has a chance. But at the end of the day it's Mayweather winning on points."

Tale of the Tape: Mayweather-Alvarez
    Mayweather Alvarez

• Cristobal Arreola: "[Mayweather has] the experience and he's been in a lot of big fights before. That is not to say Canelo hasn't, but Mayweather has been in more and knows what to do in a fight of this magnitude. I think Canelo took this fight two fights too soon. Mayweather by decision."

• Seth Mitchell: "Floyd's boxing IQ is just too great. His offense, defense is just too good."

• Rafael Marquez: "The winner of this fight is the boxer with the most intelligence and power, and I hope it is going to be Canelo."

• Gary Russell Jr.: "In order for Floyd to beat Canelo, he has to keep Canelo on the outside and outbox him and pot shot him. Floyd needs to make it clear that he's landing the cleaner and more effective punches. For Canelo to win, he needs to make the fight ugly and finish his combinations with a hook. He has to make it ugly and rough for Floyd. If Canelo makes it close, he will win."

• Carlos Molina: "At first it looks like Mayweather's experience and speed will be too much for Canelo. But then you think about it and Canelo is young and strong. This is boxing. You just never know. I would say at this point it is 60-40 Mayweather."

• Lucas Matthysse: "If the fight goes the distance then Floyd Mayweather will win. But if Canelo Alvarez fights intelligently, he could win the fight."

If i was Canelo i'd do what Floyd did vs JMM come in at 153 or something so not to drain himself to bad and pay the fines, **** Floyd he is a horrible man and i'd love Canelo to batter him

How much is the penalty though? Leonard Ellerbe said "it's a lot.....a lot".
    Speculation is that it's $1m per-pound. Admittedly Alvarez will be making a lot of money from this fight but that $1m+ would be a lot of money to forfeit.

Is the weigh in on boxnation tonight? Can't see it in the schedule, it says on shosports 6pm eastern time is that around 10/11pm here? He'll make weight he was sparring at 155.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

davkel wrote: »
    Is the weigh in on boxnation tonight? Can't see it in the schedule, it says on shosports 6pm eastern time is that around 10/11pm here? He'll make weight he was sparring at 155.

The weigh-in is on Boxnation tonight from 10pm till midnight and it's free to air as far as I know.

EDIT - just looked at the Boxnation email again and it seems to be on their website rather than their station.

Cheers, I'm watching online through livesports subscription so should be able to see it there. I had a test run last night boxnation were showing fights from MGM last week and the quality was fine, it's no hd but on a 40inch tv it was fine.
    Mathysee KO and mayweather points is around 5/2, i think i'll be going for that but have a cheeky look at canelo stoppage in the middle rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

davkel wrote: »
    Cheers, I'm watching online through livesports subscription so should be able to see it there. I had a test run last night boxnation were showing fights from MGM last week and the quality was fine, it's no hd but on a 40inch tv it was fine.
    Mathysee KO and mayweather points is around 5/2, i think i'll be going for that but have a cheeky look at canelo stoppage in the middle rounds.

I'm doing the exact same bet. Fingers crossed eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Cheers.

Hi, any chance I could get this as well please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gonsaenz

davkel, are you sure you can watch it from the ROI??? in the Box Nation's webpage it says that the service is available only in the UK and Northern Ireland. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Looking forward to this.

I'll be shocked if Canelo gives Floyd any serious problems.

I predict a wide points win for Mayweather.

• Advertisement

It works fine but you have to sign up while in the uk (e.g i was in fermanagh on a bt fixed line network), otherwise when you go to sign up there will be no sunscription options. have had it on all week watching the all access eps and even bunce's boxing hour on monday. I said it before I'll be up in the north on saturday night anyway so not expecting an issue just hoping the livesports serversdont crash or something. There are always link for boxnation streams online but i couldn't rely on one for this.

Alternatively if you're in dublin the sporting emporium off grafton street will probably have it on, you might have to throw a few quid on black jack to be able to watch it but might be cheaper than a subscription and you might even win some $$$. You never know you mght have some lady in a mini and 12 inch heels cashing out your $450k like floyd did in that all access episode last night.

Advertisement