Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only twice in the last 10 years or so have either myself or the wife not backed Patrick Reed (purely out of lack of fundage) - The time he won the Masters and the current US Open. You all know what's going to happen dont you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Final day two-ball acca: Finau/Fowler/Howland/Reed/Schauffele/Simpson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

This is looking like a race to the bottom.

Everyone hitting over par at the moment?

70 -75 looks a half decent score?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Gweedling wrote: »
    Bryson & Xander to both make top 10 10/1
    Xander top 5 10/3
    Wu EW 150/1

Good picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

What odds was Bryson pre tournament? 18s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

thanks to the poster here who said bet on young guys like wolff after morikawa won the PGA. i can't find the post though. i cashed out on Saturday night so all good.

0eHaPdV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Due to lockdown and different time of the year, I plan on watching every min of action for the first time ever:
    5 points Win on Ram 12/1 (PP Boost)
    1 point e/w on Reed 33/1 (PP Boost)
    1 point e/w on Fleetwood 40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Bubba & Hatton are tempting me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I backed DJ Wolff and a long shot on Corey Connors.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I haven't decided on anybody yet but Cantlay is definitely on my radar. Adam Scott seems to be rounding into form at the right time, Jason Day too.
    I seen an interview with Tony Finau where he was discussing having Covid and he had a tough enough time with it, I just felt he seemed really focused in that interview which is something I always felt he was missing.
    Brooks showed a bit of form in Houston so can't be dismissed, DJ obviously in good form.
    I really hope that DeChambeau doesn't win this. I'd hate to see this course beaten by length.
    Webb Simpson is another that needs serious consideration as do Justin Thomas' and Xander Schauffele but I'm not mad about any of those three in Majors.
    Shocking that Berger and Hovland didn't get invites. It's ridiculous that the no.13 and no. 23 in the world are not in the field through no fault of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I had earmarked Louis Oosthuizen a few weeks ago and will probably stick with him. Leishman's odds tempt me, and will look for someone else around the 100s odd as well. Not sure of Wolff or Champ.

Small side bet of top finisher from various countries etc. for the craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

eagle eye wrote: »
    Shocking that Berger and Hovland didn't get invites. It's ridiculous that the no.13 and no. 23 in the world are not in the field through no fault of their own.

Well they are playing it as if it took place as scheduled in April so i'm guessing they didn't qualify based on that. I can see it both ways. Obviously yes all the top players should be involved but on the other hand they did not qualify and the qualification process is fairly known at this stage.

Have added Finau, Rose & Woodland myself so far. Will probably add Xander and one or two more.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

2 x Bets.. 1. 10e EW Xander Shaffelle.. 5e EW Tyrell Hatton.Although due to lack of fans or should I say patrons I won't be surprised to see some of the lesser lights in the game break through as I'd say there will be a lot less pressure this time rounf. Sit back now and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

DJ all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Backed Bubba 3 weeks ago, debating Hatton and Ancer, should be entertaining

I was only going to back Sergio this year but now that he's out because he got covid in Houston, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the spectatorless masters :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Will the greens be any slower than usual because it is in the autumn/early winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

DeChambeau making a mockery of the course apparently.
    Here’s a recap, per Paulson via Lyle, of what DeChambeau hit into some of the holes:

No. 1 (Par 4, 445 yards): Sand wedge
    No. 2 (Par 5, 575 yards): 8-iron
    No. 3 (Par 4, 350 yards): Flew the green with 3-wood off the tee
    No. 8 (Par 5, 570 yards): 7-iron
    No. 9 (Par 4, 460 yards): Sand wedge
    No. 10 (Par 4, 495 yards): Pitching wedge
    No. 11 (Par 4, 505 yards): 9-iron
    No. 13 (Par 5, 510 yards): 7-iron (hit 3-wood off tee)
    No. 15 (Par 5, 530 yards): 9-iron
    No. 17 (Par 4, 440 yards): Sand wedge

Couldn't root for him so wouldn't back him.

Might give Oosthuizen and Kisner a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I predict that someone will appear on here Sunday night saying they backed the winner but "can't upload the screenshot".

In terms of the golf, I fancy DJ.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Will the greens be any slower than usual because it is in the autumn/early winter?

The groundstaff have reportedly said they can make the greens any speed they want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Will have to have a saver on Bryson.
    His stats combined this year are so far ahead of everyone else this year its ridiculous.

Other picks will be

Cantlay
    Schauffle
    Rahm
    Kokrak
    Possibly reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Justin thomas
    Dustin johnson
    And freddie couples to be in top 5 after day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rikand wrote: »
    The groundstaff have reportedly said they can make the greens any speed they want

Yeah, they have under-green heating as far as I know, so can pretty much set them to whatever pace they want

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Yeah, they have under-green heating as far as I know, so can pretty much set them to whatever pace they want

they can literally suck the water out from the greens .

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Hatton 28s
    Xander 14s Both PP
    Molinari 100s E/W 888
    Finau 33s
    Day 40s Both BetVictor

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wolff 40/1
    Bubba 35/1
    Reed 28/1
    Xander 14/1

And pointless bet is Spieth @ 66/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Reed 1pt EW 22/1
    Cantlay 1pt EW 20/1
    Xander 2pt EW 12/1
    Woodland 1pt EW 110/1
    Rory 2pt EW 11/1
    (EW 11 places)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TheFarneyman

Main 3
    John Rahm
    Patrick Reed
    Rory McIlroy

big prices
    Rose
    Tiger
    Smith

very big price
    Ancer
    Na
    si woo kim

all ew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Shane lowry 100/1 ew
    Matthew Wolf 125/1
    Victor Perez 250/1 ew
    Colin Morikawa 300/1

Though I have a suspicion it will be between Bryson and Day for it on Sunday evening, alas I have not backed either :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Shane lowry 100/1 ew
    Matthew Wolf 125/1
    Victor Perez 250/1 ew
    Colin Morikawa 300/1

Though I have a suspicion it will be between Bryson and Day for it on Sunday evening, alas I have not back either :rolleyes:

Did you do Wolf and Morikawa a while ago, or where did you get those odds? I'd definitely back them myself at those odds

Advertisement