Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Jon Rahm to win @ 14/1

And all the following e/w
    Hovland @ 20/1
    Reed @33/1
    Can smith @ 45/1
    Marc Leishman 66/1
    Tommy Fleetwood 66/1
    Shane Lowry 70/1
    And last but not least
    Max homa 125/1

Really hope with get a bunched leaderboard come Sunday with a lot of the top top players. Then throw in a decent wind and watch some grinding pars.
    Or just give me a Rory v Speith showdown

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

I went:
    Hovland @ 18/1
    MacIntyre @ 80/1
    Homa @ 100/1
    Higgo @ 90/1
    Cam Smith @ 35/1

then out of loyalty
    McIlroy @ 11/1

Couldn't bring myself to follow heart on Lowry @ 50/1 - really hope I'm wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Speith 18
    Bryson 22 both win only

Hatton 55
    Lowry 95
    Louis 110
    Woodland 130 all ew place at 8 separate.

Frl
    Keegan 55/1 1/4 5 places
    Wallace 100/1 ew 7 places

GL all

FRL

Tommy 50/1
    Tyrrell 50/1
    ew 1/5 1-8 both

And McIlroy to miss the cut @ 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Hovland e/w - 18/1
    Xander e/w - 18/1
    Fitzpatrick e/w - 40/1
    Viktor Hovland, Patrick Reed, Will Zalatoris, Daniel Berger & Collin Morikawa top 40 finish - 11/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

McIllroy for win and FRL (latter boosted to 28/1 on PP which seems massive)
    Hovland
    Hatton
    Fleetwood
    Wallace
    MacIntyre

Based on the above you can expect an all American leaderboard on Sunday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Rahm 12s

Hatton 40s

Rose 66s

Grace 125s

Martin Laird first round leader 200/1 ew

Paul Casey 70-1 outright ew

Both beautiful ballstrikers and in the case of Casey, I find in insane that he is as big as 70's this week. Good luck to all who have placed a few wagers this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Berger e/w @ 25/1
    Cantlay e/w @ 40/1

T20
    Conners @ 12/5
    Reed @ 7/4
    Ancer @ 2/1
    Scott @ 4/1
    Xander @ 10/11

Koepka MC @ 13/8
    Na MC @ 5/4
    Todd MC @ evens

Low Round 65 & Over @ evens
    Casey, Cam Smith & Ancer Top 40 @ 11/2

• Subscribers Posts: 41,306 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

schwartzel e/w @80s

coming in with some steadily improving form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Did Perez wiesberger Macintyre and Detry cos I am hearing it’s a course that will suit the Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Tyrell Hatton and Daniel Berger.

Also did Joel Dahmen after he predicted a top 20 finish in a video i seen on instagram yesterday. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Went for Hatton, Ancer and Lowry.

Schwartzel seems a good shout too. Not so sure on Rahm. Been awful lately by all accounts and had a few MCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He hasn't been awful, he's very close but just not firing on all cylinders. It could happen any week but it's going on a bit longer than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Xander
    Bradley
    Bubba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Jon Rahm to win @ 14/1

And all the following e/w
    Hovland @ 20/1
    Reed @33/1
    Can smith @ 45/1
    Marc Leishman 66/1
    Tommy Fleetwood 66/1
    Shane Lowry 70/1
    And last but not least
    Max homa 125/1

Really hope with get a bunched leaderboard come Sunday with a lot of the top top players. Then throw in a decent wind and watch some grinding pars.
    Or just give me a Rory v Speith showdown

Serious question here, how do you get any enjoyment in backing 10 golfers in a tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

eagle eye wrote: »
    He hasn't been awful, he's very close but just not firing on all cylinders. It could happen any week but it's going on a bit longer than expected.

Fair enough. He certainly has it in the locker! just haven't seen it recently. Maybe caught him in his bad points as of late.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Motivator wrote: »
    Serious question here, how do you get any enjoyment in backing 10 golfers in a tournament?

It gives you ten chances of winning! Also golf isn’t like most sports where the favourites will typically be in the mix. Why not back a few as putting all your eggs in one basket when it comes to golf is crazy

Some bookies are paying up to 10 places in a book where literally every single player is what could be considered as an e/w price. From an 'ev' perspective I think its probably far more +ev than spreading yourself thinly.

Usually go with 6 from the start myself and will add one or two Saturday/Sunday for the Majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fancy Cameron Smith this week.
    Also Reed, Fleetwood and Lowry to possibly handle the conditions better than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭thewobbler

There’s 156 players and you could only safely rule out around 50 of them.

10 bets is too many for me personally but I can understand the logic behind it. If a couple of ew shots land, your week is covered. Anything else is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My bets and they are looking at it from different angles.
    I backed Sam Burns and Garrick Higgo because they are currently the hottest golfers on their tours.
    Then I did up stats.
    We are looking for good ball strikers so I took those stats and then added the scoring rankings for par 3's 200-250 yards, par 4's 450-500 yards and par 5's 550-600 yards.

The result of that in order was Schauffele, Simpson, DeChambeau, Im, Ortiz, Morikawa, Palmer, Zalatoris, Conners, List, Bradley, Watson, Smith, Oosthuizen, Scheffler, Niemann, Ghim, Berger, Kokrak, Hovland and Hoffman.

Out of those I backed Simpson, Im and Scheffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Some bookies are paying up to 10 places in a book where literally every single player is what could be considered as an e/w price. From an 'ev' perspective I think its probably far more +ev than spreading yourself thinly.

Usually go with 6 from the start myself and will add one or two Saturday/Sunday for the Majors.

Yes, and the same bookies are absolutely fleecing you on the prices. They’re offering 10 places to sucker people in. Backing that many players ew you’re losing your win money instantly so while your chances of backing the winner is obviously enhanced you’re not getting the best value.

If you want an interest with multiple players then back the two/three ball groups those players are in with doubles, trebles and accums. For less money you’re giving yourself a greater chance of getting something back and if they all click then you’re laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yes, and the same bookies are absolutely fleecing you on the prices. They’re offering 10 places to sucker people in. Backing that many players ew you’re losing your win money instantly so while your chances of backing the winner is obviously enhanced you’re not getting the best value.

If you want an interest with multiple players then back the two/three ball groups those players are in with doubles, trebles and accums. For less money you’re giving yourself a greater chance of getting something back and if they all click then you’re laughing.

To the casual punter though, it’s the 10 places that encourages them to bet, so the price is really irrelevant to an extent.

As much as someone who knows betting knows the markup in price is horrible, some people either don’t know it or even don’t really care. They just want something that’ll keep them interested for the 4 days and having 10 possible ways to cash is a nice encouragement.

Martin Laird first round leader 200/1 ew

Paul Casey 70-1 outright ew

Both beautiful ballstrikers and in the case of Casey, I find in insane that he is as big as 70's this week. Good luck to all who have placed a few wagers this week!

Laird and Casey going very nicely thank you very much! Keep it lit!!

Dont agree at all and looking at the top 10-15 in the markets the bookies offering 10 places were pretty much in line with the others. It was also possible to take the best price on every player for a minimum of 8 players.

Nor sure what you mean by the second sentence, if its simply that only one pkayer can win then I think that is very obvious, it doesnt make dutching multiple players any less valuable.

Backing 10 players in doubles, trebles and accums will cost less than backing 10 players outright???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I've gone Koepka at 40s (couldn't believe the price, although I know he has been injured), Conners at 66s and Schwartzel at 100/1 (playing into some form). All e/w

Koepka and Conners look like good prices now. Delighted with my start :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Frl
    Keegan 55/1 1/4 5 places
    Wallace 100/1 ew 7 places

GL all

A nice place to start off, although I have a bit sliced off over few extra places.

Good luck to everyone for next 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Backed Connors, Mickelson and Hatton for Top 10. All under par after 1st round. Berger for Top 5 looks a loser but he started slow last week again and climbed up the leaderboard.
    I bet Top 5 or Top 10 on the Betfair Exchange in golf last few years with some success. Odds seem decent and I don't feel like I'm betting against myself with multiple bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Backed Connors, Mickelson and Hatton for Top 10. All under par after 1st round. Berger for Top 5 looks a loser but he started slow last week again and climbed up the leaderboard.
    I bet Top 5 or Top 10 on the Betfair Exchange in golf last few years with some success. Odds seem decent and I don't feel like I'm betting against myself with multiple bets.

Nice of you to tell us about the bet after the 1st Round ;)

Advertisement