Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams on RTE PrimeTime--29-05-13

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Yes that Sinn Féin. Christ dude take a chill pill. I love the way you see encouraging FDI as a bad thing btw.

Im not male so Im not a dude. Provisional Sinn Fein are part and parcel of the Imperialism that has made a total mess of my part of Ireland. The sooner they are exposed and destroyed the better. I admit I hate them more than I do the DUP or Fine Gael because they pose as something they are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Ah so didnt join the IRA to fight for the Republic and national liberation? They fought for equality with the prods under the old colonial system?

Great lads- pity that Brendan Hughes saw things differently.

And that try to mess around mess around- if they accept the GFA that whats it about, getting equal or getting one over the prods, little better than the fleg protesters.

I note that you 'edited' that post. It still doesn't make any sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I note that you 'edited' that post. It still doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense.

Those who support the GFA admit they were fighting for equality with the Prods under the colonial system and that is what is the long war was about them.

If you support the GFA basically you are sectarian.

You know that and I know that.

The actual non-sectarian Republicans have abandoned PSF long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Ah so didnt join the IRA to fight for the Republic and national liberation? They fought for equality with the prods under the old colonial system?

Great lads- pity that Brendan Hughes saw things differently.

And that try to mess around mess around- if they accept the GFA that whats it about, getting equal or getting one over the prods, little better than the fleg protesters.
    the republic and national liberation are always objectives but what drove people to war was what was facing them every day and that was secterianism and apartheid.

Brendan Hughes has his own opinions on things, a lot of others disagree with him.
    Sinn Fein that encourage foreign investment? Sinn Fein that are sort of okay about the EU? Sinn Fein that discouraged protests against the British Queen in Dublin? Sinn Fein that have the blood of at least four of the hungers strikers on their hands? Sinn Fein that are in coalition with the semi-fascist DUP adminstrating Troy cuts in the six counties? That Sinn Fein do you mean?
    we can't be at war with the British forever, the north in time will sort itself out and there's a clear path for that which has never existed before and dialogue is the key. But as the British are our closest neighbours and main trading partner we should show a level of respect toward their head of state regardless of our feelings towards her or the notion of royal families in general. Sinn Fein didn't discourage protests as SF were actively protesting but in a peaceful way, look at the militant way in the 32CSM protested for example and I was there by the way.

If SF pull out of the coalition with the DUP then the assembly falls, what's the point in that? the bigger picture is to keep in the game and stay active while pushing from within, the DUP are indeed fascists but they're elected representitives and we can't run away from that fact. Hopefully the unionist people cop on eventually that their party doesn't represent them. SF are constantly making gains in the north and hopefully they become the main party, and there's nothing they can do about Tory cuts but to keep raising the issue of more autonomy to the executive to set and administer their own tax and spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

It makes perfect sense.

Those who support the GFA admit they were fighting for equality with the Prods under the colonial system and that is what is the long war was about them.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

It makes perfect sense.

We the commttee will have to ask you for sources and provenance of the above in red.

Dotsey wrote: »

Brendan Hughes has his own opinions on things, a lot of others disagree with him.

It's mad, people are so willing to believe the British and media creation of a boogey man that they will cling to any criticism.

If it was Lowry or some other disaffected and disgruntled former member dissing the leader without any credible evidence other than their own bile, would they be willing to believe so fervently?
    Far as I can see SF is a democratically run party, no gerrymandering etc etc. How come he is still the longest serving leader of a political party in the western world...he must be doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

my dad was killed in the troubles by the PIRA.

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Of course the Provos carried out Kingsmill and no one punished for it- you cant admit though.

The sectarian element of the Provisional movement is supporting the guess what basically sectarian GFA- the actually Republican element of the Provisional movement has long left it in the north.

well firstly, thats utter tripe.
    secondly, i still dont see how you got that from me roundly condemning kingsmill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Of course the Provos carried out Kingsmill and no one punished for it- you cant admit though.

The sectarian element of the Provisional movement is supporting the guess what basically sectarian GFA- the actually Republican element of the Provisional movement has long left it in the north.

Seriously what are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Never mind unification, I eagerly await the day I can click on the last page of a thread about Gerry Adams or the North and actually see it still has some relevance to the first page. But no, it must be always dragged into the same old stupid arguments.

These forums are ruined with this ****e.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Never mind unification, I eagerly await the day I can click on the last page of a thread about Gerry Adams or the North and actually see it still has some relevance to the first page. But no, it must be always dragged into the same old stupid arguments.

These forums are ruined with this ****e.

It also amazes me that the mods on this forum will crack down hard on people making unsubstaniated accusations about other public figures (Most recently on the thread about the Killally shooting http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84432487&postcount=41) but allow unsubstaniated claims to be made on threads about the conflict on this island. It generally ruins the discussion too and I really think that the mods need to address this in a zero tolerance way.
    If you make an accusation you need to substaniate it. 'Don't let vitriol get in the way of facts' would be a good overall policy for these threads imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Happyman42 wrote: »
    It also amazes me...

I don't think it's all that amazing. There's an anti-Republican bias in the media and I don't think we should be so naive as to expect boards.ie to be any different.

Some of the people who comment on these boards have pretty good standards until it comes to commenting on the north when it plummets to the point of laughable shite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

SinnFéin threaten RTÉ with legal action arising from the programme
    RTE's 'Prime Time' team has said they are "not in the least concerned" over Sinn Fein threats of legal action following Miriam O'Callaghan's "robust" interview with party leader Gerry Adams. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ocallaghan-not-worried-as-sinn-fein-threatens-legal-bid-29244132.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

snubbleste wrote: »

Independent = fail

Independent = fail
    :confused: Elaborate.

:confused: Elaborate.

Its a rag, who's political editor just happens to be married to a fianna fail senator. There's independent thinking for you!

Its a rag, who's political editor just happens to be married to a fianna fail senator. There's independent thinking for you!
    We all know that. Do you have any comment on the article?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

SF trying to use the same old tactics of threatening journalists with the view to silencing them.

It wont work this time, Adams the sham has been exposed.

Gerry Adams interviewed on RTE Primetime

SF trying to use the same old tactics of threatening journalists with the view to silencing them.

And if he threataned with menace like a certain fianna fail senator you would be on complaining aswell. Or maybe he should have had a running gun battle through the streets like another fianna fail gangster!

You really can't win, and that is even if the DOB mouthpiece in the independent is to be believed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Groundbreaking news story right here ... miriam not worried about sinn fein not contacting her ... story is about absolutely nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Dunno why but I read the title as "Gerry Ryan on...".
    I was terribly confused for a few seconds.

Me too!

Didn't know what was going on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

She's a nitwit. The Irish Kay Burley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

She's a nitwit. The Irish Kay Burley

Leave Kay out of it, when she was doing the dancing, :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.
    Murium is gone past her sell by date in journalism and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Like that time Enda cried assault after falling over a flower pot

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/reporter-takes-the-hit-as-enda-ducks-the-question-1.531071

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

"same old tactics"? This has happened before? A few examples please.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nodin wrote: »
    "same old tactics"? This has happened before? A few examples please.

http://www.herald.ie/news/adams-now-threatens-to-sue-us-over-his-ira-past-27973466.html

Thats one.....literally one, as o'callaghan hasn't been threatened with legal action.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nodin wrote: »
    Thats one.....literally one, as o'callaghan hasn't been threatened with legal action.

Sure she hasn't. I guess SF announced they were referring it to their lawyers for no reason at all. How could we be so cynical to see this a threat of legal action? ;)

• Advertisement

Sure she hasn't. I guess SF announced they were referring it to their lawyers for no reason at all. How could we be so cynical to see this a threat of legal action? ;)

If they did. Given this is the indo, I'm less than convinced.

Advertisement