Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So I got up this morning, hadn't looked at the betting since it began and made up my own book in my head.
    Head of the market for me was Thomas and Tiger at 5/1, DJ at 7/1, Schauffele and Simpson at 12/1. Rahm, Wolff and DeChambeau at 16/1, then Casey, Scott and Matsuyama at 20/1.
    Tiger at 18/1 is a gift that needs to be jumped on.
    I've added him to my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

gaelar29 wrote: »
    McIlroy ew, as main bet and smaller bet on Todd ew..

De Chambeau ew for first round leader and wee first rounder leader bets on Fritelli, Todd and Griffen

What odds was Fritelli?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What odds was Fritelli?

I got fritelli at 200s on PP. for overall not first round leader sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gaelar29

What odds was Fritelli?

100/1, 8 places.....Hopefully can keep it up

gaelar29 wrote: »

Well he is definitely placing... and in with a very good chance of an o/r W....

• Advertisement

gaelar29 wrote:
    Looking really good, Im the danger man to you. Hope it comes up, good luck.

I'm on Casey... hence the keen interest

I'm doing the same 3ball bets as yesterday and then adding a few more for the earlier starts.

Going to do fourfolds and an accumulator on Thomas, Scott, Wolff, Rose and Scheffler.
    Doing a straight double on Rose and Thomas as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I have an interesting one with Finau. Put €10 e/w on him @28/1. I can now cast out for €23 and change.

I could put 11.50 e/w on him now at 40/1. The difference being that i would only get 6 places as opposed to the 10 places pre-tournament. Any opinions on how to go? If he binked it it would be worth about 200 quid more by cashing out and re-investing.

Degag wrote: »
    I have an interesting one with Finau. Put €10 e/w on him @28/1. I can now cast out for €23 and change.

I could put 11.50 e/w on him now at 40/1. The difference being that i would only get 6 places as opposed to the 10 places pre-tournament. Any opinions on how to go? If he binked it it would be worth about 200 quid more by cashing out and re-investing.

As said before, McIlroy was my main bet for the weekend but late last night, put 10ew on Finau at 40s (7 places)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Degag wrote: »

Defo cash out and go again, the place will not be worth the difference between the win amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Defo cash out and go again, the place will not be worth the difference between the win amounts.

Cheers, yeah it jumped to 25 quid just after my post so pushed the button then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I got fritelli at 200s on PP. for overall not first round leader sorry

250 for me ! Only have 2.50 each way though

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

There'll be no only if he wins. It will be a nice chunk of change. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nothing only about that ! Good luck

eoghan104 wrote:

Well it's the decision that has to be made.
    Is 3 places with the potential payout of 63 euro with holding onto the bet.

I agree with you that cash out and reinvest is a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

De Cham bo to miss cut is looking good, I did flag it up earlier in thread, getting a decent run out of Shaufflle as well, totally different watching without crowds but at least we have no Mashed Potato chants

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bit surprised to see Rahm heading the market. Would have thought DJ and JT are bigger beasts in this jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Bit surprised to see Rahm heading the market. Would have thought DJ and JT are bigger beasts in this jungle.

Probably due to having 6 holes left in rd 2. All the big dogs in the mix, bar bryson. Next two days should be good

Looks a right minefield at the top of the leaderboard at the moment re picking a winner.

CT Pan at 100/1, 2 shots behind leaders and still 2 holes to play, seems worth a small punt ew..

Am def going for Reed at 25s ew, 6 under and still 7 holes to play of second round,,(33s now)

• Advertisement

Danny Willett hasn't shown any form since his Master's win in 2016. He's the highest placed Masters winner in the tournament right now at -7. He's currently priced at 50/1.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Danny Willett hasn't shown any form since his Master's win in 2016. He's the highest placed Masters winner in the tournament right now at -7. He's currently priced at 50/1.

Cheers for the tip. Have stuck a few shekels on him, McIlroy and Fleetwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

eagle eye wrote: »

Surprised he's that high, definitely value there, good shout

Probably due to having 6 holes left in rd 2. All the big dogs in the mix, bar bryson. Next two days should be good

Must be it, he's tied with DJ now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Brooks Koepka 100 at 19s
    Corey Connors 50 at 250
    They are both at -5, four shots off the lead.

Bets update
    Brooks Koepka 150 at 49.90 (extra bets at 110 and 120)
    Corey Connors 229.70 at 466.31 (extra bets at 280, 370, 380, 420, 430, 1000)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

Only ever do long shots in the golf kicking myself now I didn't back them all each way. Here's hoping DJ throws a wobbler today and drops a few shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

DD1518 wrote: »
    Only ever do long shots in the golf kicking myself now I didn't back them all each way. Here's hoping DJ throws a wobbler today and drops a few shots.

same - on Cameron Smith at 140/1 win only but would need a collapse from DJ i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

carq wrote: »
    same - on Cameron Smith at 140/1 win only but would need a collapse from DJ i think.

Waited for a while and cash out increased for Smith to 53,17 and 11 respectively so cashed out was better than each way in the end I suppose. DJ finally picks up a deserved masters he's playing serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Just added
    Rory to M/C @6-1
    CASEY 1RL @55,enhanced
    Hideki @22-1ew

Rory, looked good on thursday:)
    Casey,nice return a nice profit:)
    Hideki,did his usual sunday major disappearing act:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Scoundrel wrote: »
    I backed DJ Wolff and a long shot on Corey Connors.

Not too shabby at all the winner and Corey Connors snuck in for a place as well Wolff was a disaster but 2 outta 3 ain't too bad.

Advertisement