Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

Options
1585960616264»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭eireyiddo

arnold palmer invitation

gone with Rickie fowler, Tom Kim and mattieu pavon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

Going well so far with the Tips 😉 You joining this year? Didnt see you down for Corbellis

sadly can’t commit Benny, I’ve plenty of caddying to do this year with the young lads last year needing me beside him and he’s down to play 11 events, some of which are 2 dayers, between march and august plus anything else that’s in the club too so just couldn’t see myself getting to any with you. It’s much better watching good golf than playing crap stuff anyways😬

Thats a petty but you have to work on the retirement plan! 😂 Good to hear hes still obsessed! If you ever down my neck of the woods dont forget to give us a shout and we play Kilkea. 😎

Keep the tips coming too 😉

surely Shane Lowry has a chance in the players starting tomorrow. form the last few weeks been fantastic. think he can go one better than his famous hole in one there. Its gonna be hard to get one over shefler if he putts like last week but deffo got a great chance. also gonna stick with Tom Kim and sneaky go with Hovland to recapture his pre Ryder Cup form

• Advertisement

Lowry is 33/1 what about Rickie @ 125/1 @eireyiddo

The random double bogeys out of Rickie would put me off. There’s a win coming for him but don’t think it’s this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Fowler has won Sawgrass before - tempted to back him. I am going for Aberg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Going with Jason Day (55-1) and Tommy Fleetwood (40-1) e/w

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Fowler each way

Matsuyama win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's a crazy tournament, there's been many shock winners over the years. Freddy Funk, Stephen Ames and Si Woo Kim come to mind. It's been more expected types the last while so the outsider is primed to show up this year or next. I think its always a good idea to pick one from the three figure range.

So for me, I like Will Zalatoris, JT, Jason Day and my out of nowhere guy is Doug Ghim.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

N. hojjigard (150-1) ew.

Power (300-1) ew.

A bit late but none of my guys out yet.

My team this week is Brian Harman whose playing great as is Nick Taylor. Keith Mitchell looks to be rounding into form and Doug Ghim has the approach play and putting to contend. Finally a man whose looked like he's starting to show a bit of his old form from quite a while back is Zach Johnson at a juicy price of 250/1.

Disappointing finish in the end for Mitchell and Seamy Power really, happy for Malnati though, Cameron young needs just be a bit bloody happier and he might turn one of them 7 runner ups on tour into a win. The longer that run goes on the more unhappy he’s gonna look. Fella looks like he’s out there playing against his own will most of the time. That great shot on 16 that nearly dropped was typical of him, barely cracks smile.

The tour is in a funny place at the moment. I get it that a lot of the top lads gave this tournament a swerve but the LIV effect was there for everybody to see this weekend. Sooner the better they get the best fields competing together again every week

Unlucky on Mitchell tho

Young needs to work with somebody to get him over the line. He's just not thinking properly. He has the class and the desire, he just needs to stay focused on his game no matter if he's in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi All. 

Has anyone else noticed that most of the bookies don’t offer round betting anymore. 

I’m with 3 online and the only one that occasionally offer this is Boyles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Scheffler & Rory to both finish top 10 @15/8 seems like good value with PP.

Small bet on Wyndham Clark aswell at 33/1.

Scottie Scheffler decides who won this. If he plays at a decent level for him he wins it, if he plays well then it's a procession.

The only player close to him right now on a consistent basis is Wyndham but he's a Masters rookie.

There is another rookie who deserves consideration and that's last week's winner Akshay Bhatia.

Russell Henley and Brian Harman are two others I like. Xander has the game for it but he's been very in and out this season. Early in the season I was thinking Cantlay could be a serious contender but he's been very poor over the last few tournaments.

I went on big, win only, on Scheffler a few weeks ago at 6/1.

I've now added Clark, Henley, Harman and Bhatia in the without Scheffler market.

That's my team for my attempt to get the winner of a third consecutive major.

I tipped Clark and Harman on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Aberg win . My ew are Taylor Moore , Eckroat and jaeger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Couldn't look past Koepka, odds were too tempting.

Also went for an e/w tipple on Jake Knapp at 150/1 on no basis at all only that he was mentioned as 'one to look out for' on an OTB preview over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭MacDanger

If you're betting on the win market (in most sports but golf & horses particularly) then Betfair is by far and away the best odds. For ew, high street bookies are better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Top 20

Scottie, Rory, Rahm, Hideki, Zalatoris, Henley, Harman

1st round Leader

DJ

Cam Young

Outright

Zalatoris

Hideki

Henley ew

Lowry ew

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Caustic

1 bet Lowry e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Always do 3 e/w bets at The Masters, with one of them being over 100/1.

Gone for Fleetwood, Lowry and the 125/1 haymaker being Adrian Meronk.

Advertisement