Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams on RTE PrimeTime--29-05-13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

If journalistic decency doesn't stop RTE engaging in throwing FF/FG's snowballs, maybe the law will.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

If SF did take a case for defamation (although I doubt they will), wouldn't the burden of proof be on RTE to prove allegations that he was in the IRA?

I mean you can't make allegations without anything to back them up. the "sure the dogs on the street know this.." argument wouldn't have any legal standing, I'm assuming.

I'd like to see a case, because I'm sick of the same line of questioning to SF officials, nothing has changed over the past 20 years.

Put up or shut up.

* I'm in a quandary though, as if RTE get sued it's tax payers money, like with the priest they made allegations about that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

humanji wrote:
    Gerry Adams on RTE PrimeTime--29-05-13
    can I have a go in that time machine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Jinto and the Weendo types have no right to interfere in the workings of this state. They killed lots of people in the 1969-98 period and have never apologised for this. Anyone who supports the jintoes and the weendoes have a deluded sense of nationalism. They are drug dealers and mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

The Jinto and the Weendo types have no right to interfere in the workings of this state. They killed lots of people in the 1969-98 period and have never apologised for this. Anyone who supports the jintoes and the weendoes have a deluded sense of nationalism. They are drug dealers and mafia.

Jinto and Weendo? What the hell is that?

• Advertisement

Jinto and Weendo? What the hell is that?

Continuity and Real IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Continuity and Real IRA.

What relevance are they to Gerry Adams though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Who did the Real IRA kill in 1968? Will you go on away with your messing.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Who did the Real IRA kill in 1968? Will you go on away with your messing.

Nobody in 1968. 1969 is when it started. The Real IRA were originally called the Provisional IRA. I am not to big into how and if these are 2 diff orgs or are the same! Gerry Adams was in neither of them, this I do know !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Nobody in 1968. 1969 is when it started. The Real IRA were originally called the Provisional IRA. I am not to big into how and if these are 2 diff orgs or are the same! Gerry Adams was in neither of them, this I do know

Wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The IRA in all its various guises = the curse of this island for far too long. With Adams as the Führer of the Provisional brand of terrorism, not that he could ever admit that he was at the helm, as he would be up for soo many murders/atrocities that he would be locked up for good (and the current Republican family would split), possibly resulting in all kinds of turmoil among the various factions, past & present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

LordSutch wrote: »
    The IRA in all its various guises = the curse of this island for far too long. With Adams as the Führer of the Provisional brand of terrorism, not that he could ever admit that he was at the helm, as he would be up for soo many murders/atrocities that he would be locked up for good (and the current Republican family would split), possibly resulting in all kinds of turmoil among the various factions, past & present.

O the laugh I'm going to have during the 100th anniversary of 1916, watching the steam come off your posts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Surely, if guilty, at most he'd serve two years.
    And the IRA is a symptom, the disease is British interference in Irish affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The best tactic the British government has used against the Irish is propaganda, this thread shows that, what a powerful tactic

It's funny the British never figured on that one when they couldn't defeat the IRA any other way, legal or illegally. Arrest the person everyone 'knows' is the leader.
    You wouldn't have to a winner of Mastermind to work out that the smart thing to do when running on a dual mandate would be to keep different people at the head of the separate strands.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The best tactic the British government has used against the Irish is propaganda, this thread shows that, what a powerful tactic

a.k.a. Everyone who doesn't agree with me has drunk the Kool Aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

The worst tactic terrorist apologists have used is suggesting everyone who disagrees with them is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    The worst tactic terrorist apologists have used is suggesting everyone who disagrees with them is an idiot.

Indeed. It lumps everyone together and gives them a feasible excuse whether they deserve it or not.

Generalising much? :rolleyes:

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Generalising much? :rolleyes:
    Oh the irony!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery :)

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery :)
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Adams is clearly a terrorist.

Look at his beard FFS.

Adams is clearly a terrorist.

Look at his beard FFS.
    This guy has no beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

This guy has no beard.

That's because he is undercover

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Looking forward to watching this in 3 weeks time :p

That's because he is undercover
    Oh shít I've blown it! *grabs passport*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

duinegorm wrote: »
    I own my house. I bought what I could afford. I owe nobody anything.

You owe property tax, mate.

Advertisement