Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams on RTE PrimeTime--29-05-13

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Can someone please fix the date in the thread title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Oh the irony!

I've never seen the need to apologise for 'terrorism' as I don't believe they where terrorists. The British said they ould NEVER negotiate with terrorists, in fact they said it 3 times, 'Never, Never, Never'. S the IRA could not have been 'terroists.
    I think it is you with the labelling problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I've never seen the need to apologise for 'terrorism' as I don't believe they where terrorists. The British said they ould NEVER negotiate with terrorists, in fact they said it 3 times, 'Never, Never, Never'. So the IRA could not have been 'terroists.
    Loving the logic there happy. As a corollary did you know pirates prevent global warming? source.

I think it is you with the labelling problem.
    What can I say? I just find this desire to to give names to things dependent on pre determined definitions. It's weird.

Though no where near as weird as saying this friendly bunch weren't terrorists while on the same breath claiming [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_IRA]this[/URL] even more bunch are.

Loving the logic there happy. As a corollary did you know pirates prevent global warming? source.

What can I say? I just find this desire to to give names to things dependent on pre determined definitions. It's weird.

Though no where near as weird as saying this friendly bunch weren't terrorists while on the same breath claiming this even more bunch are.

Problem is Iwasfrozen, is that you are brainashed one, if the British called them 'neon Elephants', so too would you. But ultimately, you and those who allowed themselves to be led by British propaganda, are the patsies, as the British did the deal with them, leaving you now struggling to accept your manufactured boogiemen and women as the people with the power. Maybe one day you might see that and won't get fooled again.

Problem is Iwasfrozen, is that you are brainashed one, if the British called them 'neon Elephants', so too would you. But ultimately, you and those who allowed themselves to be led by British propaganda, are the patsies, as the British did the deal with them, leaving you now struggling to accept your manufactured boogiemen and women as the people with the power. Maybe one day you might see that and won't get fooled again.
    Funny you should say that because I see you the same way. Brainwashed from a young age during history lessons you took an interest in the subject and began your own research as you got older. Problem is you fit all this new found knowledge into the pre conceived notions installed in you since child birth. The them and us mentality. No doubt your family was republican too. Children are a sponge for this kind of thing.

And why do you mention terrorists in power? I'm from the south there are no terrorists over me.

• Advertisement

Funny you should say that because I see you the same way. Brainwashed from a young age during history lessons you took an interest in the subject and began your own research as you got older. Problem is you fit all this new found knowledge into the pre conceived notions installed in you since child birth. The them and us mentality. No doubt your family was republican too. Children are a sponge for this kind of thing.

I'm not the one all over this forum defending a point of view that is straight out of British Government Foreign Affairs circa 1985. Even they have changed their views of what happened and now embrace everything that the IRA fought for, an end to the suprematist Unionist state and a United Ireland when the IRISH themselves decide.
    And why do you mention terrorists in power? I'm from the south there are no terrorists over me.

I didn't mention 'terrorists in power'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Funny you should say that because I see you the same way. Brainwashed from a young age during history lessons ................

Do please explain who performed this heinous act.

Nodin wrote: »
    Do please explain who performed this heinous act.
    It happened in Long Creche. :D

It happened in Long Creche. :D
    I'll give you that, I chuckled. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 victorfeldman

kneemos wrote: »
    She's always an embarassingly bad interviewer,doesn't listen to answers and has continuity or direction in her questions.[/
    she really is an insult to the viewers intelligence....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Hey there zombie thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Who has disturbed the sleep of King Gerrythread.

Advertisement