Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams on RTE PrimeTime--29-05-13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

Smart never came into it, the southern clowns lay back and tolerated a sectarian war in the northern counties, and allowed the brits to carry out terror attacks in Dublin and Monaghan, and several other places. What did the sheeple of our so called republic do, cowered down and took it up the butt. When our overlords seen how cowardly some of us were they decided to ride us again, such is the situation we now find ourselves in. We are cowards, and denigrate those who stood up for their rights, and would not lay down for the ba$tards.
    Get off your ass and stand up and be counted, Your kids will if you do not have the guts.

How are you showing you have guts? Tell us what we should be doing and what example you are setting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Amronoc

Havent seen this, nor will I bother

Cant stand that tít miriam, Gerry Adams could have slaughtered a whole village, yet if she made him admit it, I wouldnt even care

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I miss the days when Gerry and co weren't allow speak on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Sully wrote: »
    Very one sided argument slamming Miriam here which is usually an indication we are in the pleasure of Sinn Fein supporters.

Its not the first time Sinn Fein top blokes have been pushed hard on the subject of IRA Membership and Leadership nor will it be the last until they just be honest with the people and have some cop on. Sinn Fein need to move on from their past and not speak from two sides of their mouth on the issues surrounding the IRA. That and get more realistic policies and not suggest you will be implementing different policies down South than up North (implementing austerity which apparently doesn't work here but works fine up North).

Is it any wonder why people are favouring Fianna Fail over Sinn Fein? They have completely failed to make significant gains and Gerry is a major part of their problem and as long as he is representing them and not moving away from the past, a real shift wont happen for their party.

They'll wipe the floor with Labour come the next election. The deluded people went with the safe bet last time, and we kno how that worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Smart never came into it, the southern clowns lay back and tolerated a sectarian war in the northern counties, and allowed the brits to carry out terror attacks in Dublin and Monaghan, and several other places. What did the sheeple of our so called republic do, cowered down and took it up the butt. When our overlords seen how cowardly some of us were they decided to ride us again, such is the situation we now find ourselves in. We are cowards, and denigrate those who stood up for their rights, and would not lay down for the ba$tards.
    Get off your ass and stand up and be counted, Your kids will if you do not have the guts.

OK let's who built the north from fields to towns and cities ohhhhh I know ,I know
    The British ,
    who built the roads?
    The British,
    Who built the hospital's ,schools ,local authority housing
    The British
    Who pays those idiots who proclaim no surrender on both sides social welfare because there so inbreed retarded they have no idea why they hate each other
    The british ,
    So not a a lot to complain about what they did is there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Very one sided argument slamming Miriam here which is usually an indication we are in the pleasure of Sinn Fein supporters.

Its not the first time Sinn Fein top blokes have been pushed hard on the subject of IRA Membership and Leadership nor will it be the last until they just be honest with the people and have some cop on. Sinn Fein need to move on from their past and not speak from two sides of their mouth on the issues surrounding the IRA. That and get more realistic policies and not suggest you will be implementing different policies down South than up North (implementing austerity which apparently doesn't work here but works fine up North).

Is it any wonder why people are favouring Fianna Fail over Sinn Fein? They have completely failed to make significant gains and Gerry is a major part of their problem and as long as he is representing them and not moving away from the past, a real shift wont happen for their party.

In fairness to Mr Adams,anytime he stands up in Leinster House and trys to ask FG/labour a question about their policies and cutting into peoples money,its FG and Labour who constantly avoid the question and turn it all back onto the past and what Mr Adams may or may not have done up North.

FG/Labour can never talk about their policies,they allways just slagg off Mr Adams and shyte on and on about The North and what Mr Adams did up there in the past.

People are fed up with that carry on now.

Oh and Im posting this as a person who voted Mr Kenny into power,and not as a SF supporter either.

Now after seeing what Kenny and Gilmore has done and all the lies they have told,Im sorry that I did vote for FG.

Keep the Germans,bondholders and the top bankers all nice happy and rich,and meantime savage the people of Ireland in the process.

Gatling wrote: »
    OK let's who built the north from fields to towns and cities ohhhhh I know ,I know
    The British ,
    who built the roads?
    The British,
    The British
    Who pays those idiots who proclaim no surrender on both sides social welfare because there so inbreed retarded they have no idea why they hate each other
    The british ,

Who taught you how to type? I'd look for my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

duinegorm wrote: »
    How are you showing you have guts? Tell us what we should be doing and what example you are setting?

If you have to ask that question, just hand the keys of your house back to the bank, let them sell it at a loss, then you pay back the bank the ballance, for the rest of your life, for the house you do not own. Your contribution will help to pay the largess to Richie Boucher, and his fellow travelers. Enjoy.

The British ,
    who built the roads?
    The British,
    The British
    The british ,

Are the British paying people social welfare on the basis that they fcuked their mother and are mentally challenged?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dotsey wrote: »
    Adams has always been an out and out politician. I believe he wasn't in the IRA but that's not to say as a republican leader he didn't have influence over them, I seriously doubt he was involved in any military matters but politically he influenced them a great deal towards the direction in which they headed. The more intelligent former IRA members have followed him into Sinn Fein like McGuinness, Doherty, Kelly, Ferris, Ellis etc whereas the others who couldn't grasp the political game like his accusers Hughes and Price plus the dissidents still can't emerge from the conflict.

I'd think you'd be very naive about how SF and the IRA would have been intrinsically linked back in 71/72, to seriously doubt he wasn't involved in some way with military matters. To me he was and is an astute politician, which makes me doubt his words, or at least suggests to me he is being economical with the truth when it suits. The IRA recognised this when specifically asking for his release from internment in 72 to have talks with the British Government, from then on he was the political figure head and to be protected at all costs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Senna wrote: »
    I miss the days when Gerry and co weren't allow speak on TV.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Who taught you how to type? I'd look for my money back.

Should I use txt speak to make it easier for or will pictures help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 Amronoc

Jesus i dont know what i hate more, politics, or boring fcuks talking about politics!

This is ah, can we not make fun of gerrys beard or miriams nice arshe?

If you have to ask that question, just hand the keys of your house back to the bank, let them sell it at a loss, then you pay back the bank the ballance, for the rest of your life, for the house you do not own. Your contribution will help to pay the largess to Richie Boucher, and his fellow travelers. Enjoy.

I own my house. I bought what I could afford. I owe nobody anything.

What has that got to do with anything about your previous post and how does that answer my questions?

Are you drunk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yamanoto wrote: »

Thats just funny as fcuk.:D:D:D

Reminds me of the 98fm toll trolls...M and 50 when they went up North.:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's like the Sinn Fein Ard Fheis in here.

Should I use txt speak to make it easier for or will pictures help

Making the slightest bit of sense would help. Read your own post before you hit that button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

The British ,
    who built the roads?
    The British,
    The British
    The british ,

that's why we want to stay in the UK

It's like the Sinn Fein Ard Fheis in here.

Sniper at work :O

The British ,
    who built the roads?
    The British,
    The British
    The british ,

I was looking at the long range weather for the May weekend it is not looking good. Do you think it will improve. Or is that to much for you to understand.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd think you'd be very naive about how SF and the IRA would have been intrinsically linked back in 71/72, to seriously doubt he wasn't involved in some way with military matters. To me he was and is an astute politician, which makes me doubt his words, or at least suggests to me he is being economical with the truth when it suits. The IRA recognised this when specifically asking for his release from internment in 72 to have talks with the British Government, from then on he was the political figure head and to be protected at all costs.

Where is the evidence, why wasn't he arrested and tried when the British and Irish where doing their level best to silence SF?
    Produce solid evidence or give it up.
    And so what if he was in the IRA, what possible difference does it make in the greater scheme of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Well to be fair they only removed their abstentionist policies in the republic in 86' they got their first TD in fifty years in 1997...

They now have 17 members of the Oireachtas. So they basically increase in an Oireachtas member by 1 each year. Steady progress...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

On a serious note, how would you compare this interview with Brian Dobsons interview with Bertie Ahern?

I was looking at the long range weather for the May weekend it is not looking good. Do you think it will improve. Or is that to much for you to understand.

I've a dirty weekend planned with a hot redhead ,

I'd say a lot of people will be working and enjoying there weekend

I've a dirty weekend planned with a hot redhead ,

I'd say a lot of people will be working and enjoying there weekend

Be careful redheads are temperamental, you would enjoy the weekend better with a pint and a small one, I know I have the teeshirt.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Where is the evidence, why wasn't he arrested and tried when the British and Irish where doing their level best to silence SF?
    Produce solid evidence or give it up.

It's my opinion, I'm just giving it as Dotsey gave hers. She's entitled to hers, I'm entitled to mine, people have opinions, its quite a common thing.
    And so what if he was in the IRA, what possible difference does it make in the greater scheme of things?

The fragility of the peace process as you put it one of your own posts. Unless you don't think the peace process is fragile, contradicting what you earlier posted yourself?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Be careful redheads are temperamental, you would enjoy the weekend better with a pint and a small one, I know I have the teeshirt.

Temperamental down right violent more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

paddy147 wrote: »
    Thats just funny as fcuk.:D:D:D

Reminds me of the 98fm toll trolls...M and 50 when they went up North.:D

how can them little boyos talk about other peoples accents when they sound like gypsies speaking latin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

kraggy wrote: »
    I would've thought Pearse Doherty was too young to have been in the PIRA. I thought he was one of the first band of pure politicians as opposed to ex paramilitay-now politician.
    Pat Doherty, he was SF vice president up until Mary Lou took up the position he's still an MP for Tyrone
    K-9 wrote: »
    I'm not being naive at all, SF and the IRA shared a lot of the same members but there was a lot of members of both who weren't members of the other. Adams was seen as the face of the IRA as the IRA were mostly anonymous, SF did speak on behalf of the IRA no doubt about it but both groups acted independently of each other even though there was a cross over of members. This resulted in the IRA becomming more politically aware and realising a political settlement could push the conflict further than a military settlement could. Adams is the only Irish political leader in the latter 20th century that could stand toe to toe with other great leaders like Pearse, Connolly and de Valera

• Advertisement

Dotsey wrote: »
    I'm not being naive at all, SF and the IRA shared a lot of the same members but there was a lot of members of both who weren't members of the other. Adams was seen as the face of the IRA as the IRA were mostly anonymous, SF did speak on behalf of the IRA no doubt about it but both groups acted independently of each other even though there was a cross over of members. This resulted in the IRA becomming more politically aware and realising a political settlement could push the conflict further than a military settlement could. Adams is the only Irish political leader in the latter 20th century that could stand toe to toe with other great leaders like Pearse, Connolly and de Valera

Probably a bit unfair saying naive, just he's a consummate politician, even back in those days, I just don't see why you believe him when you'd probably be cynical of many other politicians. My problem is he sticks to a political script that has barely changed in the 15 or so years since the Good Friday agreement about matters like this, which makes me more skeptical.

I'd agree with you from 73 or so onwards, though I'd say he was aware of more stuff than he lets on. Pre-73, I'm doubtful.

I'd agree with you on DeV, Connolly definitely not.

Advertisement